Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Official offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigSims2108
    Unless Rudy starts to develop a lesser role and the Griz go out and build a strong bench and a physical PF, the griz will always be where they are right now. So moving Rudy is something I don't want to see happen, but you got to do what you have to do.
    That all depends on the contract extension talks, this is what caused trade rumors throughout last summer with Okafor,Gordon,Ellis,Biedrins,Smith,and others.

We want to get Rudy signed to a contract extension but it would have to be convenient for us and for him, there is no way we offer the MAX to Rudy.

I like a 4/$44 Million Dollar Extension for Rudy starting at the end of next season, but he might view a chance at cashing in in 2010 due to the amount of teams clearing cap room.

Only 1 team can land LeBron, but some team will be willing to make a promising 24 year old SF as their Franchise player in order to spend the money they had saved for that summer.

If we trade Rudy hopefully its for Chris Bosh, I dont believe the hype of him leaving in FA to go to a bigger market because Bosh has never striked me as a guy who needs the spotlight of a big city like New York.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    I recently read that the front office didn't like the effect that Darius Miles was having on Mayo with his off the court lifestyle so I doubt they would trade for a guy who has a history of staying in trouble as well and plus he's 29 and often injured. No thanks.
    What?

Darius got booked for weed, after the season was over.

OJ got booked for weed during his Sr year of High School.

I just hope that the Grizzlies FO is not falling for the "OJ is such a good high character young man....He grew up poor ya know" story that USC fell for when we signed him.

OJ does what he wants to do, I dont think anyone's off the court lifestyle affects OJ Mayo personally.

I would like to get ariza or von wafer as well.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore BigSims2108's Avatar

I just thought of something. If the griz want to take a swing and try to sign David Lee, they should give it a try. I mean, if the Knicks want to go after Lebron and Bosh in 2010, they pretty much need Lee to go. Know what I'm saying?

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by BigSims2108
    I just thought of something. If the griz want to take a swing and try to sign David Lee, they should give it a try. I mean, if the Knicks want to go after Lebron and Bosh in 2010, they pretty much need Lee to go. Know what I'm saying?
    If we can't get a decent big through the draft, then sure, we should take a run at him.

Yeah I agree. There is no point in making a trade for lee or any of the other pf's that are restricted free agents. We have the most money and most of the pf's( Lee, Milsap, and Villenueva) are all on teams that wont be able to match offers.

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    Yeah I agree. There is no point in making a trade for lee or any of the other pf's that are restricted free agents. We have the most money and most of the pf's( Lee, Milsap, and Villenueva) are all on teams that wont be able to match offers.
    Here's another question we should ask ourselves. Do we want a scoring and rebounding PF or a defensive PF? Because those PFs that can do both are all-stars. (some of them...)

Rudy and mayo are our main scoring options. We need a power forward who can get boards and keep guards from getting easy lay ups in the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    Rudy and mayo are our main scoring options. We need a power forward who can get boards and keep guards from getting easy lay ups in the paint.
    Agreed. I'm glad we are on the same page!

I am Chris Wilcox

We definitly need a rebounding and defending PF.

The Grizz are one of the worst rebounding teams in the league (if I am remembering right). I'm sure everyone got excited when Arthur went out and got 15 boards in his first game and then 10 boards in his second game. I for one was thinking maybe we got ourself a gem here, but it didn't workout like that. If we keep him, then I think he can develop a bit more, he's got the foundations to build a somewhat respectable game, he just needs to build on that and grow.

But, he should not be our first option, we need someone much better and then we can bring Arthur off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    We definitly need a rebounding and defending PF.

The Grizz are one of the worst rebounding teams in the league (if I am remembering right). I'm sure everyone got excited when Arthur went out and got 15 boards in his first game and then 10 boards in his second game. I for one was thinking maybe we got ourself a gem here, but it didn't workout like that. If we keep him, then I think he can develop a bit more, he's got the foundations to build a somewhat respectable game, he just needs to build on that and grow.

But, he should not be our first option, we need someone much better and then we can bring Arthur off the bench.
    Yeah dude, you are remembering right. Trust me, I watched almost every game this past season and our rebounding has gotten only SLIGHTLY better since Marc got here. He's pretty much the only one who is going up for rebounds. Let's think of this. Lee is a dbl-dbl guy, but he doesn't play defense. Boozer, who I think is going to Detroit anyway, is also a dbl-dbl guy, but his defense still needs a little work. Maybe of all the free agents we should take a run at first is probably Millsap. It might be like Deja vu with Josh Smith of last year, but it's worth a shot. Then we should get a veteran back up point guard like Brevin Knight or Anthony Johnson to help Conley develop and go from there. Thoughts?

I have been saying we needed milsap since he season ended. Im still thinking about who we need to back up conley. Ofcourse we really want know which way were headed until draft night.

If we trade up for griffin then we wont need to sign a pf. If we dont than are main concern will be a pf. We wont need to worry about a back up pg.

If Rubio decides to stay in Europe, I think we should just take the best available and take Thabeet. As for our other pick, Hansbrough is more of a back up SF or PF. He's like an upgrade to Darrell Arthur. From what i've seen, he could drop our way, but we would have to move Darrell if that happened. Looks like we have to get our PF through free agency. I personally think we should go after these players in this order.
    1. Millsap
    2. Boozer (If the Pistons or Thunder don't have him by then)
    3. David Lee
    4. Villineueva
    Let's see what Chris Wallace does. I hope Heisley stays out of the offseason plans and let Wallace handle this. What do y'all think?

I just want us to be active

Banned

Milsap.

Hopefully we can get him for 5/$35 Million because I'm sure Detroit will make a bigger offer if they lose out on Boozer.