Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Playoffs Round 1: #1 Cavs vs #8 Pistons

Default Re: 2009 NBA playoffs: Round 1 - #1)Cleveland Cavs vs #8)Detroit Pistons

We've had some great rivalries with Detroit in the past, but honestly I just don't see it happening this time, Cavs in 5.

I rule the local playground

Default Re: 2009 NBA playoffs: Round 1 - #1)Cleveland Cavs vs #8)Detroit Pistons

Detroit in 4.

*leans back*

*mumbles to self* (when they actually do pull it off, I'll look like a frickin' genius and when they lose I can always claim I was just kidding. Flawless.)

:smug:

Cleveland in 4

i hope it doesn't go past 5 games, but it definitely has a chance to go 6.

Saw a basketball once

looks like an easy one for bron-bron according to accuscore

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

During the last few weeks of the season, I was hoping that Detroit didn't get that 8th seed. They seemed like the toughest matchup of any of the lower half of the East. But, after watching them the last couple of weeks, I just don't see it. Going from a killer like Billups to these young, inexperienced point guards is a recipe for disaster when going against a great defensive team like the Cavs, who has significant playoff experience, as well. I wouldn't trust any of those guys to handle the ball if I were a Detroit fan.

To be blunt, the Pistons have lost their mojo. I'll be shocked if this goes past five.

Kobe is the assassin KobeRules24's Avatar

Lebron will be dancing like this by the end of the series...

For those that are saying the Pistons aren't the same threat without Chauncey, you all seem to forget that he wasn't exactly killin it the past couple postseasons. Last year Stuckey's emergence was the main reason he was "expendable" this year.

I don't think the Pistons are gonna win, but there is an outside chance that they could upset the Cavs if Rasheed is focused, McDyess is outta his mind (realizing his career is headin towards the end), and Stuckey reminds us all why Dumars was willing to part with Chauncey (contracts excluded)

That's alotta ifs though. In reality, I'm expecting the Cavs in 5.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayGuevara
    For those that are saying the Pistons aren't the same threat without Chauncey, you all seem to forget that he wasn't exactly killin it the past couple postseasons. Last year Stuckey's emergence was the main reason he was "expendable" this year.

I don't think the Pistons are gonna win, but there is an outside chance that they could upset the Cavs if Rasheed is focused, McDyess is outta his mind (realizing his career is headin towards the end), and Stuckey reminds us all why Dumars was willing to part with Chauncey (contracts excluded)

That's alotta ifs though. In reality, I'm expecting the Cavs in 5.
    I wasn't even referring to Billups' scoring when I said that things aren't the same for the Pistons without him. I was thinking more of his steady hand, which is something you need in the playoffs. Regardless of how he was shooting... One thing you could almost always be sure of was that, when he had the ball in his hands, you were going to have a damn hard time forcing turnovers and disrupting the Pistons' offense.

With Stuckey out there, I feel much more comfortable. Against the Cavs' pressure defense (which is always kicked up about 10 notches in the playoffs), I will be surprised if the kid does not get rattled at some point. I know that he has shown that he can run the offense and he really hasn't turned the ball over much, but in the playoffs against a great defensive team, experience is huge.

Also, you could always expect solid defense from Billups. I just always sort of felt like, even when he was shooting poorly, his ability to stay cool under pressure gave the Pistons an advantage over most teams. Stuckey will have to prove to me that he can do the same in the post-season.

I can't wait for this game.

Banned

Detroit in 7 lol poor Cleveland Kwame Brown is HUNGRY

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
    Detroit in 7 lol poor Cleveland Kwame Brown is HUNGRY
    Hungry for what? Cheez Doodles?

I hope big Z grows his playoff beard this year

Ball Don't Lie!!!!!!

Playoffs TODAY!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    I hope big Z grows his playoff beard this year

He needs to keep that beard all the time. That's awesome.