Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Default Re: Michael Jordan ran a 4.3 40 yard dash, and had a 48" vertical!

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Either Donald Washington isn't human, or the recorded 45 inch vert is completely flawed since no human can jump that high.

Either that or he has the highest vertical EVER and nobody can come close.
    Where did I say 45 was impossible.

You just seem to think Jordan was incredible at everything in life. I said 48 inches is probably the highest we've actually ever seen anyone jump.

There is yet one picture to show Jordan's head over the ring. Even the foul line dunk is taken from an angle which skews it and makes Jordan look higher then he is.

Like I said Jordan most likely could graze the top of his head on the ring, which would put him in the 41-43 inch range. 48. No.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Did Jordan actually record that 45 inch jump or is that based on the TV show that measured .92 seconds of flight time?
    Nope, study done by UNC's advanced motion analysis class in 1983. Dr. Barney Leveau, the same B Leveau whose name appears at the top of the study, was an associate professor in the Division of Physical Therapy, Chapel Hill. The original link of the study I posted won't open for me (an archived bio med journal)anymore but you can try:

http://isb.ri.ccf.org/biomch-l/archi...-05/00022.html

If that doesn't work and you're still not convinced, other studies/abstracts done by Dr. Leveau (he actually exists, not a camera trick or an illusion):

http://www.ptjournal.org/cgi/content...act/64/12/1812

http://www.ptjournal.org/cgi/content/abstract/65/4/474

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Where did I say 45 was impossible.

You just seem to think Jordan was incredible at everything in life. I said 48 inches is probably the highest we've actually ever seen anyone jump.
    Yes..... that's exactly it.

I believe MJ is the resurrection of GOD himself, a divine entity that has risen to bring us all joy!!!!

So what you're basically saying is.....

You don't believe any of the evidence that states MJ jumped either 45 or 48.
    You don't believe that one of the best leapers in NBA history, can jump higher than 42 inches even tho he could take off from the ft line with ease and consistency, which I'm assuming according to you, is easier than doing a behind the back dunk.
    YOu don't believe that a human can have an increase of performance do to adrenaline.
    You don't believe that a human can look at the rim or into a rim, even tho there's been people that have done so.

You provide no credible evidence other than your own personal belief, but you mock us.

Good job junior.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Nope, study done by UNC's advanced motion analysis class in 1983. Dr. Barney Leveau, the same B Leveau whose name appears at the top of the study, was an associate professor in the Division of Physical Therapy, Chapel Hill. The original link of the study I posted won't open for me (an archived bio med journal)anymore but you can try:

http://isb.ri.ccf.org/biomch-l/archi...-05/00022.html

If that doesn't work and you're still not convinced, other studies/abstracts done by Dr. Leveau (he actually exists, not a camera trick or an illusion):

http://www.ptjournal.org/cgi/content...act/64/12/1812

http://www.ptjournal.org/cgi/content/abstract/65/4/474
    Right. So just asking once again, he didn't record that himself?

There is yet one picture to show Jordan's head over the ring. Even the foul line dunk is taken from an angle which skews it and makes Jordan look higher then he is.

Like I said Jordan most likely could graze the top of his head on the ring, which would put him in the 41-43 inch range. 48. No.
    Dude... honestly... Jordan's head grazing the rim was NOTHING!

Now... not to say that he's the only one, but at least for him, that happened on a constant basis, even while taking off from the dotted line.

Banned

Right. So just asking once again, he didn't record that himself?
    Who, Jordan? No, it's all in the study, if you'd just read it. So yeah, we know for certain that as a sophomore or Junior in college (probably ages 19-20) Michael Jordan had a recorded maximum vertical of 45.7". Unless you can find evidence to the contrary, your claim that his vert was 41" is unfounded and just a guess on your part. Thanks for playing though.

What evidence?

You have yet to show me a dunk where Jordan is above the ring. Show me one. Or all of them that you have for that matter.

I have said I have seen two legitimate looking into the ring players. James White and Golden Child.

Have you seen the video of James White getting eye level to the ring?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dLGMTp_1Nk

That is without the ball, jumping the highest he possibly could and he has a 46 inch jump. Jordan could never get that high. Furthermore, White is only 1 inch taller then Jordan. So are you telling me Jordan could get two inches higher? Are you telling me Jordan could touch the top of the backboard?

