Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    McCants is Available!!

Default Re: Stephen Curry video. Do you want him on your team with say....a top 10 pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Mo Williams is much quicker and more of a pure PG than Curry.

Curry is more of a bench player you bring in at the 2 and leave out on the perimeter and kick it out to him if hes left open.

He's going to need more space considering he has a set shot without a high release point for a 6'1 Guard.
    Mo isn't a pure point guard. He's a scoring guard.

Banned

Default Re: Stephen Curry video. Do you want him on your team with say....a top 10 pick?

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    8x all star
    Nice.

Seriously you're lame, I can understand trying to attack me in threads because you think I have no basketball knowledge but now its getting pathetic.

Same response from you, every thread, every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
    Mo has excelled at being both a "pure" and a scoring PG. He has also been an excellent player in multiple offensive philosophies.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Well, he's still young has a great jumpshot and is learning the point guard position. He'd be best suited for a team where he doesn't have to handle all the ball handling responsibilities and really got to play off-ball. Playing with LeBron, Wade, or the triangle offense would help his shine is best of character traits.

But at the next level, he'll benefit most that defenses aren't built around stopping him and he'll see more 1 on 1 coverage and get plenty of good screens rather than the filmsy ones he's getting at Davidson.
    Last edited by wang4three; 03-29-2009 at 03:06 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
    I never considered Mo a pure point guard.

Mo is more of a pure point guard than Curry is which speaks volumes of how mediocre of a NBA level PG Curry is.

Cury is an example of having your most trusted perimeter scorer run the Point because there isn't anyone else talented enough to play PG and it keeps the ball in his hands and allows him to find an open man.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Mad props on making this video Kblaze. Im a huge Curry fan and its a fine vid.

Nice.

Seriously you're lame, I can understand trying to attack me in threads because you think I have no basketball knowledge but now its getting pathetic.

Same response from you, every thread, every day.

8x all star

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

His game is so similar to Daniel Gibson. A combo guard who can shoot. He's definitely not worth a top 10 pick but he's a decent player overall.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Well, he's still young has a great jumpshot and is learning the point guard position. He'd be best suited for a team where he doesn't have to handle all the ball handling responsibilities and really got to play off-ball. Playing with LeBron, or the triangle offense would help his shine is best of character traits.
    Its not hard to learn the PG position when you are a good perimeter scorer and a solid ballhandler as long as you can dribble and have solid court vision you can be effective at PG in college.

But at the next level, he'll benefit most that defenses aren't built around stopping him and he'll see more 1 on 1 coverage and get plenty of good screens rather than the filmsy ones he's getting at Davidson.
    I seriously doubt any NBA team would run screens for Curry on the perimeter.

If he cant catch & shoot then he won't make it in the NBA at his size.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Its not hard to learn the PG position when you are a good perimeter scorer and a solid ballhandler as long as you can dribble and have solid court vision you can be effective at PG in college.
    You're not serious are you?

I seriously doubt any NBA team would run screens for Curry on the perimeter.

If he cant catch & shoot then he won't make it in the NBA at his size.
    To risk sounding repetitive, you're not serious are you?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    His game is so similar to Daniel Gibson. A combo guard who can shoot. He's definitely not worth a top 10 pick but he's a decent player overall.
    Daniel Gibson is more athletic and has a pure shooter's release.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    You're not serious are you?
    Actually I am.
    If you are a wing scorer that is capable of creating your shot and you are able to handle the ball well and can find the open man, you can be effective at PG in college.
    Ask James Harden,a NBA 2 that would take over the role of PG for ASU.

Of course with not being a Pure PG comes a high turnover rate but you can't say that you cant be effective.

To risk sounding repetitive, you're not serious are you?
    I am serious.

Stephen Curry although is a great college scorer but he wont have plays designed for him on the perimter that involves screens to get open.
    If he proves he can work as a spot up shooter in the NBA then he may have a screen designated for him at the end of a game but to think he will come into the NBA and get screens from Day 1 on the perimeter like Allen Iverson was given to get his shot off is laughable.

Curry holds no purpose on a NBA team if he can't catch & shoot,he will have to play the 2 in the NBA because he isn't a PG and unless he finds a niche as a defender then he wont last long.

He's playing the combo in the NBA

I really can't take you serious

Early second round.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    He's playing the combo in the NBA

I really can't take you serious
    He's not playing the combo in the NBA.

I don't see how he plays PG unless he goes to a team like the Heat with a SG like D-Wade that runs the offense and can allow him to be a spot up shooter while at the 1.

There are only 4 Combo Guards that might get drafted in the 2009 NBA Draft and they are Brandon Jennings,Willie Warren,Tony Douglas and Tyreke Evans.

Stop baiting.