Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Root Of All Evil

Default Re: Michael Jordan: "Kobe wouldn't beat me 1-on-1 in my prime"

Quote Originally Posted by The Magic Man
    Lol. Look... forget it.
    No fan during the course of MJ's career took what little he had done and made it out to be something more. MJ did it himself bye solidifying his legend on his own with actual accomplishments. Did he not?

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    No one is denying Kobe's greatness, it's obvious. MJ has d1ck riders with good reason, he validated it on the court by clearly being the best player to ever lace them up. Kobe stans take what he has done and over exaggerate them so that he can be mentioned within the same breath as MJ. And in some ridiculous cases made out to be better. It's when Kobe fans take things one step too far that one side incites the other to similar extremes. Kobe's an all-time great, MJ was better. PERIOD.
    Oh come on man. You're trying to pull a double-standard and rationalize to yourself that it's ok for Jordan to have dickriders but not for Kobe to? Based off that statement, Jordan is the only who can have fans of that magnitude. And I said that Kobe fans exaggerate Kobe SOMETIMES, but it gets fueled by the Kobe haters who downplay his abilities and achievements.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Juges8932
    Oh come on man. You're trying to pull a double-standard and rationalize to yourself that it's ok for Jordan to have dickriders but not for Kobe to? Based off that statement, Jordan is the only who can have fans of that magnitude. And I said that Kobe fans exaggerate Kobe SOMETIMES, but it gets fueled by the Kobe haters who downplay his abilities and achievements.
    You're not getting what I'm saying, maybe I'm not explainging it right.

Does Kobe deserve his fans? Uhh, yes.

Kobe's dickryders over exaggerate his accomplishments and the meanings of them to make them MORE important than they actually end up being. Jordan's dickryders don't have to exaggerate anything. Thats the difference. Jordan dickryders love him, and rub your face in his accomplishments ... annoying? Yes. Loki, who beyond Jordan was a very knowledgable basketball fan and I enjoyed his posts ... was completely annoying with Jordan love. But it wasn't propaganda. It was all cold hard facts. Jordan stans don't beed ti embelish anything to make Jordan sound better. He simply was that good. THAT'S the rub.

It goes both ways really. I used to get sucked into it a few years ago, when the haters would go to extremes and I'd go to great lengths to defend Bryant. But it clearly goes both ways. Kobe / Laker fans, many of whom are beyond reality, go to ridiculous lengths thus bringing in Kobe haters to counteract the majority of the absolutely ridiculous fan base that makes up the Laker and Kobe loving community.
    Last edited by Samurai Swoosh; 04-15-2009 at 10:34 PM.

Kobe studied Jordan and trys to imitate Jordan....or atleast that's what I see. EVERYBODY agrees that Jordan is better than Kobe, obviously. It would be a great match up but I can't see Kobe beating the guy at his own game. Once or twice outta 10 times? maybe lol......but I have seen MJ's game and I have seen Kobe's game....not a fair comparison.

And the reason why I think a lot of MJ fans don't like Kobe is because no one likes to see their "heroes" status get challenged by a dude like Kobe...its a bit threatening hahah. Kobe seemed to be on his way to a lot of people too after those rings with the Lakers and then things went wrong so..

You're not getting what I'm saying, maybe I'm not explainging it right.

Does Kobe deserve his fans? Uhh, yes.

Kobe's dickryders over exaggerate his accomplishments and the meanings of them to make them MORE important than they actually end up being. Jordan's dickryders don't have to exaggerate anything. Thats the difference. Jordan dickryders love him, and rub your face in his accomplishments. But they're not embelishing anything to make Jordan sound better. He simply was that good. THAT'S the rub.

It goes both ways really. I used to get sucked into it a few years ago, when the haters would go to extremes and I'd go to great lengths to defend Bryant. But it clearly goes both ways. Kobe / Laker fans, many of whom are beyond reality, go to ridiculous lengths thus bringing in Kobe haters to counteract the majority of the absolutely ridiculous fan base that makes up the Laker and Kobe loving community.
    Ok, I agree with that.

Yeah, I try to avoid getting caught up into it, and generally don't on the forums. But sometimes I can't help it, haha.

Root Of All Evil

The only time I have to smash Kobe propaganda and agenda from the Kobe nut job fans is when they push things one step too far. Comparing Bryant and his accomplisments to say LeBron James is one thing, when they start saying he's better than Jordan. You have to nip it in the bud. Otherwise, I'm pro Kobe.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz
    These are some of my questions for the future:

-Will anyone ever match Jordan's 10 scoring titles?

-Will anyone ever score 55 points in the NBA Finals like Jordan did?

- Will anyone ever average 31+ppg on 56% shooting in the NBA finals while dishing out 11.4 dimes per game?

I could keep going on, but you get the point. The "Jordan standard" is too high up for a lot of these players to ever reach. I just don't see anyone ever eclipsing the legacy that is Jordan, ever.
    The answers to those questions are "YES". Remember, KG said, "Anything is POSIBULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!". Or something like that.

If David Stern continues to be the commish of the league and there is one player who can come and sell more shoes than Jordan did, then Stern will do his best to make sure this new player's legacy surpass Jordan's. David Stern made Michael Jordan. He can do the same with any other player who makes him good fortune.

An Icon Forever

Kobe's a better 3 point shooter. But that's also because of his willingness to shoot them more than MJ. MJ understood shooting 3's limits the effectiveness of not only his game, but then in turn his teammates. Getting to the basket is always more important. And it was never as if Jordan was a bad 3 point shooter, he was more than capable. He just did it with moderation. So yea, thats about the ONLY aspect to the game of basketball Kobe is superior at ... and just so you know I'm a Kobe fan. Ask any long time member here. It's just the ridiculous Kobe fans around here and the extent they are taking things.

I remember awhile ago you saying Kobe had better handles than Jordan. Do you not feel that way anymore?