Default 2009 NBA Playoffs Round 1: #3 Magic vs #6 76ers

Game 1 - Sun. April 19, Philadelphia at Orlando, 5:30 p.m., TNT
    Game 2 - Wed. April 22, Philadelphia at Orlando, 7 p.m., NBA-TV
    Game 3 - Fri. April 24, Orlando at Philadelphia, 8 p.m., ESPN2
    Game 4 - Sun. April 26, Orlando at Philadelphia, 6:30 p.m., TNT
    Game 5 * Tue. April 28, Philadelphia at Orlando, Time TBD
    Game 6 * Thu. April 30, Orlando at Philadelphia, Time TBD
    Game 7 * Sat. May 2, Philadelphia at Orlando, Time TBD, TNT

Predictions before the Series start please.

College star

Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs Round 1: (#3) Orlando Magic vs (#6) Philadelphia 76ers

Orlando in 5 or 6.

iLoveNBA
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs Round 1: (#3) Orlando Magic vs (#6) Philadelphia 76ers

Quote Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
    Orlando in 5 or 6.
    Reasonings please...

Well, I would say the 76ers have a good chance at upsetting the Magic. Avery Johnson also said this last night on Sportscenter. I think with the bigs the 76ers have they can contain Howard easily with Dalembert, Evans, Ratiliff, etc.... I also think those 3 pointers the Magic have will be contained as well and I don't think they are comfortable either with Lewis and Hedo just recently being hurt.

I would say the Key matchup falls around the Small forward position, Iggy vs Hedo. Should be a fun matchup.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveNBA
    Reasonings please...

Well, I would say the 76ers have a good chance at upsetting the Magic. Avery Johnson also said this last night on Sportscenter. I think with the bigs the 76ers have they can contain Howard easily with Dalembert, Evans, Ratiliff, etc.... I also think those 3 pointers the Magic have will be contained as well and I don't think they are comfortable either with Lewis and Hedo just recently being hurt.

I would say the Key matchup falls around the Small forward position, Iggy vs Hedo. Should be a fun matchup.
    I say the magic win in 6, possibly even in 5

The sixers like to run, and that's just going to play in to the hands of the magic who could potentially blow some of these games wide open. I expect Dwight to come in focused playing like he did last year against the raptors. Iggy needs to play well for the sixers to have a chance, because he can at times be off with his shot although he usually fills out the rest of the stat sheet.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

i say magic in 6. the sixers have contained dwight pretty well all season. but the 3's have rained down on us all season. things sixers need to focus on is making free throws knocking down the open 3 and gaurding the perimeter.

iLoveNBA

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    I say the magic win in 6, possibly even in 5

The sixers like to run, and that's just going to play in to the hands of the magic who could potentially blow some of these games wide open. I expect Dwight to come in focused playing like he did last year against the raptors. Iggy needs to play well for the sixers to have a chance, because he can at times be off with his shot although he usually fills out the rest of the stat sheet.
    Howard also was guard by Chris Bosh and Rasho.
    Not taking away his credit, but that just means that he owned a bunch of international scrawny big men. He's playing against men again in this series.

I don't think the 3's will rain down simply because Hedo and Shard have been injured in the last 2-3 games. I don't see the 3's being hit for them.

this should be an ez series for us ... we could take them in 5 games ....

first sixers playoff series I won't be able to attend unless this makes it to a game 6

magic in 5, this is a bad matchup for us.

iLoveNBA

X-Factors for Both teams..

76ers: T. Young - Their team's best shooter, Efficient scorer, Can hurt the Magic easily

Magic: Courtney Lee - Rookie sleeper, pretty good defender, can score and shoot.

Sixers in 7

If Shard and Hedo are back healthly this series will be Magic or 4 or 5...can't see any other result. Sixers just aren't good enough to compete IMO

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveNBA
    Howard also was guard by Chris Bosh and Rasho.
    Not taking away his credit, but that just means that he owned a bunch of international scrawny big men. He's playing against men again in this series.
    Texas is international now? Chris Bosh is clearly much more international than Samuel Dalembert, who is actually a Canadian citizen (the country where Bosh plays) and was born in Haiti.

Sixers in 4, Dwight will be Dalembert b!tch. They make the basket smaller during the playoff so if you shoot from the outside its harder to make it. Right OP?

Im Going To Game 1