Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: LMAO at Van Gundy saying Scottie Pippen is not a Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz
    Even worse yet, Van Gundy and Mark Jackson went on to claim that Kobe and LeBron could beat Pippen and Jordan in a 2 on 2 game..
    Nothing wrong said. Just because you dont agree doesnt mean its stupid. I dont agree those two would win in a game of 2 on 2 but it would be an intriguing matchup and I'd pay $$$$ to watch it. Why do fans get bent out of shape when thier favorite players or players they hold high in the bball clouds are challenged? I dont agree with Mark or Jeff much but this isnt something to get your panties in a bunch.

2 on 2 is different from an actual 5 on 5 bball game. Not much help defense when you have just 2 players. Very nice matchup. And someone predicting the outcome doesnt damage, smear or hurt MJ's lagacy. His legacy wasnt established by playing 2 on 2 or in dream matchups. Fans act like its a cardinal sin of some sort. Fantasy matchup, we all have them. I'd love to see Wilt vs Shaq. But me predicting a winner would hurt either legacy to the game of bball? No. Its sorta like barbershop talk.

Decent college freshman bruceblitz's Avatar

[QUOTE=dafunkphenom]
    Why are you people so damn stupid when comparing eras?

OK, SO IF YOU ARE THE TYPE OF FAN WHO THINKS PLAYERS TODAY ARE BIGGER FASTER STRONGER. THAT MEANS THEY WERE BORN LATER THAN THE PLAYERS OF OLD? AM I CORRECT?

SO, FOLLOW ME HERE, THE LEAGUE'S TALLEST YEAR FOR AVERAGE HEIGHT WAS IN 1987.
    You can see the statistics right here on the bottom left of this link:
    http://www.nba.com/news/survey_2007.html

You're an idiot if you think player's athleticism hasn't gotten better over time.
    Reading and [COLOR="Red"]comprehension[/COLOR]. [COLOR="Red"]YOU LACK IT[/COLOR]!

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darabzarrabi
    he said he wasn't sure if Pippen was a Hall of Famer...and to those of you who think you know more about basketball than him, get off mount pious.
    This. It's a shame everyone here makes such rash decisions.

OK, SO IF YOU ARE THE TYPE OF FAN WHO THINKS PLAYERS TODAY ARE BIGGER FASTER STRONGER. THAT MEANS THEY WERE BORN LATER THAN THE PLAYERS OF OLD? AM I CORRECT?

Players weigh more now.

SO, IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE THAT THINKS PLAYERS TODAY ARE STRONGER AND FASTER, [COLOR="Red"]THAT MEANS IF PLAYERS FROM THE OLD SCHOOL WERE BORN AT THE SAME TIME AS PLAYERS TODAY, THEY WOULD BE BIGGER, FASTER, AND STRONGER TOO[/COLOR],[COLOR="Blue"] AM I NOT CORRECT[/COLOR]?

Discrediting the players of the old school is retarded.

Imagine Jerry West with the athleticism of a Brent Barry(in his prime)

Get the **** out of here with this bull ****.

Jordan and Pippen would school those two.

Also, quit acting like the athletes of Jordan's era were bums.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uc465y2tl4

YOU ARE PATHETIC LOW IQ FANS WHO THINK THE WAY YOU DO ABOUT THE OLD SCHOOL.

USE YOUR HEAD!
    Once again, if players of "yesteryear", including the John Havlicek's of the world, were born today, they would have the same athletic advantages as players today you nimrods.

It's simple friggin logic.

If you think this current era is so much more athletic, that means players like Jordan would be even MORE ATHLETIC if they were born the same year as a LeBron James. Holy freaking chode batman these sports fans don't know how to use logic.

Local High School Star

Question BruceBlitz, where would you rank Scottie Pippen of SF's of all-time.

Well, given Van Gundy's recent comments. I'd say that a lot of people here do in fact know MORE about basketball than him.

Very good NBA starter

[QUOTE=dafunkphenom]

You're an idiot if you think player's athleticism hasn't gotten better over time.
    Watch the dunk video Bruce made. DR.j jumps from FT line with someone contesting him with no effort.

Its getting to the point where that era vs era argument in 10 years is going to completely discredit Jordan, because his era was completely weak.

Then....we'll go ahead and discredit Lebron, because his era was completely weak compared to the era in 2030....and so on and so forth.

Its a ridiculous argument.

Living Legend

Once again, if players of "yesteryear", including the John Havlicek's of the world, were born today, they would have the same athletic advantages as players today you nimrods.

It's simple friggin logic.

If you think this current era is so much more athletic, that means players like Jordan would be even MORE ATHLETIC if they were born the same year as a LeBron James. Holy freaking chode batman these sports fans don't know how to use logic.
    Training and nutrition have made leaps and bounds in the last few decades. That's why records keep getting broken and people get bigger and more athletic in pretty much every sport out there. That's why the league never had a guy like Lebron 30 years ago.

Yeah, I was like to that. I still like that trio for commentary. I find them entertaining. As for Kobe/LBJ vs MJ/Pip, tough call. MJ/Pip played sooooo much with each other that their chemistry would be better probably.

Local High School Star

Sometimes I want to know whether the guys on ESPN really think LeBron is that good, or they were paid to support and promote LeBron James.

This isnt a game of accolades and legacy...2 on 2, no help D in the paint, and 1on1 type player in Kobe, and a Freak in LeBron James?...Kobe=6-5 215, LeBron=6-9 260, and has speed, who would gaurd LeBron? Pippen?..And as a 1on1 player, Kobe wouldn't be denied...not saying MJ wouldn't stop him a few times, but for the most part Kobe would score a few....LeBron would gaurd MJ, and since its a street ball 2 on 2, LeBron's power and muscle, would be able to stick with MJ...and Kobe would do an ok Job on Pippen...

This is an opinion...I take Kobe and LeBron...FYI..Opinions, doesn't mean you can turn your own opinion into a fact...

Quote Originally Posted by iTruWarrior
    Question BruceBlitz, where would you rank Scottie Pippen of SF's of all-time.
    No particular order:
    Larry Bird
    Julius Erving
    John Havlicek
    Scottie Pippen
    Dominique Wilkins
    Elgin Baylor
    Rick Barry
    Connie Hawkins
    Paul Arizin
    Billy Cunningham
    James Worthy
    Alex English
    Bernard King
    Chris Mullin
    Adrian Dantley
    LeBron James
    Dale Ellis
    Glen Rice

Where would I rank Pippen? Somewhere on that list. Probably top 5. You put me on the spot there but those are some of the best players I can think of off the top of my head to play the small forward position. I'm sure I'm missing a few. That's a deep roster.

Quote Originally Posted by dafunkphenom
    Training and nutrition have made leaps and bounds in the last few decades. That's why records keep getting broken and people get bigger and more athletic in pretty much every sport out there. That's why the league never had a guy like Lebron 30 years ago.
    Clearly you aren't comprehending what I said. I give up, you are dumb.

Living Legend

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Its getting to the point where that era vs era argument in 10 years is going to completely discredit Jordan, because his era was completely weak.

Then....we'll go ahead and discredit Lebron, because his era was completely weak compared to the era in 2030....and so on and so forth.

Its a ridiculous argument.
    I'm not discrediting Jordan's career. He is the GOAT! I'm just saying you can't compare ages and decades in a "If they were to play now" circumstance. I've been an avid hoops guy since 1992 and you can't even compare '92 to now.