Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jordan ran a 4.3 40 yard dash, and had a 48" vertical!

blitzsportsnetwork.com bruceblitz's Avatar

Default Re: Michael Jordan ran a 4.3 40 yard dash, and had a 48" vertical!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz

Jordan getting his head well above rim-level on long distance free throw line, distance and height.

Notice Jordan's head over rim height even on "the shot".

Sorry you exposed yourself as a failure as a basketball fan. The "court level" views of the old school game weren't as prevalent as they are now. Jordan getting his head at rim height and higher would be most prominent in the 80's.

Thanks for playing!

I love those pictures
    Last edited by bruceblitz; 03-06-2009 at 09:52 AM.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Didn't anybody see the posts that I made a while back, that proved MJ's head above the rim? or at rim level while still ascending?

I posted video and pics to highlight this.

EDIT: they were on the "serious question about Kobe's jumping ability" or something like that.

For some reason I can't even look up my own posts, or search the board so if somebody can post the info for me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

5-time NBA All-Star eliteballer's Avatar

Ya, we saw your crap and debunked it andgar. That alley-oop against Milwaukee that has the angle where you cant tell anything.

Very good NBA starter

it's like watching retards fight.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Ya, we saw your crap and debunked it andgar. That alley-oop against Milwaukee that has the angle where you cant tell anything.
    No

It was actually Kobe stans trying to debunk.

Sure I and others debated over whether or not Kobe could dunk from the ft line, but they didn't disagree in regards to MJ's vertical.

But of course.... Kobe stans did.

I've said it time and time again.... I'll give Kobe his props if one can show me footage of him really skying, but he's just an above avg jumper. There's no evidence that suggests otherwise.

And as I've said many a time, Kobe ******gers are the biggest pieces of shyt in the world.

Kobe stans = Nazi SS pedophiles............... or maybe slightly worse.

Banned

Those are over exaggerated by a lot...

Especially the 40 yard dash time...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gibbo3000
    But we're talking about standing below the rim and jumping straight up in the air and geting your head 6 inches above the rim
    Oh, never mind then. I thought we were talking about running.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Though there is numerous evidence, what do they do?

They doubt the facts. Always making excuses for everything. Since Jordan was from the '80s how could he have been faster than people these days?

If people would've known, the extremely athletic basketball players were built like track stars. And yes, Jordan was indeed that fast. They didn't call him Black Cat for no reason.

Lord High Executioner

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    How did I know you'd make your twice monthly post in this thread.

That famous dunk contest dunk where he reverses it, he takes off and is gliding for quite some time, and on the descent still has to duck his head as he comes under the basket.
    One of the most underrated dunks ever- grace, power, hang time all personified in one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bPHIP8Td04

And it's hard for people who never saw Jordan play to believe everything that's said about him, they think it's all fluff and urban legend and can't believe that someone could actually be as great as MJ was because the best they've personally witnessed is a cheap imitation like Kobe. But He was that great. There's a reason he's as revered as he is and why they're still looking for the 'next Michael Jordan'. BTW, these sites confirms that, at worst, Jordan had a 44" vertical:

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/...tical-jump.htm

http://www.listafterlist.com/tabid/5...A+History.aspx

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lodi Dodi
    Though there is numerous evidence, what do they do?

They doubt the facts. Always making excuses for everything. Since Jordan was from the '80s how could he have been faster than people these days?

If people would've known, the extremely athletic basketball players were built like track stars. And yes, Jordan was indeed that fast. They didn't call him Black Cat for no reason.
    I don't care when he was born.

He was not faster than top gun NFL corners and he did not have a higher vert than Vince Carter.

I watched him for several years, just no way...

The only athletes that come close are players like Randy Moss and Deion Sanders. MJ and these players are/were totally athletic freaks.

And like posted before, that vert doesn't mean he could do it with a basketball. I'm sure Vince could get higher without a ball.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    One of the most underrated dunks ever- grace, power, hang time all personified in one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bPHIP8Td04
    That's an awesome dunk, but not the one I was referring to. I meant his cradle reverse from the right side of the basket to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodi Dodi
    And yes, Jordan was indeed that fast. They didn't call him Black Cat for no reason.
    I always wished that nickname stuck more. A lot of people know about that opposing players used to call him that, but imo it's the most perfectly fitting nickname for him, even more so than "Air." Dude was just liquid sped and explosiveness.

Saw a basketball once

Nice collage. Too bad the understanding of perspective eludes you.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    That's an awesome dunk, but not the one I was referring to. I meant his cradle reverse from the right side of the basket to the left.

I always wished that nickname stuck more. A lot of people know about that opposing players used to call him that, but imo it's the most perfectly fitting nickname for him, even more so than "Air." Dude was just liquid sped and explosiveness.
    I've always mentioned that he was a 6'6 version of Iverson in regards to his speed.

During the Space Jam filming sessions MJ was playing against local college, NBA and respected playground players from the L.A. area. One of them happened to be a college player that was on the team at my college. This dude was a very skinny 6'4 player with good speed. He told me that MJ was so good because he was extremely fast. Everything he did was at full speed and he was as fast if not faster than players 6 feet tall.

And when one looks at the vids, you can see how easily he gets up and down the court and how quickly he blows by defenders.

So even if we want to believe that he didn't run a 4.3 in the 40 yard dash, he was still alot faster than almost any NBA player above 6 ft.