Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter lakers-city's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    I'm not sure about some of you ranking Worthy higher than Kobe. I think i'd give Bryant the advantage in that one
    worthy played so well once that he won finals MVP over magic and kareem.

kobe is more talented than worthy but big games acomplished more.

1. Magic
    2. Kareem
    3. Shaquille
    4. Baylor
    5. West
    6. Kobe

He'll easily be in the top 4, I doubt he ever surpasses Magic...unless he leads this team to 3 more championships on his own, and wins 2-3 MVPs...I think he's the most exciting Laker of all time, or 2nd most exciting behind Magic.

It doesn't really matter where he ranks now becasue he's going to play another 7-10 years.

Facts Are Misleading

Default ...

If Kobe retires a Laker, I have no problem putting him up there with Magic and Kareem on the all-time Laker list.

That is not to say he's a better player than Wilt, but he has the longevity factor going for him. When I think of an all-time list for a team, it doesn't always mean greatest players ever. I rank them for their play while on the team and if they had success, and how long they stayed on the particular team.

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    1. Magic
    2. Kareem
    3. Shaquille
    4. Baylor
    5. West
    6. Kobe

He'll easily be in the top 4, I doubt he ever surpasses Magic...unless he leads this team to 3 more championships on his own, and wins 2-3 MVPs...I think he's the most exciting Laker of all time, or 2nd most exciting behind Magic.
    He won't "easily" do anything unless he gets some more titles, makes some deep playoff runs, etc.

lmao at "easily".

kobe needs at least 1 MVP and 2 finals MVP, not to mention at least 2 rings to ever dethrone magic.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers-city
    kobe needs at least 1 MVP and 2 finals MVP, not to mention at least 2 rings to ever dethrone magic.
    Magic has what 3 MVPs? Like 4 Finals MVPs? Went to the Finals what, NINE TIMES?

It'll take even more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    Magic has what 3 MVPs? Like 4 Finals MVPs? Went to the Finals what, NINE TIMES?

It'll take even more than that.
    you are mistaking my point. i wouldnt exactly call myself a kobe fan despite being a laker fan (my fellow laker fans usuaaly call me a hater)

but i said that to ever dethrone magic (to have a chance to do so) he needs to win some rings on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers-city
    you are mistaking my point. i wouldnt exactly call myself a kobe fan despite being a laker fan (my fellow laker fans usuaaly call me a hater)

but i said that to ever dethrone magic (to have a chance to do so) he needs to win some rings on his own.
    And I'm saying it will take more than one MVP and even 2 Finals MVPs to dethrone Magic.

kobe doesnt have the team magic did (kareem, worthy, cooper, scott, mcadoo, green, nixon.) so to ask him to win the SAME amount of rings as magic is stupid.

Not airballing my layups anymore pgm's Avatar

1. Magic
    2. West
    3. Baylor
    4. Kareem
    5. Shaq
    6. Worthy

Ignoring Kobe, this is the top 6. Kobe is arguably better than Worthy now. Although Shaq will be tough to pass. The man brought 3 rings to LA (with the help of Kobe, of course).

shaq should rank higher than west and baylor, how many times they were owned in the finals ? those dudes lost 9 finals and never won until wilt came to LA to save the day (in fact baylor never won)

kareem should rank higher than west and baylor too, those 2 dont rank much higher than kobe in my book, i see him surpassing both.
    Last edited by lakers-city; 09-30-2006 at 07:25 PM.

No-one has yet mentioned George Mikan. I know, completely different eras, but still, we're talking about the first Dynasty leader. 5 rings in 6 years (in an era with hardly any awards available) can't be dismissed like this. I'm not implying that Mikan is better than Kobe, but his accomplishments have to be mentioned in some way. For me, he still has to rank a little higher career wise-which means that I don't overrate his era, because if I did, then he should be top-3, with Magic and Kareem, as expected with a guy who wins 5 titles as the MVP of his team.

forgot completely about mikan.

magic, kareem, wilt, shaq, west, baylor, worthy and mikan.

Well, I wouldn't put Worthy above Kobe, so Kobe would be my #8 (nice coincidence...) and Worthy at 9.