Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Draft

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Default Re: 2009 Draft

We should have kept Shaun Livingston. He's playing well for OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    We should have kept Shaun Livingston. He's playing well for OKC.
    Him or steve francis. I dont think the griz anticipated trading lowry.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    Him or steve francis. I dont think the griz anticipated trading lowry.
    I think we anticipated moving either Lowry or Conley by the deadline.

Portland offered a solid package during the offseason of Outlaw,& either a player/pick for Conley.

I'm glad we made the move we made involving Lowry.

Saw a basketball once

YOUR 2009-2010 GRIZZLIES LINEUP

PG - Mike Conley, Jr./Stephen Curry/Mark Jaric
    SG - O.J. Mayo/Rodney Carney
    SF - Rudy Gay/Josh Childress
    PF -Paul Milsap/Hakim Warrick/DA
    C - Marc Gasol/Hasheem Thabeet/Haddadi

Now this is a playoff team lookout Portland. Childress and Carney would be our answer to Outlaw, and Rudy Fern.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by marqui78

Now this is a playoff team lookout Portland. Childress and Carney would be our answer to Outlaw, and Rudy Fern.
    That is absolute bull****.

Eat ****.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    That is absolute bull****.

Eat ****.
    You shouldn't talk to your mother that way

We're not getting both Curry and Thabeet. I expect Curry to be gone by our last pick of the first round. If we don't get Griffin, Monroe, Thabeet or Hill then I think we should just go after another guard.

Free agents I'd like us to go after include Jarret Jack, Paul Milsap, David Lee, Linas Klieza, Jamario Moon, Leon Powe, Von Wafer, Trevor Ariza and Channing Frye. I'm not sure if Hakim Warrick will be back. It all depends on what kind of deal he is looking for.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    We're not getting both Curry and Thabeet. I expect Curry to be gone by our last pick of the first round. If we don't get Griffin, Monroe, Thabeet or Hill then I think we should just go after another guard.

Free agents I'd like us to go after include Jarret Jack, Paul Milsap, David Lee, Linas Klieza, Jamario Moon, Leon Powe, Von Wafer, Trevor Ariza and Channing Frye. I'm not sure if Hakim Warrick will be back. It all depends on what kind of deal he is looking for.
    I think Curry will drop because of guys like Jennings, Lawson, Maynor, Flynn, and Teague. I know he kind of had a off year. Think he may slide just alittle. I would love to have Trevor Ariza but the Lakers will resign him.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

that is such a terrible team I dont even know where to start.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    that is such a terrible team I dont even know where to start.
    How about you explain why say that? Maybe you can convince because last time I checked. Amare, Lebron, Nash, Kobe, Wade, or Howard aren't coming to Memphis. Since you're such a great GM build us a team.

I wouldnt mind getting earl clark. Just not sure if he is a pf or a sf type. We definitely need a small forward to back up rudy. The draft lottery is next month. I will definitely be counting the days til its here. Knowing the grizz's spot in the draft order will be a good way to guage what the grizzles will do this off season.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    I wouldnt mind getting earl clark. Just not sure if he is a pf or a sf type. We definitely need a small forward to back up rudy. The draft lottery is next month. I will definitely be counting the days til its here. Knowing the grizz's spot in the draft order will be a good way to guage what the grizzles will do this off season.
    <-----Check the avy

Earl Clark is a fantastic player. Since Monroe is out of the draft this year, Clark is my number one choice, unless we get the number 1 pick, but that's not going to happen.

Clark is a SF, that could potentially play the PF in a couple of years, if he gained some muscle. Though in Memphis, he might get some burn at the PF straight away. He'd most likely backup Rudy and then play some 3rd string PF, behind Arthur and Hak (hopefully we get a solid starting PF through free agency or trades).

He's incredibly long. He looks like a legit 6'9, with very long arms. He can do a bit of everything. He can score (from pretty much anywhere), he can rebound and he can pass, plus all the other intangibles.

He's improved his stroke from long distance, he just needs to improve his shot selection a little bit, i.e. no forced shots. He doesn't have a go to scoring mentality. Although, he did show that he can just turn it on against Mississippi, earlier in the season, in which Clark had 10 of Louisville's first 12 points. He also had 17 points in the game's first 8 minutes. He definitly showed in that game, that he could basically do what he wanted, if he set his mind right. He shows a number of ways to score.

Highlights of that game here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCBTIzg2i2o

In the pros, I can see him being a solid bench player for years to come. I can see him averaging some thing along the lines of 8/6 in his first year. He's definitly got the tools to be a solid player in this league. I just hope he doesn't become lazy in the pros.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

How about you explain why say that? Maybe you can convince because last time I checked. Amare, Lebron, Nash, Kobe, Wade, or Howard aren't coming to Memphis. Since you're such a great GM build us a team.
    Well its impossible for us to get Curry and Thabeet, and thats just wasting away the talent of them on the bench.

Oh, and still having Gay and Mayo will take us nowhere. 1 of them will need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    <-----Check the avy

Earl Clark is a fantastic player. Since Monroe is out of the draft this year, Clark is my number one choice, unless we get the number 1 pick, but that's not going to happen.

Clark is a SF, that could potentially play the PF in a couple of years, if he gained some muscle. Though in Memphis, he might get some burn at the PF straight away. He'd most likely backup Rudy and then play some 3rd string PF, behind Arthur and Hak (hopefully we get a solid starting PF through free agency or trades).

He's incredibly long. He looks like a legit 6'9, with very long arms. He can do a bit of everything. He can score (from pretty much anywhere), he can rebound and he can pass, plus all the other intangibles.

He's improved his stroke from long distance, he just needs to improve his shot selection a little bit, i.e. no forced shots. He doesn't have a go to scoring mentality. Although, he did show that he can just turn it on against Mississippi, earlier in the season, in which Clark had 10 of Louisville's first 12 points. He also had 17 points in the game's first 8 minutes. He definitly showed in that game, that he could basically do what he wanted, if he set his mind right. He shows a number of ways to score.

Highlights of that game here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCBTIzg2i2o

In the pros, I can see him being a solid bench player for years to come. I can see him averaging some thing along the lines of 8/6 in his first year. He's definitly got the tools to be a solid player in this league. I just hope he doesn't become lazy in the pros.

Yeah I really like his game. He is being compared to guys like danny granger or boris diaw. Which I dont really think he ball handels as good as those guys. I look at him as more of a marvin williams type. I would be cool with him getting picked. It just all depends on the grizzlies pick in the draft.

I'm still convinced Rudy Gay can be a 4. He has some post game but it still needs work. I'd rather see him posting up guys using his quickness and athleticism than jacking up long jumpshots from the perimeter.