Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Draft

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Default Re: 2009 Draft

I personally think Mayo, Conley, Gay is a great trio for the future, see the last 10 games when they started clicking...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    I personally think Mayo, Conley, Gay is a great trio for the future, see the last 10 games when they started clicking...
    Meh, thats 10 games, and a lot of times players do well in the past couple games then never carry it over.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Meh, thats 10 games, and a lot of times players do well in the past couple games then never carry it over.
    its called a new coach, getting team chemistry

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    its called a new coach, getting team chemistry
    whatever makes you sleep at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    whatever makes you sleep at night.
    arent you a suns fan or something? i bet you have watched 1 FULL grizzlies game this whole year

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    We can easily pick up a half decent PG or SG, using either of our later draft picks or through trades. We don't need to pick one up with our early draft pick, where we can potentially get someone much more useful and talented.
    What does Earl Clark do that Hak doesn't?

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    Well, it's hard to compare. Hak has got 4 years of NBA basketball under his belt, whilst Clark has only got 3 years of college ball.

Anyway, Clark is a better passer and a better rebounder than Warrick currently is. Clark's game extends beyond the three point arc. Clark is the better ball handler. Neither have much of a post up game, but Clark has the better body and is stronger. He could possibly add some decent post moves, that he can use to take advantage of smaller players.

Overall, I'd rather have Clark than Warrick.

Warrik didnt have a jumper coming out of college. It has taken him four years in the pros to develop a shot that is now accrate up to 15'. Clark already has an outside game. Warrik has developed into an ok sixth man. But I dont think he can get much better than he is now. I wouldnt resign hakim unless we couldnt get another free agent big man here.

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    Yeah I really like his game. He is being compared to guys like danny granger or boris diaw. Which I dont really think he ball handels as good as those guys. I look at him as more of a marvin williams type. I would be cool with him getting picked. It just all depends on the grizzlies pick in the draft.
    NBADRAFT.NET compared him to Granger and Diaw. That site is the worst at comparing players. He plays nothing like either. He plays more like Tyrus Thomas. I would really love for us to get BJ Mullens. Mullens already has an NBA ready body and is pretty explosive. He has the potential to be something great.

They are slotted sixth in the draft, and also own Orlando's 27th pick in the first round and will have the 35th selection in the second round. But the Griz could also have $15 million to $20 million to spend in free agency, giving the franchise the most flexibility it's enjoyed since joining the league in 1995. In short, Memphis has more resources than ever to get better. Just add good judgment and stir. "We have a number of directions we can go in this offseason," Wallace said. Memphis Commercial Appeal

Wallace said the Griz would ideally return to training camp in the fall with "a competitive hothouse where the best man wins (every position)." He hasn't put an untouchable label on any player. "But obviously we've got some players that it will take some stronger deals to move than others," Wallace said, adding that he's more focused on improving the team's weak bench. "We've got to get more perimeter shooting," he said. "We've got to get better defensively. We've got to get more physicality and toughness and a few more veterans." Memphis Commercial Appeal
    Hopefully he spends some money this off-season.

Banned

Hopefully he spends some money this off-season.
    On who?

Watch him make a huge free agent splash by signing Jamal Crawford to a 5/$50 Million dollar deal.

Banned

NBADRAFT.NET compared him to Granger and Diaw. That site is the worst at comparing players. He plays nothing like either. He plays more like Tyrus Thomas. I would really love for us to get BJ Mullens. Mullens already has an NBA ready body and is pretty explosive. He has the potential to be something great.
    So does Marc.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore BigSims2108's Avatar

I'm going to get this thread going again! Who should we take with our other two picks? Or should we trade our picks?

I was just about to start posting again about our second first round pick.

I was thinking either Nick Clalathes. Here are some highlights.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73Z0U...om=PL&index=24

Or Wayne Ellington if he is available. more highlights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvFzG...19C04&index=22

Calathes is not explosive and dosent really do alot of electric plays. But he has alot of court savvy and a very high basketball iq. Not to mention he has a great jump shot.

Ellington has only got average size for his position. He is a little athletic but not very explosive. He does bring good exp and a good jum shot.

I would take either guy if they fall to the griz.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore BigSims2108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    I was just about to start posting again about our second first round pick.

I was thinking either Nick Clalathes. Here are some highlights.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73Z0U...om=PL&index=24

Or Wayne Ellington if he is available. more highlights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvFzG...19C04&index=22

Calathes is not explosive and dosent really do alot of electric plays. But he has alot of court savvy and a very high basketball iq. Not to mention he has a great jump shot.

Ellington has only got average size for his position. He is a little athletic but not very explosive. He does bring good exp and a good jum shot.

I would take either guy if they fall to the griz.
    Didn't Calathes leave for Greece? And I would like Ellington as well.