Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16232425262728 LastLast
    National High School Star allball's Avatar

Default Re: Michael Jordan ran a 4.3 40 yard dash, and had a 48" vertical!

hmm. hard to imagine Jordan had 4.3 speed. great athlete but I don't see him running a 4.3.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    I don't even know how it became accepted that Jordan is even the best SG athlete. Drexler is stronger, faster, a better leaper and debatable on who is quicker in the half court. Jordan was just a better ball handler (so his movements appear a lot smoother) and better at changing direction or stopping on a dime, and probably better conditioned too. Seriously, there are some bursts of speed that I've seen Drexler have that Jordan has never even approached. Drexler was racing competitively with Carl Lewis (allegedly beat him too) during his university days...he was that quick/fast.
    Are you freaking kdding me? Drexler is not faster, quicker, more explosive (acceleration), and is only a comparable (not better) leaper off one foot. Jordan was far better off two feet and off hop steps - he was just a much more versatile leaper. Let's not even talk about body control, where Jordan sh%ts on him. Your post is a joke.

LMAO @ bursts of speed that Jordan has never even approached." I defy you to produce even a single clip of Drex getting from point A to point B in a halfcourt setting faster than Jordan. Double lol @ Drex beating Carl Lewis in a race.

Local High School Star CB4GOATPF's Avatar

I don't even know how it became accepted that Jordan is even the best SG athlete. Drexler is stronger, faster, a better leaper and debatable on who is quicker in the half court. Jordan was just a better ball handler (so his movements appear a lot smoother) and better at changing direction or stopping on a dime, and probably better conditioned too. Seriously, there are some bursts of speed that I've seen Drexler have that Jordan has never even approached. Drexler was racing competitively with Carl Lewis (allegedly beat him too) during his university days...he was that quick/fast.
    Drexler was not Quicker (1st step is not even close)...As Fast and Potent On the Open Floor Debateable. Maybe not Faster

Stronger? Debateable...

According to Barkley Jordan`s All Around Body Strength Was the Strongest for a Guard Ever, same with Magic who said the same thing.

Drexler might have had Stronger Arms or Upper Body Strength.

Agility? Jordan was more Agil than Drexler

Jordan had more Hang Time than Drexler could stay in the Air Longer Amount of Time especially for a 1st step.

Gilding? Drexler might have been a Better Glider no doubt...same was in the case between Dr J and Thompson. Thomspon was the Better Leaper, Dr J the Better Glider

Jordan also had superior of two Leg Jump than Drexler

Potence? debateable...I`go with Drexler as more potent on the open floor.

Jordan was the Better Athleate "overall"

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz
    Kadour Xiani has a 60 inch vertical, I guess at 5'9" where does that put Xiani's head? Randy Moss has a 51 inch vertical. I posted the links for proof. These are verticals recorded without the ball. Jordan legitimately had a 48" vertical. I saw him run a 4.3 live on TV, he had a 48" vertical which he displayed live on TV, and he also threw a football over 60 yards.

owwwww

MJ is NOT quicker than Drexler in the open court. He is NOT quicker than him in terms of acceleration/explosiveness. And yes, Drexler did run 40 yard dashes with Carl Lewis. Only reason Jordan being quicker/faster has become accepted is because there are hundreds of Jordan game compilations on youtube while only a handful for Drexler (usually with his Rocket days too, though he did retain a lot of his phenomenal speed/quickness). With the ball it becomes debatable because Drexler wasn't as great a ball handler but just raw speed/explosiveness? It's Clyde. If you want to compare them going against the same defenders in a playoff series, watch Drexler in the 1992 series with Majerle guarding him and Jordan in the 1993 series against him. After watching it let me know who you think is more explosive (both got by him with ease). I know that wasn't exactly MJ's "speed prime" (that would probably be '88-'91ish) but it wasn't Drexler's either. It's absurd and a fcking joke that Jordan fans think this is a no contest. I'll look through some Clyde games I have in the next couple of weeks or so and try to put together some clips.
    Last edited by Fatal9; 10-07-2009 at 03:49 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

MJ is NOT quicker than Drexler in the open court.
    He is, but this is the only area where it's debatable, so I'll give you a pass.

He is NOT quicker than him in terms of acceleration/explosiveness.
    This is an utter joke. Jordan's first step, change of pace, and general acceleration from a standstill crap on Drexler.

And yes, Drexler did run 40 yard dashes with Carl Lewis. Only reason Jordan being quicker/faster has become accepted is because there are hundreds of Jordan game compilations on youtube while only a handful for Drexler
    My ass. I've seen tons of Drexler, both on TV and youtube, and his explosiveness in terms of speed isn't in Jordan's class.

It's absurd and a fcking joke that Jordan fans think this is a no contest. I'll look through some Clyde games I have in the next couple of weeks or so and try to put together some clips.
    Please do. I'll put up some clips tonight or tomorrow so people can judge for themselves. Jordan's point A to point B speed in the halfcourt, with or without the ball, is unmatched by any player above 6'4" in history. Ditto for his first step.

