Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Stephen Curry video. Do you want him on your team with say....a top 10 pick?

Probably a Late First Round Pick. Curry is going to excel while playing in a Run and Gun Offense.

Love to see him with the Knicks or Warriors next year.

Default Re: Stephen Curry video. Do you want him on your team with say....a top 10 pick?

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    I'd love to have him as a sixth man.

Do you think he will be the next Ricky Pierce? He was a great 6th man Scorer in the late 1980's.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Do you think he will be the next Ricky Pierce? He was a great 6th man Scorer in the 1990's.
    Shut up, and I mean it in the nicest way possible.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Ricky Pierce played nothing like Curry. And I mean in no way...at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Do you think he will be the next Ricky Pierce? He was a great 6th man Scorer in the late 1980's.
    Ricky Pierce?

You had to have pulled that one out of your ass to even mention his name on this site.

I don't even remember Ricky Pierce.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Best case: Mike Bibby
    Worst case: Daniel Gibson
    Most likely: Dana Barros

Would not want him with a top 10 pick. Doesn't play the pick and roll well enough to be worth it for the Knicks.

National High School Star

I hope he goes somewhere with a good coach.. dont wanna see him under Larry Brown or George Karl .. let him go somewhere with freedom and then we can make our evaluations.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

The Warriors have enough guards.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Actually I am.
    If you are a wing scorer that is capable of creating your shot and you are able to handle the ball well and can find the open man, you can be effective at PG in college.
    Ask James Harden,a NBA 2 that would take over the role of PG for ASU.

Of course with not being a Pure PG comes a high turnover rate but you can't say that you cant be effective.
    Well you're wrong. Going from being the off guard to point guard in college is a difficult transition. Many players have tough time transitioning to it after being the primary off guard scorer. They have to deal with presses more and have to start offense rather than be offense. Hell, Scottie Reynolds is still struggling from losing Mike Nardi. Davidson lost the leading assist-man in college last season and Curry has to play the role of primary scorer and primary playmaker. There's going to be problems and things he has to go through. He's clearly learning though and he's gotten better as the season went on.

James Harden's role hasn't changed at ASU so I have no idea what you're even bringing him up.

I am serious.

Stephen Curry although is a great college scorer but he wont have plays designed for him on the perimter that involves screens to get open.
    If he proves he can work as a spot up shooter in the NBA then he may have a screen designated for him at the end of a game but to think he will come into the NBA and get screens from Day 1 on the perimeter like Allen Iverson was given to get his shot off is laughable.
    Curry will likely go in the top 15 in the draft. Yet you believe a team will draft him and not run plays for him. Why commit to a player you don't want to highlight his strengths? Seems like a waste of money.

Curry holds no purpose on a NBA team if he can't catch & shoot,he will have to play the 2 in the NBA because he isn't a PG and unless he finds a niche as a defender then he wont last long.
    I said earlier, he'll be fine as long as he has someone to share ball handling responsibilities with. He doesn't have to be pigeon holed into a position of 1 or 2. He can fit as a tweener like a lot of guards are doing these days to mask their weaknesses.

Curry is not a horrible ball handler, but he's not great. He's still learning to control pace and play with a team. The way you make it seems like he has no capacity to learn or get better, which is dumb for anyone to assume at 20/21 and playing the point guard for the first time in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Best case: Mike Bibby
    Worst case: Daniel Gibson
    Most likely: Dana Barros

Would not want him with a top 10 pick. Doesn't play the pick and roll well enough to be worth it for the Knicks.
    Mike Bibby sucks.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    Mike Bibby sucks.
    I've NEVER liked Mike Bibby but to say a career 16 point 6 assist PG "sucks" seems a bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    I've NEVER liked Mike Bibby but to say a career 16 point 6 assist PG "sucks" seems a bit silly.
    For a #2 draft pick who had the audacity to only work out for the Clippers who had the #1 pick, 16 and 6 is underwhelming. He also has the worst tats in the league.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

I think any combo guard has to have explosion with the dribble. Either to get your own shot or for play-making purposes, but you have to have it at the NBA level. I don't know if Curry has this. Not because he doesn't have it or not, but more cause its not his role to display it at Davidson.

See, the thing is, we call say he doesn't have this or that, but if he turns into something special, there will be 10-15 teams with the gas face, looking silly.

So knowing thia, if Bayless went top-15, then Curry will as well cause I believe he's better. Now its about what team he can go to and excel on an immediate basis. Knicks. Kings. Bobcats. Raptors could all use him. But I believe the best fit for him is on the Wolves. I know they got Foye, but Curry will be better for them than him. If they could somehow get a decent sized point guard, Curry is who they should take.

Agree?

A rich-man's Randolph Childress, as in he should stick around in the NBA.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Well you're wrong. Going from being the off guard to point guard in college is a difficult transition. Many players have tough time transitioning to it after being the primary off guard scorer. They have to deal with presses more and have to start offense rather than be offense. Hell, Scottie Reynolds is still struggling from losing Mike Nardi. Davidson lost the leading assist-man in college last season and Curry has to play the role of primary scorer and primary playmaker. There's going to be problems and things he has to go through. He's clearly learning though and he's gotten better as the season went on.

James Harden's role hasn't changed at ASU so I have no idea what you're even bringing him up.
    I'm not even going to argue this because you dont understand what I meant.

Curry will likely go in the top 15 in the draft. Yet you believe a team will draft him and not run plays for him. Why commit to a player you don't want to highlight his strengths? Seems like a waste of money.
    see J.J. Redick.

I said earlier, he'll be fine as long as he has someone to share ball handling responsibilities with. He doesn't have to be pigeon holed into a position of 1 or 2. He can fit as a tweener like a lot of guards are doing these days to mask their weaknesses.
    Curry is not a NBA level ballhandler, he projects as a spot up shooter that can be a threat by pump faking or stepping back and hitting his pull up jumper.

Curry is not a horrible ball handler, but he's not great. He's still learning to control pace and play with a team. The way you make it seems like he has no capacity to learn or get better, which is dumb for anyone to assume at 20/21 and playing the point guard for the first time in his life.
    Yet people assume that Keith Brumbaugh wont ever develop into a NBA level SF.

Thats off topic but anyways.

I began watching him this season after I became a fan of him in college and even if he spent all of his free time working to become a NBA PG he still wouldn't be any better and he'd make himself a worse player trying to be something he is not.

Curry can dribble but he's not a NBA PG and he wont ever be.

Thats not me being critical of the guy because he is a talented scorer but seriously its not going to happen, for some guys if you arent placed at PG early on in your basketball life you just can't move to PG at 20/21 and expect to be as good, its kind of like instincts that PG's have that develops over time.