Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: I Just Noticed Something About The Super Hyped Career Of Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by purple8gold
    What is this, another Kobe-hating thread? LOL

Okay, Wade is better than Kobe. There you go, sweetie. Happy?
    it's the weekly meeting of kobe stans vs. haters.. soon to be a hit reality TV show...lol

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: I Just Noticed Something About The Super Hyped Career Of Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    82 games archives everything, you can pull up articles from years ago.. i looked i didn't see right off the bat but don't feel like looking through several years of artcles without a title
    since he quoted it he should be able to find it easy enough for us
    I didn't quote it, never did I claim it was a quote. I was just paraphrasing from what I remembered.

http://www.82games.com/pelton8.htm

Happy?

I've been known to stop by Kpah's youtube page and breakdown Kobe's defense. And lets just say I made some observations that most people missed, and they weren't flattering to Kobe.

I think it was vs the Grizzlies and in the first quarter alone, he committed many mistakes.

But don't worry..... I think Bron and Wade are overrated as well. But I think Wade is slightly better than Kobe (not by much), but this season he's really made an impression, and not due to his stats either. His IQ has increased tremendously and his effort has jumped significantly. He's playing better defense than Bryant ever has, and the stats to a degree are a reflection of that. Of course its not the tell all sign, but it helps to convince and separate him.

Bron gets beat all the time. Used to be a bad defender with good court awareness and athletic ability to be disruptive, but has now improved to a a decent defender with great court awareness.

Wade imo is better than both in every aspect except ball denial.... Kobe wins that hands down.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I didn't quote it, never did I claim it was a quote. I was just paraphrasing from what I remembered.

http://www.82games.com/pelton8.htm

Happy?

I've been known to stop by Kpah's youtube page and breakdown Kobe's defense. And lets just say I made some observations that most people missed, and they weren't flattering to Kobe.

I think it was vs the Grizzlies and in the first quarter alone, he committed many mistakes.

But don't worry..... I think Bron and Wade are overrated as well. But I think Wade is slightly better than Kobe (not by much), but this season he's really made an impression, and not due to his stats either. His IQ has increased tremendously and his effort has jumped significantly. He's playing better defense than Bryant ever has, and the stats to a degree are a reflection of that. Of course its not the tell all sign, but it helps to convince and separate him.

Bron gets beat all the time. Used to be a bad defender with good court awareness and athletic ability to be disruptive, but has now improved to a a decent defender with great court awareness.

Wade imo is better than both in every aspect except ball denial.... Kobe wins that hands down.
    lol i didn't ask for your life story just the link.... j/k
    thanks btw

edit: this is what i though you were talking about... this article (the authors opinons) is based on just one game, the very first game of the season 4 years ago... but yeah lets quote it as gospel, and use the first game of the season to judge everyone by from here on it...
    Last edited by gts; 03-24-2009 at 01:02 AM.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

lol i didn't ask for your life story just the link.... j/k
    thanks btw

edit: this is what i though you were talking about... this article (the authors opinons) is based on just one game, the very first game of the season 4 years ago... but yeah lets quote it as gospel, and use the first game of the season to judge everyone by from here on it...
    I didn't quote it as gospel, I used it as an "example" I even noted in my post that it wasn't the "tell all" sign, but just something to measure him by.

And its very consistent with almost every game he's ever played.

And remember his own coaching staff has called him out on his defense. His on/off stats don't support the notion that he's an All NBA Defense 1st team either.

Again.... are these stats the sole factor to determining his defense? NO

But its something that we can use to gauge him and compare him. And when you have his own coaching staff call him out and Phil pull him out in games, dontcha think that means something?

World Champion WOOOO~!

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    Disliking Kobe Bryant is not the main issue. Plenty of people dislike other players. What people hate more than Bryant himself are his obnoxious, illogical and downright creepy hero worshipping fanatics (note: I didn't put all of his fans in this category, but there are a lot that fit that bill and pollute message boards with the same "Kobe is GOAT cuz I said so" garbage) and the ridiculous hype he gets and how overrated he is (though he is obviously one of the top players in the game).

People disliking Kobe the person/player actually comes last for most people.
    lol what fanatics? There are hardly any of them left, yet the site still hates on Kobe at the level they did last year. Loki, showtime, tmacsrockets, you, PB, and plenty of others still crap on him at every chance. But, where’s Poseidon and the other Kobe groupies? To be honest, they’ve been in a hole somewhere since the finals.

It seems people like you are the ones keeping Kobe discussion strong on this board. Just look at this thread, it’s a bunch of haters wacking off about how much they “hate” Kobe Bryant. You only post in Kobe threads. It's hilarious.

Good High School Starter

[QUOTE=Tainted Sword]lol what fanatics? There are hardly any of them left, yet the site still hates on Kobe at the level they did last year. Loki, showtime, tmacsrockets, you, PB, and plenty of others still crap on him at every chance. But, where

Learning to shoot layups Terp in LA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    I've been mostly staying out of this one, but I have to correct you. Wade began his career playing PG and was the #3 option behind Lamar Odom and Caron Butler. Only in the playoffs did he become the team's #1 option. And his second year, he began as option 1b to Shaq's 1a; then later in the season he became more of the 1a to Shaq's 1b. It was only in his third season that he became a true #1 with Shaq being clearly just a #2.

For this reason, Wade's career stats look low compared to the level of production with which we associate him. Kobe, of course, had the same experience in the beginning of his career. Both of their careers serve as examples of why I don't like career averages as a measure of player comparison.
    True, makes sense.

Local High School Star John Smith's Avatar

the only thing that keeps the soft, crying ****** afloat is the millions of homers in lalaland. kobe can thank them for his career success (as well as SHAQ).

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by detroitdogg
    Are yall aware that Kobe has never had 1, thats right, the number 1, Kobe has never had 1 season in his 13 year career averaging more blocks, steals, assists, or FG% than Dwayne Wade HAS AVERAGED FOR HIS ****IN CAREER. That means that in 13 seasons, he has not once done what Dwayne Wade has done numerous times in his short career. How the **** can you be the best player in the world when another players career averages are better than any season you ever played, **** is amazing to me.

Lets not start the conversation of how in the **** people compared this dude to Mike, let alone the people that think he is better. Im asking to yall, does the media have that much control over the fans of the league that they have forced ****** into thinking Kobe is anything like MJ, let alone D Wade. I honestly think D Wade is a far superior player to Kobe, easily to me. Jordan is on a level neither of them will ever see, but im 100% sure that Wade can get closer to that all around level than Kobe ever has and ever will.

I aint hating on Kobe at all, just pointing out facts to yall posters. I dont dislike Kobe, but I hate how fans feel about dude, his career numbers are not amazing, never got a lot of steals, hardly ever blocks a shot, never an assist man, never shot over 46%, failed in the finals twice, locked down in the finals twice, ect. Do fans really want to compare this dude to Jordan, let alone say he is better than D Wade, IDK what the hell is going on.
    Excellent thread and post. This is a 5 star.

Oh sh*t, TmacsRockets has found this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    Oh sh*t, TmacsRockets has found this thread!
    I second that sentiment.

Local High School Star

link please
    I remember it as well.