Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516
    Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Default Re: Prime Kobe vs. Prime Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    I want to put all this nonsensical "Kobe = Jordan" or "Kobe > Jordan" stuff to rest. Here's a taste of what will be coming; I will be adding to this topic as I have time to. To start with, I'll use Shaq's 3 year peak and Duncan's 3 year peak as an example. Most Laker/Kobe fans will agree that prime Shaq was significantly more dominant than prime Duncan, yet these same people don't realize (or don't want to admit) that Jordan's prime was actually even further beyond Kobe's prime than Shaq's was above Duncan's.
    lol.

proof that Loki loses sleep over this non-issue.
    Kobe is a 1st ballet HOFer. end of issue.

you wanna worry about GOAT status??? worry about Lebron!

Decent college freshman bruceblitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Bruce is one of my favorite posters on ISH. He stops at nothing to show that MJ is a GOAT, and will assure the trolls get a mouthful.

Props to you, and thanks for helping to get Alpha Troll banned
    Thank you, that is kind of you. I wish I didn't have to debunk such non-sense, but oh well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Bruce is one of my favorite posters on ISH. He stops at nothing to show that MJ is a GOAT, and will assure the trolls get a mouthful.

Props to you, and thanks for helping to get Alpha Troll banned
    The man's a tireless spreader of knowledge, it's too bad Alborz is just going to come back with another name and start this **** up again. Be on the lookout for that ...

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh

What makes someone a good defender is the fact that they aren't scared of being crossed over, or scored on. And if it does happen, and it will if you attempt to be a real warrior and play defense, they shake it off mentally and come right back for more, and say "let me see you do it again"

THAT'S a defender. Thats a warrior's mentality.
    Very true.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz
    btw, the whole Chi-town thing isn't a big deal. Just something I've talked about with friends for years. Kind of like fans from other cities who call their team "Da Raptors" or "Da Lakers" when the term "Da" refers to the Chicago accent. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about too. Even outsiders have to have seen the Saturday night live skits. Just listen to Mike North, (I'm sure you've seen him on Comcast or heard him on 670 the score), Mike North's accent is case-in-point.
    Actually, I chose my nickname as a reference to this Chicago accent and all my family that lives there.

3-time NBA All-Star

This is a very ridiculous comparison at this point. I don't get how anyone can say Kobe > Jordan with a legit argument. As far as skills go, the only thing Kobe has an edge on Jordan is 3pt shooting, while Jordan has the advantage in everything else whilel also having a much greater impact. Jordan's accolades trump Kobe's. He has more championships and played a bigger role on all of those teams. Jordan has never mentally shrunk in big game situations, while Kobe has numerous times. This shouldnt be a debate. Kobe's career is actually the same length now as Jordan's pre-Wizards career, and he arguably has not accomplished even half of what Jordan did.