I am not saying 48 is impossible. Though Jordan didn't have a 48 inch jump. That is fact.

Who, Jordan? No, it's all in the study, if you'd just read it. So yeah, we know for certain that as a sophomore or Junior in college (probably ages 19-20) Michael Jordan had a recorded maximum vertical of 45.7". Unless you can find evidence to the contrary, your claim that his vert was 41" is unfounded and just a guess on your part. Thanks for playing though.
    You haven't proved anything. You have simply used some formulas and motion analysis which will never be as accurate as actually measuring the jump and Jordan actually doing it.

Answer me. Do you think Jordan could get higher then White? Especially in that video. That is all the proof I need.

First of all, he is a better free throw line dunker. More variations, and could jump further out. Now he has recorded a 46 inch jump. His max. Only an inch shorter. I have never seen Jordan get that high.

So you are telling me, he actually could get higher then what many people are calling one of the best dunkers ever in James White. Seeing as James White was only two inches off touching the top of the backboard, I'm guessing Jordan could also do that then.

Though Jordan didn't have a 48 inch jump. That is fact.
    Why don't YOU Prove it!

Here at 10 seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3K0...eature=channel

Happy

Why don't YOU Prove it!

Here at 10 seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3K0...eature=channel

Happy
    WTF. He is no where near the rim there. Look at the damn still picture for proof. They are obviously taking over 20 motion shots in that second he is up there, and they are going to find the highest one. Yet he was not rim level.

AND WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT? I have showed you videos of higher jumpers then Jordan getting EYE LEVEL AT BEST. Like I said James White has a 46 inch vert, taking off 4 inches would put Jordan just a little above the ring or grazing the rim at his highest point. How is this not proof. Show me a dunk of Jordans at rim level.

I have shown you James White going all out WITHOUT THE BALL getting EYE LEVEL. Are you telling me Jordan could do better with a ball in hand? DO YOU HONESLTY BELIEVE THAT?

What other proof would you like? Why am I the one having to prove myself when you are yet to show me a legitimate head at rim dunk. I do believe Jordan could do this when all the muscles were pumping and he was fired up, though this would be his peak. 41-43 inches. Though you not being able to show me one goes to show how rare it was Jordan got up that high; or any player for that matter when dunking, so its hard to believe he had a 48 inch vertical, especially when he has never recorded such.

I really don't think you can argue the point that James White is a higher jumper and he only recorded a 46 inch jump. Are you saying Jordan can get higher?

Answer all the questions and you might convince me otherwise.

Banned

You haven't proved anything. You have simply used some formulas and motion analysis which will never be as accurate as actually measuring the jump and Jordan actually doing it.

Answer me. Do you think Jordan could get higher then White? Especially in that video. That is all the proof I need.

First of all, he is a better free throw line dunker. More variations, and could jump further out. Now he has recorded a 46 inch jump. His max. Only an inch shorter. I have never seen Jordan get that high.

So you are telling me, he actually could get higher then what many people are calling one of the best dunkers ever in James White. Seeing as James White was only two inches off touching the top of the backboard, I'm guessing Jordan could also do that then.

First of all, James White isn't dunking in that video, so he has the advantage of not having a ball in his hands and running for the jump. He's a sick dunker, no question about that, but considering he has a greater reach and is taller than Jordan... eh, fcuk it I'll play your game.

Jordan DUNKING, head at rim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la5GJ...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuVcNsuG-vo

Had to duck in mid air so his head wouldn't hit the rim, and could've finished with his arm up to the elbow in the basket:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdS-q...eature=related

Posted this already, but his elbow is clearly well above the rim and if his head weren't being pushed down and back (and not to mention if Ewing wasn't there), his eyes would be staring at the very least AT the rim, with the ball in his hand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmxJvWW5Ksw

And again, the free throw dunks, at 2:13 it's a straight shot at the rim from behind, no tricky angles and Jordan's head is clearly level with the rim... the other angles confirm, but this is indisputable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mn1KSpLGsY

So good for James White that he can, as a taller man with longer arms not touching a basketball, get that high. There is absolutely no question that Jordan could do that, but he normally did better in landing dunks.

WTF. He is no where near the rim there. Look at the damn still picture for proof. They are obviously taking over 20 motion shots in that second he is up there, and they are going to find the highest one. Yet he was not rim level.