The notion that Clyde was better than MJ as an overall athlete is a joke. Again, Drexler is only COMPARABLE (not better, comparable) in two areas: end to end speed and one-footed leaping. And even if he's MARGINALLY better in these two areas, it doesn't make up for Jordan's large edges in two-footed leaping, hop step leaping (and leaping versatility in general), quickness/agility (i.e., lateral movement), explosiveness (first step, change of pace etc.), and body control. It's not even a contest, really. If you asked 100 ball players whose total physical package they'd rather have, at least 95 would take Jordan.

This is clear to everyone except you, unsurprisingly.

owwwww

Keep in mind that Drexler was 10-15 (maybe even 20 perhaps?!) pounds heavier than Jordan (in his quickness prime) too, which makes his speed/quickness in comparison even more impressive.

And you have this weird idea that Jordan was a far superior leaper off two feet. No clue how you are determining that? Drexler could go from a dead stop, to one dribble, jump off two feet and STILL explode as if he was coming in for a trailer slam (have a couple of clips in mind for this). Incredible leaper off both one OR two feet. You seem to be assigning Lebron's characteristics to Clyde for some reason. Off hop steps, Jordan was nuts, but it's not really something we can compare as Drexler rarely used it.
    Last edited by Fatal9; 10-07-2009 at 04:10 PM.

I rule the local playground

Serge Ibaka has a 46" vertical from what I hear

Keep in mind that Drexler was 10-15 (maybe even 20 perhaps?!) pounds heavier than Jordan (in his quickness prime) too, which makes his speed/quickness in comparison even more impressive.

And you have this weird idea that Jordan was a far superior leaper off two feet. No clue how you are determining that? Drexler could go from a dead stop, to one dribble, jump off two feet and STILL explode as if he was coming in for a trailer slam (have a couple of clips in mind for this). Incredible leaper off both one OR two feet. You seem to be assigning Lebron's characteristics to Clyde for some reason. Off hop steps, Jordan was nuts, but it's not really something we can compare as Drexler rarely used it.
    I'm interested in those clips ya got there, Fatal9.

When are you planning on premiering them to the unsuspecting MJ-mind-f*cked-world-as-we-know-it human civilization, cowboy?

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Why do people even respond to Fatal9?

His post are aganda driven and Jordan hate filled.

Show me Drexler doing anything like #1 on this video and we can say he was comparable to Jordan as far as agility, explosiveness, and body control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WmNHGA5jh8
    Last edited by Glide2keva; 10-07-2009 at 06:27 PM.

owwwww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln1Qt7oYAGk

Had these highlights saved on my computer so decided to upload them. Keep in mind he's not even in his prime quickness/speed wise here and this is just a random game I had. Dude blew past anyone guarding him this series (had the best series of his career here). Consider also that Clyde has longer strides than MJ too so I'd assume he needs to take about half a stride (or more) less than MJ if accelerating from the 3 pt line. So Jordan's legs might move slightly faster but it's not making him any quicker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-XXmM0qLXk << incredible open court speed at 3:10 from someone who can't even dribble with his head up.
    Last edited by Fatal9; 10-07-2009 at 11:09 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    not only they are annoying, they are constantly trying to convince us he was something out of this world atheltically wise - when in reality there has been PLENTY of stronger and faster players, just not so good game wise. I've seen plenty of his matches in his prime and he was not faster nor more athletic than current Lebron
    maybe stronger is a debatable, but i guess you didn't see 1987-90 Mj speed.

Very good NBA starter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln1Qt7oYAGk

Had these highlights saved on my computer so decided to upload them. Keep in mind he's not even in his prime quickness/speed wise here and this is just a random game I had. Dude blew past anyone guarding him this series (had the best series of his career here). Consider also that Clyde has longer strides than MJ too so I'd assume he needs to take about half a stride (or more) less than MJ if accelerating from the 3 pt line. So Jordan's legs might move slightly faster but it's not making him any quicker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-XXmM0qLXk << incredible open court speed at 3:10 from someone who can't even dribble with his head up.
    faktal let me own your dumbass again.
    MJ end to end speed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVrfZaS8Fb0 go to 1:18. Just look how fast he is and he is going side to side too.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Really Fatal?

Are we supposed to be impressed by that?

I agree, Drexler was an exceptional athlete and like Oldschool mentioned 'comparable' in some areas, but MJ was just as fast as he was in the late 90s!

I do think that Drexler might've been a better leaper in his older age, but never a better athlete.

Even if we give the slight edge leaping wise to Drexler, he doesn't have the body control, agility, or reflexes that MJ did.

They call him 'Black Cat' for a reason Fatal.

MJ's overall athleticism is unmatched.

There might be players that were stronger.
    There might be players that could jump higher.
    There might be players that were faster.
    There might be players that could jump as far.

But NONE were all of that plus agile like he was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vo0y...e=channel_page

Watch Drexler at 48 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cQrm...eature=related

33 year old Drexler huge putback dunk at 1:08 and bullying Jordan in the post at 2:25.