Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Should Rondo's foul on Miller have been flagrant?

Di Cks!

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by burnsy87
    Did you see the phantom fouls on Davis' and 1's? Did you see how everytime Rondo touched the ball there was a foul called? Did you see Rose get his ARM blocked on a layup and there was a no call? At least Allens were "technically" fouls. These blown calls were blatant.

This was the last play of the game. For the win or the loss or the tie. I guarantee you that Rondo could have undercut miler, then kicked him in the face and there would have been a no call.
    You must have seen all that with your homer glasses on.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Too much respect? If anything they weren't showing him ANY by actualing thinking they could check him with single coverage. Why Noah didn't double when he was behind the 3 point line in beyond me. You're better than that, Del Negro.
    That is what I meant I guess.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24
    Riiiiiight

You write a lot to say I don't have any examples because it has never happened. Typical case of an idiot talking out his ass.
    Have you never seen a technical in your life? Before the flagrant, everything was a technical--like I said you haven't watching basketball long enough. Regardless, the definition of the technical is purposely vague so that the ref can interpret it for the usage in the game. Obviously flagrant would have been far too excessive in the context of the game.

Look at any technical called in this league, it's the most ambiguous foul called in the league. I've seen refs used it for unsportsmanlike conduct to using it as a medium between a flagrant and a regular foul. But I mean, I guess you just don't watch enough basketball.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

ISH has no long term memory. Miller had to miss the second FT on purpose. So really what happened was he missed one free throw--after getting wacked in the head.

Suddenly he's a chump, he's a choker, he's a nobody. I hear Indian Guy on the other thread saying he'd rather have Gordon take a three with five guys on him than have Miller touch the ball. On here everyone acting like Miller is a scrub.

Please. Miller averaged 15 10 5 for nearly a whole season with the kings a few years back. he got game. he's no greg ostertag.

he missed one free throw. granted it was crucial, but ISH people are the best at making claims and judgments based on what just happened. Then the next day it's a new claim and judgment.

ISH after game 1, "OMG RAY ALLEN IS WASHED UP"

ISH after game 2 and 4 "OMG RAY ALLEN IS GOD"

Wade was "done" last year but now half the board thinks he's better than Lebron.

Last edited by EricForman; 04-28-2009 at 10:47 PM.

Certified ISHiot.

The officiating in the second half of this game was horrendous in both directions. There were tons of BS calls made against both teams. I think that last play probably should have been a flagrant 1 based on the way they always call it. Rondo didn't make a play on the ball and just smacked Miller across the face. That's almost always called a flagrant.

Saw a basketball once

how was that NOT flagrant?

yes. derrick rose got robbed.

Brad should have said he couldn't go back in the game... And Anthony Roberson or Linton Johnson could have come in and been heroes.

Dunking on everybody in the park jason816's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    ISH has no long term memory. Miller had to miss the second FT on purpose. So really what happened was he missed one free throw--after getting wacked in the head.

Suddenly he's a chump, he's a choker, he's a nobody. I hear Indian Guy on the other thread saying he'd rather have Gordon take a three with five guys on him than have Miller touch the ball. On here everyone acting like Miller is a scrub.

Please. Miller averaged 15 10 5 for nearly a whole season with the kings a few years back. he got game. he's no greg ostertag.

he missed one free throw. granted it was crucial, but ISH people are the best at making claims and judgments based on what just happened. Then the next day it's a new claim and judgment.

Just like after game 1, "OMG RAY ALLEN IS WASHED UP"

after game 2 and 4 "OMG RAY ALLEN IS GOD"

Just like how Wade was done last year but now half the board thinks he's better than Lebron.

Post of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    I dont think Rondo intentionally tried to whack Brad in the head.

Just like after game 1, "OMG RAY ALLEN IS WASHED UP"

after game 2 and 4 "OMG RAY ALLEN IS GOD"

Just like how Wade was done last year but now half the board thinks he's better than Lebron.

Great post

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5
    You must have seen all that with your homer glasses on.
    Clearly you were watching with your homer glasses on. I already admitted there were bad calls both ways, but the ones i mentioned in my last post were terrible calls. Go ahead SHOW me where rose touched davis on his second and 1.

And seriously just look at the video that was just posted. It is obvious that he purposely hit his face. There is no doubt int he world that this is a flagrant. I hope these refs NEVER officiate a playoff game again. If they want Boston to win THAT BAD then just say it at the beginning, and not even play the ****ing game.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

ISH after game 1, "OMG RAY ALLEN IS WASHED UP"

ISH after game 2 and 4 "OMG RAY ALLEN IS GOD"

Wade was "done" last year but now half the board thinks he's better than Lebron.

Yes, a true olympian. Did you post this in the wrong thread? I like your stuff, but this is pretty random.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by catzhernandez
    Brad should have said he couldn't go back in the game... And Anthony Roberson or Linton Johnson could have come in and been heroes.

That would have been hilarious....Was him picking the players to shoot a playoff rule or something? I remember earlier in the season someone getting hurt in another game and the best free throw shooter came in for him.