Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Manu Ginobili out through playoffs, back next season

Fuuuuuuukkkkk that sucks!

So, with this new info coming out...Do the Spurs finally make massive changes to their team during the offseason?

I think its time.

Im wondering if this is the beginning of the end for Manu. Manu has been hampered with injuries for the past few years. He seems to be getting more and more injury prone in the past few seasons. If so, its a real shame bc he is a very talented and gifted player. People may call the Spurs boring, but Manu is/was one of the most entertaining players to watch. A few years back, he was up there in talks with Wade and Kobe for top shooting guards.

He really does so much for the Spurs, and those who think they will be OK in the playoffs are mistaken. They are a team who works as a group, as a whole. Manu brought a different element that no one, not Roger Mason, could bring on that team. He could break down offenses, spread the floor, and lead the Spurs offensively from stints.

Spurs have a great system, and are well coached, so they will always keep things competitive. But they are in trouble w/o Manu.

Quote Originally Posted by iTruWarrior
    You mean they weren't going to have an easy time? The Lakers have a cake walk to the Finals this year.
    Over confidence will get the Lakers a first round exit man, the Lakers better hope somebody puts the Blazers out the playoffs because everybody know that's the last team the Lakers wonna see.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by #1SportsFan86
    Over confidence will get the Lakers a first round exit man, the Lakers better hope somebody puts the Blazers out the playoffs because everybody know that's the last team the Lakers wonna see.
    Even if they face the Blazers which they won't, Lakers would win the series still because they have homecourt.

Knowledge Is Power shortlunatic's Avatar

Wow, i think thtas prety much it for the Spurs then. Damn that really sucks, i was really looking forward to Spurs playing in a series with the Lakers, with newly acquired Gooden, and a healthy Ginobli together. O well. At least i can have more confidence in my Nuggets again. I think they really have what it takes to be in the WCF now.

You mean they weren't going to have an easy time? The Lakers have a cake walk to the Finals this year.
    Nuggets, Rockets, Blazers...cake walk??

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by shortlunatic
    Nuggets, Rockets, Blazers...cake walk??
    Yes...Cake walk. The only team that has any chance at stopping them is the Nuggets. Even then, I would suppose the Lakers would destroy them since the Nuggets are still more of an offensive team than defensive.

Lakers can outscore anybody in the NBA and they can break apart any defenes thrown at them. The East is where the Lakers' challengers are at.

Yes...Cake walk. The only team that has any chance at stopping them is the Nuggets. Even then, I would suppose the Lakers would destroy them since the Nuggets are still more of an offensive team than defensive.

Lakers can outscore anybody in the NBA and they can break apart any defenes thrown at them. The East is where the Lakers' challengers are at.
    ok than say that, dnt say its gonna be a cake walk. a cake walk is like when they played the Nuggets last year in the first round. But in no way are they gonna sweep every single team and play like thay dint need to put effort in any of em. You shoud learn how to use terms properly.

And the Nuggets have become one of the better defensive teams in the NBA this year, yea there better parts are on offense, but they shouldnt be regarded as a team that doesnt need to be carefully prepared for.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by shortlunatic
    ok than say that, dnt say its gonna be a cake walk. a cake walk is like when they played the Nuggets last year in the first round. But in no way are they gonna sweep every single team and play like thay dint need to put effort in any of em. You shoud learn how to use terms properly.

And the Nuggets have become one of the better defensive teams in the NBA this year, yea there better parts are on offense, but they shouldnt be regarded as a team that doesnt need to be carefully prepared for.
    Lakers cruised in last year's playoffs... Yeah they practiced, but they still cruised it and had a cake walk.

Lakers are going to lose at the most 2-3 games, facing Western Conference teams in the playoffs.

Default Re: NBA Rumors: Ginobili done for playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by BallPhunk
    This is going to be nothing compared to the news that KG is out for the year (coming sooner or later).
    This is exactly what I was thinking earlier.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: NBA Rumors: Ginobili done for playoffs

Not good for the Spurs(or those rooting for them to win it all this year)

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Im wondering if this is the beginning of the end for Manu. Manu has been hampered with injuries for the past few years. He seems to be getting more and more injury prone in the past few seasons. If so, its a real shame bc he is a very talented and gifted player. People may call the Spurs boring, but Manu is/was one of the most entertaining players to watch. A few years back, he was up there in talks with Wade and Kobe for top shooting guards.

He really does so much for the Spurs, and those who think they will be OK in the playoffs are mistaken. They are a team who works as a group, as a whole. Manu brought a different element that no one, not Roger Mason, could bring on that team. He could break down offenses, spread the floor, and lead the Spurs offensively from stints.

Spurs have a great system, and are well coached, so they will always keep things competitive. But they are in trouble w/o Manu.
    I'm a Spurs fan through and through, have watched almost every Spurs game the past 4 years or so... and I wholeheartedly agree with you. Roger Mason cannot fill the void left by Manu, as much as anybody would like to think he can, he can't. Hell, even this season he was talked about as a top-5 shooting guard, let alone a few years back. Manu is the most unpredictable, sneaky player, and the toughest competitor I've ever watched in the 00's. And his tenacity didn't stop on offense, which is why he will be hard to replace, if at all possible...

That's not to say I don't have any faith that the Spurs can rise up and truly compete (there is Duncan, Popovich, and Parker after all) but damn their chances just dropped significantly, and Spurs fans know this as much as anybody.

Lakers cruised in last year's playoffs... Yeah they practiced, but they still cruised it and had a cake walk.

Lakers are going to lose at the most 2-3 games, facing Western Conference teams in the playoffs.
    well i beg to differ. Especially the way they have been playing recently, i would expect the Blazers, Rockets, and Nuggets to give the Lakers a decent amount of competition in the playoffs, at least if they end up running into any of those teams.