Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Draft

Default Re: 2009 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
    It's you who says a guy who hasn't played a single NBA game would be a better defender than a guy who has played some nice defense his rookie year, has played with professionals several years and has much upside if he receives the touches he needs; and you forget he is 6-7 in a great rookie promotion.

Sorry, but it's you who is thinking like a homer rigth now.
    How exactly am I thinking like a homer? Im am from memphis and watch Gasol play every game. Then I read about him and his improvements after each game. Hasheem play for UCONN and is originally from Africa. I hold no ties from either of those places. I have watched about 20 Uconn games this season. By watching both players over the season IMO I think Hasheem has more to offer defensively. Marc has a better offensive post game. But he is more of a power player and not as quick. He is also going on 23 and plays overseas for spain almost every offseason. Meaning his body will be more exhausted as the year goes on. Leading to less playing time and more injuries just like pau.

Hasheem looks like he could really turn into a poor mans Dikembe Mutumbo. A shot blocking monster on the glass. I would gladly take a chance on him if he is still on the board.

Arent you also from spain. Which is partly why I called you a homer.

I am Chris Wilcox

I'm all for getting Thabeet, if there is no one better to take, i.e. if Monroe is still available, we better pick him up.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    Arent you also from spain. Which is partly why I called you a homer.
    I was going to tell some points you made that aren't valid, but since you said that, I won't waste my time speaking with you anymore. I only like speaking with people who has an intellectual quotient above 70 (you know, smarter than a monkey).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    He's second in the nation in scoring right, because we can use another scorer coming off of the bench.
    I'm not exactly sure how efficient Lester is since he takes almost all of his teams shots.

The only problem with him is that he struggled so badly at PG in the predraft camps that it caused him to return this season.

I only have seen him play once and they used a lot of screens on the perimeter for him to shoot.

If he can become a Daniel Gibson-like spot shooter off the bench we'll be lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
    I was going to tell some points you made that aren't valid, but since you said that, I won't waste my time speaking with you anymore. I only like speaking with people who has an intellectual quotient above 70 (you know, smarter than a monkey).

I can only guess that your an immature teenager. So I think you need to grow up and learn to debate topics with other people with out resulting to insults or child like comments.

If youre not under the age of twenty. Then I feel really sad for the people around you in your day to day life that have to deal with your child like behavior at such a mature age.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    I'm not exactly sure how efficient Lester is since he takes almost all of his teams shots.

The only problem with him is that he struggled so badly at PG in the predraft camps that it caused him to return this season.

I only have seen him play once and they used a lot of screens on the perimeter for him to shoot.

If he can become a Daniel Gibson-like spot shooter off the bench we'll be lucky.
    I would rather try and Maynor or Lawson as our back up point guard. I dont really want a high volume scoring point guard from college. Maybe if conley was still playing poorly then I could understand going for a guard like that. But even then I would suggest going for Curry.

Banned

I would rather try and Maynor or Lawson as our back up point guard. I dont really want a high volume scoring point guard from college. Maybe if conley was still playing poorly then I could understand going for a guard like that. But even then I would suggest going for Curry.
    If Lawson's game translates to the NBA, I would rather have him over Mike Conley now.

Lawson's speed,quickness,and his ability to penetrate is unrivaled even at a NBA level.

The only player who gets up the court quicker than Lawson is CP3.

Saw a basketball once

I'm still very high on Jordan Hill. I think he has the tools to be a good pf. He's improved on alot things this season. Plus he carried Zona this year inte NCAA. I think he would add toughness to the frontcourt. Plus look Zona history of producing good NBA guys. Amare worked out with him this past offseason. Then go after some really good shooters. I want Dionte Christmas and Stephen Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by marqui78
    I'm still very high on Jordan Hill. I think he has the tools to be a good pf. He's improved on alot things this season. Plus he carried Zona this year inte NCAA. I think he would add toughness to the frontcourt. Plus look Zona history of producing good NBA guys. Amare worked out with him this past offseason. Then go after some really good shooters. I want Dionte Christmas and Stephen Curry.
    I like jordan hill and christmas. I would think that would be a solid draft getting those two players. Then if we were able to some how get lawson or terrence williams as well. Then that would a great step forward.

I am Chris Wilcox

Hill looks very skinny, he needs to bulk up a bit before he can continuously match up well with NBA caliber PF's.

I'd be happy with Hill, he'd sure as hell be an improvement over Arthur.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Hill looks very skinny, he needs to bulk up a bit before he can continuously match up well with NBA caliber PF's.

I'd be happy with Hill, he'd sure as hell be an improvement over Arthur.
    Yeah I kinda agree with that. But their have been alot of players that werent very big but were able to come in and be effective. Like chris bosh or kevin durant. Just two examples

Banned

Yeah I kinda agree with that. But their have been alot of players that werent very big but were able to come in and be effective. Like chris bosh or kevin durant. Just two examples
    Regarding Hill I'm not sure he would be a Bosh type in the NBA.

If anybody watched Arizona the past 2 seasons, Jordan Hill goes up hard for boards and outmuscles other big men although you wouldn't expect him to.

I wasnt saying hill's game was like bosh's. I was just saying that their bodies were alot alike coming out of college.

Banned

I wasnt saying hill's game was like bosh's. I was just saying that their bodies were alot alike coming out of college.

Hill has a bigger frame than Bosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator

Hill has a bigger frame than Bosh.
    Ya think so? I dont know bosh has a good frame he just didnt have that much muscle on him. Hill has more weight on him then bosh did out of school.

Dosent really matter either way. If hill is good then his game will be all that matters in the league.