Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: what are some movie scenes that just disturb you?

Pretty much everything Kathy Bates did in Misery.

5-time NBA All-Star

Hills Have Eyes 2, Creep (British Subway Horror Film) and Exorcist the Beginning (yes I know they are bad movies) Both featured some nasty, graphic pregnancy scenez. They included a hybrid nuclear monster/baby coming out and maggots covering the child Pazoozoo.

The Cell When J. Lo rips off the guys breast plate and his nipple skin stretch about six or seven inches forward, before they explode off. Also when the priest sticks scissors down Vince Vaughn's gut and slowly pulls his intestines out.

Gummo The entire f*cking movie. Especially the part where they're in the junkyard, and playing rabbits and indians. Seeing skinny, malnourished guys like that play some absurd ass sh!t gets to my head.

Little Miss Sunshine - Paul Dano'z punk azz trynna be like Freddy Neitschze. He ain't wurthy.

There Will Be Blood - The Church scene. Granted, I have a more or less positive view of your typical Christian, the part they slap DDL and tell "Father, to forgive him," just had me clenchin' my teeth.

I've seen AHX like ten times and neither scene has really bothered me.

When I was a young lad I found the bit in Platoon when they go into the village quite disturbing.

Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull currently tops the list though.

Quote Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
    irreversible jumps out. very disturbing at times. rape scene, etc.

Looks very real ,

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Hills Have Eyes 2, Creep (British Subway Horror Film) and Exorcist the Beginning (yes I know they are bad movies) Both featured some nasty, graphic pregnancy scenez. They included a hybrid nuclear monster/baby coming out and maggots covering the child Pazoozoo.
    yep, saw that one. Pretty grose (sp?) but as of the rest of the movie, it's pretty crappy. The first part (untill you see the "Creep") is quite good, but then it begins to show that it's just a B-film. If i was the director/scenarist of that movie, I'd gone with a Hannibal Lecter/Leatherface villain instead of a retard guy that actually looks like a hobo covered in white trash (litteraly white trash)

The Leatherface bit brings me to two of my scenes; in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Uncut Version:
    -the first one; there's this couple, and the guy gets killed by Leatherface, but the girl doesn't know. He makes a mask out of the facial skin of the guy, and when he tries to kill the girl, she actually thinks that it's her boyfriend xD
    -the second one; one of Leatherface's victims is held captive in his basement, hung on two meathooks. The basement is flooded. A woman tries to free the guy by lifting him up off the hooks, but slips. She tries to hold on to the guy's legs,falls and pulls the guy freakingly hard back on the hooks.

Other than that, there's the first Hostel-movie. There's also Hannibal, where dr. Lecter says: "I'm having an old friend for diner", after which the camera zooms out, and you can see that he's literally having an old friend for dinner; he's eating the brains out of a police officer who's still breathing

NEVER forget da SONICS RainierBeachPoet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode

Hannibal - When Hannibal, Clarice and her boss played by Ray Liotta are at a dinner table and Hannibal feeds Liotta his own brain as he cuts it out and fries it.
    )
    this was the first scene that came to my mind too

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    There Will Be Blood - The Church scene. Granted, I have a more or less positive view of your typical Christian, the part they slap DDL and tell "Father, to forgive him," just had me clenchin' my teeth.

I've seen AHX like ten times and neither scene has really bothered me.

I am in agreement when it comes to T.W.B.B. the church scene was riveting. It was cataclismically climactic.

I was also moved in a deep way over the scenes with his boy, due to the fact that my brother is also deaf. So I was in touch with the frustrating sentiment involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking_Life
    I am in agreement when it comes to T.W.B.B. the church scene was riveting. It was cataclismically climactic.

I was also moved in a deep way over the scenes with his boy, due to the fact that my brother is also deaf. So I was in touch with the frustrating sentiment involved.
    Ever saw the scene in "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" where the preacher asks the demons housing in Emily who they are? That scene gave me the CREEPS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFs9lvgUAQ8

Made that high school varsity squad

Bram Stoker's Dracula

That sex scene with the wolf-beast.

nothing comes close to the rape and post rape in irreversible for me. just demented.

after that, the audition(legs amputated with wire scene) is the second most hideous thing ive seen in film.

In Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994 version), when the creature punches Dr. Frankenstein's wife in the chest and rips out her heart and holds it in his hand and shows it to him while it's still beating. Made me cringe when I first saw it.

Edit: Here it is, at about 7:00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYnPTrI2K5U

Actually looking back at it now it's more cool than disturbing.
    Last edited by Richie2k6; 04-17-2009 at 08:24 PM.

Several scenes in The Shining, but mostly when the little kid is riding his bike around the hallways and then those two kids appear out of nowhere

This movie is nothing but a 2hour wtf inducing disturbing scene:
    Trailer for movie Gummo
    Plot Summary: Solomon and Tummler are two bored teenage boys who live in Xenia, Ohio. A few years ago, a tornado swept through it, destroying more than half the town and killing the same amount, including Solomon's father. The film, from there, chronicles the anti-social adventures these two boys have. These include sniffing glue, killing cats, having sex, riding dirtbikes, listening to black metal, and meeting a cavalcade of quirky, bizarre, and scary people. These include a man who pimps his mentally ill wife to our anti-heroes, three sisters who play with their cat and practice becoming strippers, a black midget fending off the sexual advances of a troubled man (played by the director Harmony Korine), a 12-year-old gay transvestite who is also a cat killer, Solomon's mother who seems to be the only glimpse of sanity, two foul-mouthed six-year olds, and most importantly, a nymphlike skateboarder who walks around town wearing pink rabbit ears.

Smoke something, take something, drink something and be prepared to be mindraped by this movie.

In Schindler's List at the end when Oscar freaks out and starts counting everything he has and how much more people he could've saved.

In Butterfly Effect when the bully kills the dog.

When I was younger :

Peter pan - when they lock some dude in a chest and put scorpions in it

Indiana Jones - When the evil sorcerer rips someone's heart out.

Some scenes from Saw series