Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Favorite Dog Breed

That is a terrible photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by HisJoeness
    As long as they're not dogs that Paris Hilton and her type buy, I'm good.
    i'll definitely catch hate for this but f*ck it.

my favorite dogs:

toy poodles.

i got one as a gift about seven years ago. i was really pissed off when i got him. i obviously wanted a bigger, "manlier" dog but i quickly grew to love the lil bastard. he's insanely intelligent, has more heart and personality than any dog i've ever met, and very athletic. i used to take him outside and let him off his leash and the little f*ck would run for hours... and NOBODY but me could catch him. he's ridiculously quick and could jump really high when he wanted to. i remember one time he jumped from the floor to the kitchen table in a clean jump, straight off the vert. the dog was hilarious, i swear he knows how to make me laugh. he really has a personality unlike any dog i've ever met, and the best part? he doesn't shed. he has a ton of heart too, i remember a few times that he would stand up to other huge dogs. of course i wouldn't let it escalate cuz i didn't want him to get killed, but i always loved that about him. unfortunately my dad gave him away last summer. for my next dog i'm thinking of getting a greyhound.

woah after 7 years.........but why???

My Name Is My Name MarloStanfield's Avatar

sorry to hear that your old man gave him away. that's rough especially when you grow a bond with an animal. i don't normally like small dogs, but yours is cute.

Certified ISHiot.

@ hito, nothing wrong with small dogs dude.. my mom has had two shi-tzus (sp?) since i was about 12 years old, and i love them.. definetly my favorite dog breed.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

dude thats ****ty as hell he gave him away. i would be so ****ing mad. why did he give him away?

answer323
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

you can't really go wrong with lab mixes, or an australian shepherd

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete
    woah after 7 years.........but why???
    he's bi-polar, so it was a spur of the moment thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
    sorry to hear that your old man gave him away. that's rough especially when you grow a bond with an animal. i don't normally like small dogs, but yours is cute.
    that's not mine but he looked just like that one, a little bigger though. i'm still trying to find out who my dad gave him away to so i can try and see him one more time.
    Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    @ hito, nothing wrong with small dogs dude.. my mom has had two shi-tzus (sp?) since i was about 12 years old, and i love them.. definetly my favorite dog breed.
    yea i definitely have a preference for smaller dogs after owning one, but dogs in general are just great pets.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo

british/english bulldog

i would love to get one but i just cant deal with pickin up sh*t
    Exact same. If I'm getting a dog, it's gonna be a bull dog.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hito da god
    i'll definitely catch hate for this but f*ck it.

my favorite dogs:
    toy poodles.

i got one as a gift about seven years ago. i was really pissed off when i got him. i obviously wanted a bigger, "manlier" dog but i quickly grew to love the lil bastard. he's insanely intelligent, has more heart and personality than any dog i've ever met, and very athletic. i used to take him outside and let him off his leash and the little f*ck would run for hours... and NOBODY but me could catch him. he's ridiculously quick and could jump really high when he wanted to. i remember one time he jumped from the floor to the kitchen table in a clean jump, straight off the vert. the dog was hilarious, i swear he knows how to make me laugh. he really has a personality unlike any dog i've ever met, and the best part? he doesn't shed. he has a ton of heart too, i remember a few times that he would stand up to other huge dogs. of course i wouldn't let it escalate cuz i didn't want him to get killed, but i always loved that about him. unfortunately my dad gave him away last summer. for my next dog i'm thinking of getting a greyhound.
    I don't know a whole lot about toy poodles, but my aunt has always had standard poodles and they are really cool dogs (I assume the same goes for the smaller versions). A lot of people don't realize how athletic poodles are. They were actually bred to be retrievers and bird dogs.

I have two 100-pound weimaraners.

Here they are as puppies:

And from a couple of years ago...

As you can see, they are very attached to each other.

If there were a dog draft, weimaraners would be the most athletic, probably. Their top speed isn't quite as fast as a greyhound, but they have MUCH more endurance and can run incredibly fast for incredible amounts of time. As a matter of fact, sometimes when I take my dogs for runs and I am in an isolated area, I get in the car and they run alongside it. I've gotten it over 30 mph and they stick right with me... And we're talking about for miles.

I believe they were originally bred to hunt big game, but were later used as retrievers and bird dogs. They have absolutely great personalities, but you have to live in an area with sprawling land so that you can really run them. Taking them out for an occasional walk like you would do with a boxer or a bulldog simply will not work for weimers. They are too athletic and too energetic.

But, watching them run is a beautiful thing. I actually enjoy it. When they get in a wide open field, it is like watching a couple of Usain Bolts... Only faster and so agile... It's crazy.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 03-15-2009 at 04:10 AM.

either you get a pitbull

or you get a beagle

Quote Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
    I'm considering getting a Shiba Inu. I've seen a few of these lately and they are so cute and fox like. I hear great things from their owners.

My has an American Eskimo that's really cute too.
    Them at 8 weeks would be sooooooooooo cute.

/end gayness

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

My best friend has a weimaraner RBA, everything you said is exactly true as usual. His is around the same size it looks like, maybe a tad more bulk, bit darker coat. About three years old now I think but he was already at least a few months old when he got him so we aren't entirely sure. He had a son about a year ago and he and his wife were somewhat worried about them interacting because he's a pretty excitable dog, but he's been outstanding, he's such a protector of him. He only lets people he really knows and trusts play with the kid without him being within the immediate vicinity. Just in general he's not entirely accepting of strangers, but not in a bad way, just not immediately trusting. But he's known me just as long as his owner so he's all over me as soon as I walk in the door. I take him out running with me as well every so often and there's absolutle no tiring him. I'll be on my 3rd mile and he's still pulling as hard as possible on the leash to go faster and faster. He's the only one I've ever encountered but they do seem like a very good breed.

My current dog is a 160 lb Newfoundland. Best dog ever.

Decent college freshman

my dog