Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 LastLast

Default Re: Official offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by berraco
    Yes, but it doesn't change the things. He's not going to care about fines or whatever... I wouldn't take any risk with A.I.
    It's a really sketchy situation.

I was thinking about a possible trade. Since the trailblazers want milsap. Maybe they would trade aldridge. If the trade for randolph falls to crap. We could send conley for aldridge. Then we could sign andre miller or ramon sessions.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    I was thinking about a possible trade. Since the trailblazers want milsap. Maybe they would trade aldridge. If the trade for randolph falls to crap. We could send conley for aldridge. Then we could sign andre miller or ramon sessions.
    that deal would never happen for so many reasons.

I am Chris Wilcox

Aldridge would be an excellent piece. The Blazers can't be looking to play both Aldridge and Millsap, since Aldridge plays 35+ minutes. They also can't be looking to play either at center, since they have Oden and Przybilla eating up the minutes there.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Don't be pissed Kebab

3SOB: Did the Grizzlies have concern about Blair's health or was it something else? What went into that selection? Michael Heisley: We were concerned about his knees but the big concern was that he's a great rebounder but he's not offensive. We felt that if we had Thabeet on the floor with Blair we could not give up that much offensively. In other words it would be difficult to have two rebounding guys on the floor without real offensive capability on the floor. It would be hard to play them together and that probably carried as much as the knees did. If we had picked Rubio I think we might have picked Blair when we picked Young. By the way, I think Rubio is going to be a great player in the NBA. I don't think people are wrong about their opinions on Rubio. I know there is some question, and there has always been a question, as to whether he would come or not come [to the NBA] and I think that is why you see a lot of people contacting Minnesota to try to trade for that pick. 3 Shades of Blue

3SOB: I was out on the floor and I didn't hardly hear a single boo. I heard nothing but cheers. It was very loud and very positive at the Forum to the Thabeet pick. MH: I think the point is and like I keep saying to the fans: we have to win the fan support by winning more games. Thabeet's got to win the fans’ support by playing well. The bottom line is that it doesn't make any difference who you pick. If he doesn't play well he's going to be chastised for it pretty severely. So he's going to have a lot of pressure on him to perform and that's tough for a young guy. It's especially tough for a young big guy because that's a much tougher position. Those guys come along a lot slower. And when you've got a guy with as little experience as he has he's going to be doing a lot of learning over the next couple of years. Hopefully he'll get off to a good enough start that the fans will get behind him and support him all the way through. He's going to need the fans' support. I hope to God if he starts out making some dumb mistakes hopefully people won't start to boo him

I am Chris Wilcox

Dear lord, I think I may cry.

We were concerned about his knees but the big concern was that he's a great rebounder but he's not offensive. We felt that if we had Thabeet on the floor with Blair we could not give up that much offensively.
    Oh, but Thabeet is offensive is he? Thabeet will be lucky to average 8/8 in his rookie year. Blair may take longer to adapt, but his rebounding numbers will undoubtedly be better than Thabeet's throughout his career. Height only gets you so far. To rebound well, you have to be an animal and that's exactly what Blair is, he takes no prisoners on the boards. Not to mention the fact that Blair completely destroyed and humiliated Thabeet in their matchup a couple of months back, where Blair literally tossed that lumbering oaf around. Hell, Thabeet may as well have just put on a dress and pranced around the court for that game, because he was absloutely pathetic.

In other words it would be difficult to have two rebounding guys on the floor without real offensive capability on the floor. It would be hard to play them together and that probably carried as much as the knees did.
    BS excuse. You get the rebounds, you control the game. It's the way it has always been. It doesn't matter if Thabeet and Blair don't provide much offensive power. We have more than enough fire power at the 2 and 3 to make up for it. The defense and rebounding from the 4 and 5 with Blair and Thabeet, would have kick started so much fast paced offense with their ability to make the outlet pass.

If we had picked Rubio I think we might have picked Blair when we picked Young.
    Like that is suppose to make anyone feel better. So, when he's (Heisley) proving how much of an idiot he is, by not taking Blair, at the exact same time, he manages to prove why he is such an idiot as to why he passed on Rubio.

Not to mention, all I kept hearing about before the draft was, "forget the roster, you pick the best player available". Really? So in Heisley's f*cking head, Thabeet > Rubio?

I think the point is and like I keep saying to the fans: we have to win the fan support by winning more games.
    Are you f*cking kidding me? This coming from the same guy who wants to bring in Iverson and Randolph? Does this guy even know what's going on in his own f*cking mind?

This coming from the same guy who has pretty much wet himself at the thought of bringing in the big names, "Iverson" and "Randolph", just so he can put butts in the seats? Because they sure as hell are not going to bring us that many more wins.

[QUOTE]Thabeet's got to win the fans

Is this free agency gonna pass without us signing someone?????????

And no don't sign someone just for the heck of it. I don't want any more Brian Cardinals

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Is this free agency gonna pass without us signing someone?????????

And no don't sign someone just for the heck of it. I don't want any more Brian Cardinals
    If the Randolph trade doesn't work out (apparently there might be some health issues), then I think we might sign someone, possibly David Lee. Other than that, we might sign a defensive PG or something, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    that deal would never happen for so many reasons.
    Yeah I know but it would be awesome

I don't get picked last at the park anymore BigSims2108's Avatar

Here's a hypothetical situation. Say the Z-bo trade was called off, right? And the jazz are looking to move Boozer. What if we sent the Jazz S&T Warrick, Jaric, the rights to Miles, and rights to Juan Carlos Navarro to the Jazz for Boozer? I seriously doubt the jazz would do this, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSims2108
    Here's a hypothetical situation. Say the Z-bo trade was called off, right? And the jazz are looking to move Boozer. What if we sent the Jazz S&T Warrick, Jaric, the rights to Miles, and rights to Juan Carlos Navarro to the Jazz for Boozer? I seriously doubt the jazz would do this, but you never know.
    Yeah I guess so

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Whatd I miss? What Z-Cancer deal?

The Zach Randolph trade will become official on friday. So everyone can stop saying" what if it dosent go through".

If a guy is on our summer leagues team... do we have his rights?

Yes, this is Marcus Williams related

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    If a guy is on our summer leagues team... do we have his rights?

Yes, this is Marcus Williams related
    No. Right after the league ends that player can sign anywhere. We would obviously be the first team to try and sign the "player" if we wanted them. But said "player" could be offered a spot from the knicks and go play for them instead.