Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Default Re: Who is the 2nd greatest shooting guard of all-time?

Quote Originally Posted by Bush4Ever
    You keep changing your argument.

But let's examine this more closely with the four players mentioned:

1. I have already said Porter was a very good all-star quality player. No arguments there.

2. Duckworth was an all-star in 1991. True. However....
    A. His scoring dropped FIVE points from his 1991 year to 1992.
    B. His shooting percentage dropped to 46 percent from the floor. That is TERRIBLE for a big man.
    C. As a center, he grabbed 6 rebounds per game. Not even close to what an all-star quality big man grabs.

3. Danny Ainge was an all-star FOUR years previous. He never put up all-star type production in 1992 during the regular season or playoffs. Show me where all of this great production was, if you please. He was a great veteran leader, a good ROLE player, but not even approaching all-star status at any point. Like I said before, 11 and 2 in the playoffs on good shooting numbers. That is an all-star to you? Be reasonable.

4. Ditto number 3 with Cliff Robinson. Made an all-star team two years AFTER 1992, but where is his supposed all-star production? List it....directly.

The 1992 Blazers had a great backcourt, athleticism galore, and outstanding team rebounding. That's why the won so much. Not because of Drexler and "four all-stars".
    LOL, where have I changed my argument? Are you dense?

Refer to this: "Fact remains, two of them were allstars (Porter, Duckworth) one season PRIOR, one putting up allstar numbers in the playoffs (Porter) and all 4, in general, were at one point ALLSTARS." They were players who had the ability to rise their game at an allstar LEVEL.

I never said they were ALL allstars in '92. But hey, to whomever said Clyde never had an allstar type player - Porter - that championship run is clearly misinformed.
    Last edited by catch24; 05-03-2009 at 02:04 AM.

Yes I'm a Blazer fan but I'd say it in this order. MJ, Kobe, Drexler, then West.

All top three were in a more physical era and Kobe's game was so close to MJ's that I'd pick him over Drexler. Kobe hit the most unbelievable clutch shots back in the early 2000's and I saw this with my own eyes at the Rose Garden. But Drexler's third place makes me happy. He was special in his own way. Great player.

Quote Originally Posted by Bush4Ever
    You keep changing your argument.

But let's examine this more closely with the four players mentioned:

1. I have already said Porter was a very good all-star quality player. No arguments there.

2. Duckworth was an all-star in 1991. True. However....
    A. His scoring dropped FIVE points from his 1991 year to 1992.
    B. His shooting percentage dropped to 46 percent from the floor. That is TERRIBLE for a big man.
    C. As a center, he grabbed 6 rebounds per game. Not even close to what an all-star quality big man grabs.

3. Danny Ainge was an all-star FOUR years previous. He never put up all-star type production in 1992 during the regular season or playoffs. Show me where all of this great production was, if you please. He was a great veteran leader, a good ROLE player, but not even approaching all-star status at any point. Like I said before, 11 and 2 in the playoffs on good shooting numbers. That is an all-star to you? Be reasonable.

4. Ditto number 3 with Cliff Robinson. Made an all-star team two years AFTER 1992, but where is his supposed all-star production? List it....directly.

The 1992 Blazers had a great backcourt, athleticism galore, and outstanding team rebounding. That's why the won so much. Not because of Drexler and "four all-stars".
    Considering Ainge's reduced minutes his PER was around 14 in the regular season and playoffs. Putting 50+ ast + 40 rebounds in that playoffs mind you with 10ppg. I've said countless times in this thread that he might have not been an Allstar that season, but was a great player (allstar type ability) and a key one at that.