AND WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT? I have showed you videos of higher jumpers then Jordan getting EYE LEVEL AT BEST. Like I said James White has a 46 inch vert, taking off 4 inches would put Jordan just a little above the ring or grazing the rim at his highest point. How is this not proof. Show me a dunk of Jordans at rim level.

I have shown you James White going all out WITHOUT THE BALL getting EYE LEVEL. Are you telling me Jordan could do better with a ball in hand? DO YOU HONESLTY BELIEVE THAT?

What other proof would you like? Why am I the one having to prove myself when you are yet to show me a legitimate head at rim dunk. I do believe Jordan could do this when all the muscles were pumping and he was fired up, though this would be his peak. 41-43 inches. Though you not being able to show me one goes to show how rare it was Jordan got up that high; or any player for that matter when dunking, so its hard to believe he had a 48 inch vertical, especially when he has never recorded such.

I really don't think you can argue the point that James White is a higher jumper and he only recorded a 46 inch jump. Are you saying Jordan can get higher?

Answer all the questions and you might convince me otherwise.
    LOL

If you seriously don't think Mj was eye level at the rim in that link I posted around the 10-12 second mark, then you're completely blind.

And what does James White have to do with any of this?

"I" never argued that Mj could jump higher than James.

When I asked you to prove something, I meant you prove to me, that MJ didn't have a 48 inch vertical.

And again...... even if he had a 45 tops, I gave examples of circumstances in which a human can have an increase of performance due to their adrenaline.

So if MJ could consistently be head to rim level, why can't he at least once or twice in his life have a burst of adrenaline that gave him that extra burst and be eye to rim level like i posted in those links and pics?

We're talking about a top 5 NBA leaper of all time not some damn scrub or an above avg leaper.

Either way, I'm through debating with somebody that thinks Mj's top vert is only 41.

First of all, James White isn't dunking in that video, so he has the advantage of not having a ball in his hands and running for the jump. He's a sick dunker, no question about that, but considering he has a greater reach and is taller than Jordan... eh, fcuk it I'll play your game.

Jordan DUNKING, head at rim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la5GJ...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuVcNsuG-vo

Had to duck in mid air so his head wouldn't hit the rim, and could've finished with his arm up to the elbow in the basket:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdS-q...eature=related

Posted this already, but his elbow is clearly well above the rim and if his head weren't being pushed down and back (and not to mention if Ewing wasn't there), his eyes would be staring at the very least AT the rim, with the ball in his hand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmxJvWW5Ksw

And again, the free throw dunks, at 2:13 it's a straight shot at the rim from behind, no tricky angles and Jordan's head is clearly level with the rim... the other angles confirm, but this is indisputable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mn1KSpLGsY

So good for James White that he can, as a taller man with longer arms not touching a basketball, get that high. There is absolutely no question that Jordan could do that, but he normally did better in landing dunks.
    Having longer arms? His standing reach is an inch shorther then Jordans.

I'm talking about him getting his eyes to the rim with a run up without the ball. Are you saying Jordan could do this?

That is honestly all the proof needed right there.

LOL

If you seriously don't think Mj was eye level at the rim in that link I posted around the 10-12 second mark, then you're completely blind.

And what does James White have to do with any of this?

"I" never argued that Mj could jump higher than James.

When I asked you to prove something, I meant you prove to me, that MJ didn't have a 48 inch vertical.

And again...... even if he had a 45 tops, I gave examples of circumstances in which a human can have an increase of performance due to their adrenaline.

So if MJ could consistently be head to rim level, why can't he at least once or twice in his life have a burst of adrenaline that gave him that extra burst and be eye to rim level like i posted in those links and pics?

We're talking about a top 5 NBA leaper of all time not some damn scrub or an above avg leaper.

Either way, I'm through debating with somebody that thinks Mj's top vert is only 41.
    James White has a lot to do with this.

You by agreeing with Blitz, are saying that Jordan could jump higher then White. White has a 46 inch jump and can easlily get the FT line dunk legitimately. There is a video of him doing a windmill 3 inches behind the line. BEHIND THE LINE. Something Jordan has never done.

Now he also has a shorter reach then Jordan. So are you actually trying to debate that Jordan can jump higher then someone with a 46 inch jump, who can dunk better then him from the free throw line and has a shorter reach.

You can't argue facts. Sorry.