Default Booker is averaging more than doube the clutch FG%+3PT% of the "Best Shooter Ever"

Devin Booker in the clutch: 65.5% FG, 53.8% 3PT

Stephen Curry in the clutch: 29.3% FG, 20.0% 3PT

Why is the greatest shooter ever such a big choker? Discuss.

Default Re: Booker is averaging more than doube the clutch FG%+3PT% of the "Best Shooter Ever

I mean I doubt Curry's stats are always that bad in the clutch, but he probably just overthinks it in clutch situations which is why he does worse.

Default Re: Booker is averaging more than doube the clutch FG%+3PT% of the "Best Shooter Ever

How many attempts are we talking?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Steph Curry has more accomplishments than the combined entire history of your franchise.

Rent free

Banned

But how many Nickelodian awards has Booker won?

Exactly!

Suns fans on ish still triggered they got their shit pushed in this season by the Warriors. Hope you enjoyed that NBA finals because you're not seeing another one for a while.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Suns fans on ish still triggered they got their shit pushed in this season by the Warriors. Hope you enjoyed that NBA finals because you're not seeing another one for a while.
    I don't know, man. I don't have a dog in the fight between the Suns and Warriors - I like both teams. But counting the Suns out this seasons seems a bit delusional. It's pretty obvious they have a legit shot at the title.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Idk man I wouldn’t be so cocky if my teams star was playing the way Steph is.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Steph Curry has more accomplishments than the combined entire history of your franchise.

Rent free
    you literally live rent free because you live in government housing

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Idk man I wouldn’t be so cocky if my teams star was playing the way Steph is.
    I'm praying he gets his shit together.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    I mean I doubt Curry's stats are always that bad in the clutch, but he probably just overthinks it in clutch situations which is why he does worse.
    Nah you're right, Curry's clutch stats aren't usually close to this bad. He's had some seasons where he shot 40% to 45% from 3PT in the clutch which is obviously quite good. And Book's clutch stats haven't been nearly as good they are this year in the past. But still, the numbers are what they are this year and I love trolling Warriors fans, so ofc I had to make the thread.

On a more serious note, I really don't understand why Steph's having such a bad year with his shot. It's pretty strange. Is there any other examples of players who were considered all time great shooters who had as much of a drop off in shooting efficiency as Steph has had this year for seemingly no reason? Seems like a pretty unique situation. Or maybe it has something to do with the level of defense he's expected to play on this Warriors team who prides themselves on playing good defense. Obviously Steph is capable of playing good defense, his defense seems much improved this season... but maybe it's taking a toll on his body making him exhausted, and affecting his shooting especially in the clutch when he's tired and ready for the game to end.
    Last edited by wagexslave; 01-31-2022 at 07:21 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    you literally live rent free because you live in government housing
    I’m living stretch mark free. Are you?

Stephen curry was never known for having clutch moments. His best moments come in garbage time, when his team usually have double-digit leads against lottery teams. Moreover, they happen when he's consistently hitting banal ongoing quarter buzzer beaters. Even moreso if he has useful teammates that excel in setting screens.