Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: The James Jordan tragedy. Michael Jordan deals with the death of his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz
    but he caps it off on FATHER'S DAY! That's something you only see in the movies man.

See, I didnt even know that.

Hellbound

Default Re: The James Jordan tragedy. Michael Jordan deals with the death of his dad.

All of us have seen Space Jam, we're familiar with these events.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Well, James raped his daughter so it's hard to feel bad.
    more than that it was child abuse of the worse form..if true he deserved that bullet to his head ten fold

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    more than that it was child abuse of the worse form..if true he deserved that bullet to his head ten fold
    Disgusted, sickened, with a spoon full of sugar to make it go down. Ignored!

bruce is a joke, let him make the mj thread so it can be ignored lol
    I say everyone reply to the thread so they can be Ignored. Soon majority of the site, active posters will be on his Ignored list so he'll talk to himself. For all the love, devotion and dedication he gives MJ. You'd think he start up his own LikeMikeLike2BeLikeMike.com and have a blast enlightening the innanet world. That way we arent so ignorant, misinformed, stupid, trolls anymore. Nor does he have to scream "Hey andglar, agreed???!?".

[COLOR="White"]This is the part in the thread where brucedunce copies and paste the message you get when an Ignored poster replies.[/COLOR]

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

Like many families, it looks like there was an ugly side to James Jordan's personality that may have manifested itself in his relationship with his daughter, but I'm not going to discuss here.

As for his relationship with Michael, it's nice that Michael wanted to honor his father by playing pro baseball. But the reality of the situation is that Michael was not a pro caliber baseball player. Oh well, he had made enough eff-yew money that he could afford to indulge himself.

Having raised two kids myself that have been into athletics, I have to wonder why Michael actually felt so compelled to leave (arguably) the greatest basketball career ever during his prime to chase his father's dream, that he actually did it. I grew up loving baseball and basketball, but let my own kids try several sports and eventually choose the sports they had the most passion for. Turns out it's not baseball or basketball. I would have loved to have shared those sports with them, but if it's not their dream, I wouldn't want them to feel they should play it to please me.

OTOH, the time away from the NBA probably gave him the resolve and ability to focus on a fantastic comeback like he did.

Just the kind of quirky multi-layered sidestory to a legendary sports career that strengthens my belief that true life is far more strange and interesting than any fiction.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz
    Ignored.
    Good. You should have made this thread earlier because you suck. Now go watch replays of Jordan on ESPN Classic and never post on ISH again.

first off, pete's posts made me laugh.

secondly, i entirely agree with gts. rape of any sort - especially to your own daughter - is absolutely disgusting and the man should never, ever be glorified.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

blitz it amazes me , you have the time to do all these detailed threads and posts. Do you work ?

Tons of respect for you , but digging up something that is so much a horrorable story in MJ's life , I don't think needs to be revisited.

Best regards

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    blitz it amazes me , you have the time to do all these detailed threads and posts. Do you work ?
    I often wonder the same thing...

I feel like he should give us a back story of what kind of man James Jordan was.... Out of all the people that die a year is this the one we want to single out and view as a tragedy. There is a huge chance he raped his own daughter.

Ending eight years after it first began and five years after losing my virginity to my father, it scares me to think how much longer the abuse would have went on had I not spit out the dreadful truth to my mother during one of our many heated disagreements. Disagreements that were sometimes anything but pleasant and often featured no indication of love between the two of us.

So as she ranted and raved about how no slutty daughter of hers better get pregnant and bring any bastard children into her house. I finally heard myself saying: "If I am so much of a slut, why don't you keep your husband out of my bed?"

When I finally found the courage to let my father's deeds tumble from my lips, I did not know what to expect, but I never in a million years would have guessed that my mother would turn on me. Her words of betrayals did far more damage to me than my father's deeds. They spoke volumes to the fact that she really did not care about me, which my father obviously knew. It is because she was so expressive with her dislike for me that probably made my father know he could get away with violating me.

My father confessed his actions on the same day that I disclosed them to my mother. And on that frightful day of admission, I watched my mother, looking for a sign, any sign that she cared about me.

The memory of my father whispering in my ear during the wee hours of the night about the beauty of my body has played over and over in my head for many years. And as if that has not been incapacitating enough by itself, having to comprehend the fact that more often than not, he had just gotten out of the bed he shared with my mother to find his way to my bedroom has just added to the realization of the painful situation
    here is his daughter's take on the family situation...what a tradegy?

I don't think people are trying to disrespect in any way when they say why relive the tragedy etc. It's just that...why relive a tragedy????

I'm sure Jordan himself would not like to talk about it. It's a real personal issue. If you had a friend whose loved ones may have past and you have not seen them in a long time...you don't say hey buddy what's up. How's you been doing all this time? Heard your (fill in blank) past. That must of sucked.

That's were they are coming from is all I'm saying.

But sad story...I felt bad for Mike back then. Nobody should have to go through that period.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

and thus the slow demise of ISH.

whenever i try to get my friends to join in ISH, they invariably point to threads like this as to why they find this place to be remarkably lame.

...and why the few high-quality posters engage less and less.

rehash crap.