Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Draft

Default Re: 2009 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Exactly.

It seems like both guys we are targeting hope they arent picked by Memphis and instead go to OKC.

We really got screwed in this draft, I like the value of pick we can get but neither really wants to come to Memphis.

If we were at #7 or #8 we'd be in the perfect situation.
    What are you talking about?! I think your losing your steam buddy. Were in a great situation. No matter what the griz are gonna get a great player this thursday. By either trade or through a pick. No matter what the griz will be a much better team after thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Yup, I've said this before. We usually don't get much luck in these drafts, when it comes to the lottery. The year we do get some luck, we're rewarded with a poor draft class and players who don't even want to play here. Either way, we get f*cked.

If we got the 2nd pick last year or the year before or next year, I'd be happy, not so much this year.

If we're in the top 10 next year, which I think we will be, then we should be able to get a solid player then, considering it should be a solid draft class next year.
    Guys stop freaking out. You sound like you have given up before the draft has even started. Thursday is vey close. The grizz are gonna pull some moves were gonna get some players here.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    Guys stop freaking out. You sound like you have given up before the draft has even started. Thursday is vey close. The grizz are gonna pull some moves were gonna get some players here.
    I just can't help but worry. No matter what happens a lot of people are going to be unhappy with how our drafting goes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    I just can't help but worry. No matter what happens a lot of people are going to be unhappy with how our drafting goes.
    Its funny, because I was just talking to another guy on a different board about how this draft could be very interesting for the Grizzlies, and possibly very sad.

I really hope the Grizzlies organization can pull off some great moves and we can get a great player with our young core.

And I do hope they trade Rudy Gay, but I know brandonislegend is a fan, so I wont hate on Gay

I don't get picked last at the park anymore BigSims2108's Avatar

Ok guys. This is getting serious. Now Mr. Thabust is saying he doesn't want to come here. Who do these players think they are?! I mean, I hear that Rubio and Thabeet were both talking to OKC. And they JUST got to Oklahoma City. Apparently, Chad Fraud has been spreading more nonsense on ESPN.com.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    You must not have been through this as many years as me & Kebab have.

I remember yelling at the TV when we drafted Stromile Swift at #2 over Darius Miles, to this day that still disturbs me.

We drafted a PF when we already had 2 who were starting for us, I remember back when where we had at some times 4 big men on the court because we lacked guards and they wouldnt let Felipe play although it made sense that he played.

I remember in 01' when we traded SAR for Pau Gasol who at the time I had not much a clue about, that really really ****ed me up for awhile because SAR was all I knew of in terms of a star player for the Grizzlies.

I remember the anger of us passing on Wagner, at the time actually probably to this day Wagner is one of my All Time favorite basketball players and was clearly a more pressing need in the backcourt than adding another PF.

I fell asleep during the 2003 NBA Draft so I cant remember how I actually felt.

The Draft is NEVER a good thing for long time Grizzlies fans, we've done perfect the last 3 drafts grabbing Gay, Conley, and Mayo but I still remember the old days.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigSims2108
    Ok guys. This is getting serious. Now Mr. Thabust is saying he doesn't want to come here. Who do these players think they are?! I mean, I hear that Rubio and Thabeet were both talking to OKC. And they JUST got to Oklahoma City. Apparently, Chad Fraud has been spreading more nonsense on ESPN.com.

Yeah both are talking to OKC according to Ford, OKC traveled out to LA to meet with Rubio.

Rubio also is warming up to the idea of playing in Minnesota, I know its not right to judge but how the **** is Minneapolis a better market than Memphis?

What did we do to Rubio to make him single us out out of every other team as claiming hed never play for us?

Banned

I remember hearing the news we had traded Bibby for Jason Williams.

No knock against Williams, but years ago I believed the hype like everyone else that Bibby was the Next Great NBA PG.

The same hype you see a guy like Rose getting now, was the same hype Bibby received back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Yeah both are talking to OKC according to Ford, OKC traveled out to LA to meet with Rubio.

Rubio also is warming up to the idea of playing in Minnesota, I know its not right to judge but how the **** is Minneapolis a better market than Memphis?

What did we do to Rubio to make him single us out out of every other team as claiming hed never play for us?
    I think the better question is, what have we done to Ford to report all this nonsense about the griz?

I am Chris Wilcox

I think the better question is, what have we done to Ford to report all this nonsense about the griz?
    I didn't really pay much attention to Ford before this draft (I mainly stay away from ESPN altogether), but after reading just a few of his articles, it's clear as day that he straight up hates this team.

The guy is lying and making up sh!t as he goes along just to get people to read. I even read something earlier where he said that Thabeet was making up the injury just so he didn't have to workout for Memphis, because even he doesn't want to play here.

Banned

+

+

=

That is why he and 28 other teams dislike Memphis.

I'm really excited for Thursday. If we play our cards well and draft Rubio and trade him to a team for good pieces then we just laugh at all these ****in primadonnas.

This gets me thinking, why doesn't the NBA fine these agents and players who act these way. Once you've applied for the draft, I think you'd have to comply with certain rules. And those rules include working out for teams.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    This gets me thinking, why doesn't the NBA fine these agents and players who act these way. Once you've applied for the draft, I think you'd have to comply with certain rules. And those rules include working out for teams.
    Thats because the NBA is a big show.

There are about 10,000 reasons why players want to go certain places and sometimes its not even their choice but its under the direction of the agents they pay to organize their finances and life along with the shoe companies who provide equally big checks to the player as a NBA team.

People realizes who held the most power in the NBA considering LeBron so far in his career has made more money from Nike than from Cleveland.

I saw this on the Grizzlies Forum.

Why would Sac be willing to give up Kevin Martin and not Jason Thompson? I think by Thursday they will be willing to jump okc to get to Rubio at #2 and give up Thompson to get it done.

Someone lied to THIS person if they actually heard that Kevin Martin was available.

Comeon guys just three more days. Just think happy thoughts