Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups BillytheKidder's Avatar

Default Re: Why do college players wear T-shirts under their jerseys and NBA players don't?

I was in Miami for the Cavs game this weekend and what I got from the Sports pages was that the Heat let Wade wear the bandaid so they let O'Neal wear headband. Then the league took away the bandaid.

Bill

Local High School Star zabuza666's Avatar

Default Re: Why do college players wear T-shirts under their jerseys and NBA players don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I don't think they ever have. When Larry Hughes got traded to the Bulls last year he had to dump the headband when he was using it in Cleveland. The same with Jermaine O'Neal to the Heat. He wore it with the Raptors then had to dump it with the Heat.

It's just one of those things. Like in baseball some teams want you to be cleaning shaven except for a mustache (ie: Reds and Yankees).
    O'neal wore a headband in the match against the cavs?

National High School Star

College jerseys are made out of inferior materials which chafes the players nipples something awful.

about Riley allowing JO to wear his sweatband

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/ba...ry/931397.html

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    Well f*ck me running. The one Heat game i watched he didn't have a sweatband on, and he looked weird as s*it.

When you're wrong you're wrong.
    Jesus, he does look weird.

Saw a basketball once

Hahaha JO's so black you couldn't tell he was wearing a headband.

Jerry Sloan is known for not allowing his players to wear headbands. I didn't know it was bulls policy to not allow players to wear headbands, I thought it was Scott Skiles who didn't allow it the last couple of years. I remember the whole fuzz about Ben Wallace not being allowed to wear one...

But anyway, NBA players probably aren't allowed to wear T shirts, I believe I heard this somewhere. Tried to look it up in the rulebook but I can't find anything.

Edit: Jermaine O'neal has a huge forehead

Blazers have a strict no headband policy now too. But it's because it's a policy of McMillian.

He made a special exception for LaMarcus Aldridge because of a ruptured eardrum that he had to keep fluids out of.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Jesus, he does look weird.
    JO has a bald pinhead, narrow shoulders and a big ass. Not a great look. Somehow the headband helps a little.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMG
    JO has a bald pinhead, narrow shoulders and a big ass. Not a great look. Somehow the headband helps a little.
    you just described a somalian person

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    you just described a somalian person
    that's so racist, yet so true

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

David Stern has a fetish for shoulders.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by wasteland
    No, it wouldn't. It actually gives your shooting hand more of a feel cause it tightens it. Armbands can do the same...
    That statement is retarded on several levels.

Tightening doesn't give you more feel, it gives you less. It's a medical fact. Restrictions cause less blood flow, which means less blood to the appendages, i.e. your hands, which means LESS feel on your shooting hand.

Also, sweatbands/armbands are not tight enough to be restrictive. They swell with your arm movement, unless you're wearing one that is too small for you.

They do make elastic oversized rubber bands that are used for some kind of change in circulation. Glen Rice used to wear them just below his kneecap in his later days.

If you want to make a case that it's better for them as a shooter, you're going to have to come up with an explanation that's not stupid.

Mathius

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    They do make elastic oversized rubber bands that are used for some kind of change in circulation. Glen Rice used to wear them just below his kneecap in his later days.

Mathius

Those rubber bands pressure off of the patellar tendons. Your patella tendon attaches the kneecap to your tibia and your femur. Your patella (kneecap) is supposed to moving up and down smoothly when you're running/walking, Glen Rice had problems with this, hence the rubber bands, taking pressure of off his knee.

Loot

Quote Originally Posted by loot

Those rubber bands pressure off of the patellar tendons. Your patella tendon attaches the kneecap to your tibia and your femur. Your patella (kneecap) is supposed to moving up and down smoothly when you're running/walking, Glen Rice had problems with this, hence the rubber bands, taking pressure of off his knee.

Loot
    Oversized rubber bands for changing the circulation?

LMAO

Someone certainly lacks some circulation in some vital parts of human body...geez...lol