Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 112
  1. #31
    Can You? vert48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,440

    Default Re: Blake Griffin Won't Be The #1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    I might be wrong but didn't he enter the 1999 NBA Draft only to pull out at the last minute?
    Crawford 'tried' to enter the draft, but sent in his letter too late, so the NBA did not accept it. He ended up serving an 8 game suspension for it (following an initial 6 game suspension for accepting room and board while in high school). So, he was suspended for 14 games during his only year at Michigan.
    Last edited by vert48; 04-14-2009 at 06:04 PM.

  2. #32
    I Run NY. niko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    28,201

    Default Re: Blake Griffin Won't Be The #1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Eat ****.

    Didn't you learn from the 2008 NBA Draft you dip**** that 9/10 times a NBA GM will draft an elite PG prospect over an elite PF prospect.

    Blake Griffin=6'8 PF w/great athleticism, and developing range.
    John Wall=6'3 PG w/great athleticism,blazing speed,& great court vision.
    whats with the EAT ****? you are WRONG. don't compound it by being a dick.

  3. #33
    Pringles Reborn Rekindled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Galaxy Far Far Away..
    Posts
    8,589

    Default Re: Blake Griffin Won't Be The #1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft

    I would easily take John Wall over Blake Griffin. John Wall is a once in a decade talent, a better passing derrick rose.

  4. #34
    Good High School Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    933

    Default Re: Blake Griffin Won't Be The #1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft

    How's Keith Brumbaugh working out?

  5. #35
    I'm on the moon KeylessEntry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Great Northwest
    Posts
    6,136

    Default Re: Blake Griffin Won't Be The #1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft

    Of course it wont be Blake Griffin because Keith Brumbaugh is going to be the #1 pick

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,395

    Default Re: Blake Griffin Won't Be The #1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    Of course it wont be Blake Griffin because Keith Brumbaugh is going to be the #1 pick
    Too bad he isn't eligible this year.

    I already have a player in mind who will be a NBA superstar and I have been on his bandwagon for awhile, but you clowns will have to wait to find out.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,395

    Default Re: Blake Griffin Won't Be The #1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by niko
    whats with the EAT ****? you are WRONG. don't compound it by being a dick.
    How am I wrong?

    An elite PG prospect almost always goes above an elite PF prospect.

    Most people don't know of John Wall and his talent because he hasn't played college basketball yet and gained the nationwide attention, but off of talent & potential alone he is on par with Derrick Rose.

    Wall projects as a better scorer than Rose, because he actually gets hot from the perimeter and can become unstoppable, while Rose has yet to develop a consistent outside shot.

  8. #38
    H.U.M.A.N. World loot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,928

    Default Re: Blake Griffin Won't Be The #1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft

    good to see the op still belongs on my ignore list

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,395

    Default Re: Blake Griffin Won't Be The #1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by niko
    the HE WILL BE THE #1 PICK is your opinion, not the overwhelming opinion. he might not even be higher than Rubio. He'd be top 3 i think though definitely. But not over griffin, no chance in hell.
    If Wall enters along with Rubio & Young Money.

    That would be the best crop of PG prospects in NBA History in a Draft.

  10. #40
    NBA lottery pick iDunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,057

    Default Re: Blake Griffin Won't Be The #1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft

    This kid is simply amazing.

    I saw a couple games before and his game is just like Wade's. He moves like Wade, he blocks like Wade, he even shoots like Wade. He should go to college for a year though, he still needs to learn a bit but he will have a really bright NBA future.

  11. #41
    National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,162

    Default Re: Blake Griffin Won't Be The #1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by YAH trick YAH
    Wall has a sick highlight tape
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
    oh my god. he is unreal. i cant believe i hadn't heard of him. He is like a more athletic Dwayne Wade... with great passing ability (so it looks)

    i am rarely impressed by high school highlight reels, but I am sold on John Wall (although highlight reels don't tell the whole story, or Stromile Swift would actually be good)

    He is a beast though, that much is obvious. Super athletic, good with both hands, quick, great leaper, good passer. sorry Blake Griffin, this is the guy.

  12. #42
    ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,786

    Default Re: Blake Griffin Won't Be The #1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    If Wall enters along with Rubio & Young Money.

    That would be the best crop of PG prospects in NBA History in a Draft.
    1. He won't, you're just going crazy because you just now found aout that he's a 5th year senior.

    2. Give me Deron/Paul over anything in this draft.

  13. #43
    Not airballing my layups anymore
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    118

    Default Re: Blake Griffin Won't Be The #1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    How am I wrong?

    An elite PG prospect almost always goes above an elite PF prospect.

    Most people don't know of John Wall and his talent because he hasn't played college basketball yet and gained the nationwide attention, but off of talent & potential alone he is on par with Derrick Rose.

    Wall projects as a better scorer than Rose, because he actually gets hot from the perimeter and can become unstoppable, while Rose has yet to develop a consistent outside shot.

    this is a really stupid statment. lets hear these examples where elite pgs get drafted high. if anything, teams skew to drafting big over smalls. you are so wrong here.bogut and marvin were drafted over paul and williams when it was virtually consensus that paul was the best player at the time and for the future.

    theres so many examples of bigs being reached for in the draft (kwame/kenyon/kandi) - do some research before you bring the attitude

  14. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,395

    Default Re: Blake Griffin Won't Be The #1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterz313
    this is a really stupid statment. lets hear these examples where elite pgs get drafted high. if anything, teams skew to drafting big over smalls. you are so wrong here.bogut and marvin were drafted over paul and williams when it was virtually consensus that paul was the best player at the time and for the future.
    An elite C prospect goes over an elite PG prospect.

    Thats the reason why Bogut went #1, because he could provide more if he developed into the player Milwaukee thought he could become.

    Maybe you were under a rock but Chris Paul was viewed as a great PG prospect but not the best player in the Draft, but Marvin Williams at the time was viewed as a high potential SF who could become a future #2 option for the Hawks.
    However,even at that time people didn't agree with the pick considering Chris Paul would have filled a need for Atlanta.

    Not everyone expected Paul to become as great of a player he is now in which he is considered an All-Time Great PG.

    theres so many examples of bigs being reached for in the draft (kwame/kenyon/kandi) - do some research before you bring the attitude
    Kwame=Elite C prospect
    There was no Elite PG prospect in the 2001 NBA Draft.
    Kenyon Martin=Elite PF prospect
    There was no Elite PG prospect in the 2000 NBA Draft.
    Micheal Olowokandi=Elite C prospect
    Clippers picked Kandi Man over an Elite PG prospect like Bibby because when there is a top C prospect available its almost natural to take them over a PG and its always been that way in the NBA.

  15. #45
    Doodle nbastatus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    6,695

    Default Re: Blake Griffin Won't Be The #1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft

    wow. he is amazing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •