Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore BigSims2108's Avatar

Default Re: Official offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    And because Boozer will command more money than Millsap. Even though Millsap is younger and maybe just as effective as Boozer at the same age. Also, they are banking on Rodney Stuckey now. Pairing him with a young PF would be nice for them.
    Ooh. Point taken.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Lamar has gone to say he will stay in LA even for a huge paycut, he loves the city and the rockstar status he has...and hes really good friends with kobe.
    Damn that Odom and his great attitude.

I was hoping we could sign him, if LA didn't resign him.

Conley
    Mayo
    Gay
    Odom
    Gasol

Man, that looks good.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Lamar Odom said on Friday that he intends to re-sign with the Lakers this summer.
    "It would probably take an offer I couldn't refuse for me to play somewhere else," Odom said. "It would take something incredible, which I don't think is going to happen." Odom has embraced his sixth-man role and is three victories away from a championship, so there's little reason to think his position will change over the summer.
    Source: Los Angeles Daily News

I am Chris Wilcox

Well, I can see why he wants to stay in LA. He's winning, he's in a big city and the fans love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Well, I can see why he wants to stay in LA. He's winning, he's in a big city and the fans love him.
    Yes, he is a winner and he deserves a nice contract from the Lakers even tho he probably won't get it b/c they need to keep Ariza too. I heard that some griz fans look at Charlie Villenueva. Are you kidding me?!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

What about Trevor Ariza? Do you think we could get him from the Lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    What about Trevor Ariza? Do you think we could get him from the Lakers?
    I wouldn't want trevor ariza for the same reason that New Orleans shouldn't have taken James Posey last year. A great role player for a great team doesn't equate to a great role player for a good team, much less an awful team like ours.

Also if we get Ariza, we would have to play Rudy at the 4 at significat stretches (both Gay and Mayo play like 37 min a game), which would absolutely destroy us in the middle. I just don't see Ariza playing the 2.

As for Charlie, he's not much of an upgrade from Warrick... only a better scorer. Though he's definitely an upgrade, I'd prefer someone who can rebound at the 4 and not coast in the 3pt line.

I wouldn't want trevor ariza for the same reason that New Orleans shouldn't have taken James Posey last year. A great role player for a great team doesn't equate to a great role player for a good team, much less an awful team like ours.

Also if we get Ariza, we would have to play Rudy at the 4 at significat stretches (both Gay and Mayo play like 37 min a game), which would absolutely destroy us in the middle. I just don't see Ariza playing the 2.

As for Charlie, he's not much of an upgrade from Warrick... only a better scorer. Though he's definitely an upgrade, I'd prefer someone who can rebound at the 4 and not coast in the 3pt line.
    It seems to me that all of the FA 4's have a risk involved. Boozer is hurt alot. Lee can't play defense or block shots, and Charlie V is a 3pt shooting PF. Seems to me the hottest FA PF will be Millsap because he has so much potential.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by BigSims2108
    It seems to me that all of the FA 4's have a risk involved. Boozer is hurt alot. Lee can't play defense or block shots, and Charlie V is a 3pt shooting PF. Seems to me the hottest FA PF will be Millsap because he has so much potential.
    The only downside is, is that every team looking to sign a PF this summer will also notice the same things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    I'm starting to like Evans aswell. Which is a surprise, considering I really did not like him up until a couple of days ago. He doesn't have the prettiest shot, but he does look very talented.

An excellent slasher. Also, if we got Evans, I really wouldn't want him to be pushed into the PG position, because I really can't see him playing the PG spot well at the NBA level.
    I watched evans all year in his only college season. He has a horrible jump shot. And the word horrible is being nice to him. He has good size, if he is playing the poing guard spot. But if he is playing the shooting guard position (which he will in the nba) he is a bit undersized. I think he is gonna struggle in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSims2108
    I sure hope you're right, brandonislegend. I don't think I can take another bad draft by the griz.

I have a thought. Lamar Odom could become a free agent in the offseason. Trevor Ariza will also be a free agent. The only way the lakers can keep them both is that Kobe opts out and take a paycut, and I think we all know that's not going to happen. So if Odom becomes a free agent, should we just take a swing at getting this guy even though there is a great chance a contender will sign him in a heartbeat?
    He would'nt come here. We have to offer him ALOT of money. And I dont want that to happen.

I would much rather get ariza.

Have to say I dont agree with most of that statement.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Chris Wilcox anyone ? though i'd want my celtics to go after him

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    Chris Wilcox anyone ? though i'd want my celtics to go after him

Actually really like his game. He is super aggressive. But I dont think of him as a solid starter. He would be good off the bench though.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how important is it for the Griz to resign Warrick and why?