Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs Round 1: (#3) Orlando Magic vs (#6) Philadelphia 76ers

Quote Originally Posted by Styles p
    dude we contained howard 2 out of 3 games this year.
    Well i got news, this aint the regular season brotha... so yeah, good luck with 'containing' Dwight when his focus will be @ a completely nother level. He always comes out hella focused in the playoffs. And Philly's matchup zone plays right into our shooters hands... All those open looks from 3, plus Dwight Howard in the middle? I just dont see Philly competing for too long man... They may be able to stretch it out to six, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got the sweep either...

iLoveNBA
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs Round 1: (#3) Orlando Magic vs (#6) Philadelphia 76ers

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Ballin
    Well i got news, this aint the regular season brotha... so yeah, good luck with 'containing' Dwight when his focus will be @ a completely nother level. He always comes out hella focused in the playoffs. And Philly's matchup zone plays right into our shooters hands... All those open looks from 3, plus Dwight Howard in the middle? I just dont see Philly competing for too long man... They may be able to stretch it out to six, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got the sweep either...
    Sure, just don't be upset when he only averages 15 PPG.

I hope Sammy doesn't have any special haircuts this year. I hope DiLeo is drilling into Thad's head that he can't leave Lewis open anywhere. Alston doesn't worry me. Turk does.

We've got Dalembert, Speights, Evans, Ratliff, and Marshall. That's 30 fouls we get to use up on Dwight and put him on the line (59%). Hack-a-Howard

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Ballin
    cool....

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveNBA
    He 'only' averaged 15 PPG because he was in foul trouble two of the three games. Dalembert has always had trouble guarding Dwight, and if he avoids ticky tack fouls early in the game, there's no way he's held down in this series.

But keep thinking Philly has a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveNBA
    Yo, I don't give a sh!t how much Dwight score or how many rebound he gets as long as the Magic wins.

NBA Finals

as long as the 6ers play good D on Howard and dont give their shooters good looks, im expecting a Phili WIN.

iLoveNBA

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    as long as the 6ers play good D on Howard and dont give their shooters good looks, im expecting a Phili WIN.
    The only reason why I don't think their shooters will be hitting shots is...

1. Hedo and Shard just came off of injuries as the season ended and their shooting rhythm is probably off

2. Their backcourt is questionable as well, Courtney Lee is an inexperienced Rookie, Rafer Alston hardly ever makes any shots when he shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    Your Cavs can't even beat the Magic in Orlando so why are you saying Philly is going to win? Fall back, Magic will own them

Local High School Star visirale's Avatar

ITT: Philly fans in denial.

It will be a fun game to watch, but philly doesn't have what it takes to make this a real series. Iguadala is great, but he was the most played man in the regular season, with the #2 guy a whole 2 hours behind him. That will catch up with him.

Also Dunk Party and Block Party by Howard. Watch out if you're anywhere within two blocks of the arena, you might get hit.

iLoveNBA

Quote Originally Posted by visirale
    ITT: Philly fans in denial.

It will be a fun game to watch, but philly doesn't have what it takes to make this a real series. Iguadala is great, but he was the most played man in the regular season, with the #2 guy a whole 2 hours behind him. That will catch up with him.

Also Dunk Party and Block Party by Howard. Watch out if you're anywhere within two blocks of the arena, you might get hit.
    Dunk Party? Don't think so, 76ers have big men. Block party? Probably.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Lol @ everyone thinking the Magic are soo vulnerable.

Even most of the experts on ESPN think it's gonna be a close series... (Yeah, the same experts that predicted Boston(w/o KG) is still a gimmie to make it to teh ECF's ).... Boston cant beat Orlando w/o KG. They tried twice & loss twice.

Philly just, in general, cant beat the Magic... They've played them 3 times, and they've lost all 3 of those times. I just dont see what Philly's gonna bring all of sudden that's gonna give the Magic some kind of sudden problems. Philly can win a game or two, but I wouldn't expect it.....

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    Your Cavs can't even beat the Magic in Orlando so why are you saying Philly is going to win? Fall back, Magic will own them
    Matchups. And becuase Hedo + Rashard arent gonna be completely healthy

Local High School Star sixerfan3511's Avatar

personally, i want us to play Dwight straight up. Don't leave their shooters. The last game we played we just kept letting Courtney Lee shoot, and eventually he started making them at the end, which is why we lost. The other close loss was on a Rashard Lewis late 3 pointer. Just make them into a driving team, our defense is good at collapsing on the penetration and forcing turnovers. Orlando fans that think this is a walk in the park are mistaken.

Orlando in 5