Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: Can the Rockets beat the Lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by mbell75
    Its not being cocky. Anyone with working eyes could see the Lakers played one of the worst games of the year and were still only down 5-6 points all night. Simple logic says when the Lakers make most their open shots as they almost always do, Rockets will lose, even playing as well as they did last night.
    Hmmm, two can play this game :).

-Scola's jumper was off, hesitated and passed up a few open looks leading to turnovers.
    -Von Wafer was frustrated by Vujacic, I'm sure he'll adjust in game 2 (our leading scorer from bench)
    -Shane Battier wasn't gunning from downtown.
    -Carl Landry had a subpar performance as well

Hmm, see it's not that hard to play this game. Just thought I'd let you know.

Now, I expect you to continue trolling away.

Quote Originally Posted by mbell75
    Ok, so you are expecting Von Wafer, Scola or one of the other Rocket scrubs to go off and play well and carry this team to a win if yao and Artest have off nights? Face it, you got lucky and caught the Lakers after a full week off and rusty as hell, it wasnt your "defense". Lakers were missing wide open shots, fumbling the ball, missing put backs, bricking free throws etc...Good luck if you think that will happen to them again.
    I bet you have a list of excuses written down for everytime the Lakers Lose and Get Outplayed . You are ridiculous

Rusty as hell???? They had Fresh Legs, Ass!

We had more Turnovers than the Lakers, who was RUSTY????

AND, yes I do see Lowry, Scola, Wafer & Landry Stepping up HUGE in this series.

Do you wanna bring up your scrub bench

The Lakers Ran into a DEFENSE!!!
    Just Accept A LOSS, Its OK
    Last edited by brandonman; 05-05-2009 at 04:31 PM.

I rule the local playground darius15's Avatar

I think the Rockets answered this question yesterday night.

I understand we are not the Better team or the Team favored to win. If I were to bet, Id put money on the Lakers, but I don’t bet, and surely not against my team.

And I will not sit here and claim anything (Rockets in 6 or Rockets 7) Not my style, It will end how it ends....Frankly NOBODY GIVES A DAMN WHAT YOUR PREDICTIONS ARE!!!

BUT I will not sit here and Let Laker Fans think that They Saw the best of the Rockets Last Night. Because as a True Rockets Fan, we should have played better, we can play better, and I hope we DO play better!

We do not have a Lebron, or a Brandon Roy, or a Kobe. We have to work the ball around. We don’t have an offensive weapon who can single handedly take over a game. We don’t have a deep bench, we don’t have a back up center.

We have heart, we have hunger, we have sportsmanship, we have hope and a pretty solid group of guys who know how to play well together. I know all That wont guarantee us a win..... But having a Lebron, Roy, or Kobe does not guarantee you a win either!

BUT WE CAN STILL WIN THIS DAMN SERIES!
    Last edited by brandonman; 05-05-2009 at 05:02 PM.

Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

Quote Originally Posted by brandonman
    It was a prediction bro, Lakers played like crap in game 1 and Houston deserved the win. I judge my prediction on what I saw from Houston this year but they came in and surprised. Lakers will still win this series IMO but Houston have proven to be a damn good team and now it will be tough. Houston took advantage of L.A's long layoff very well.

props to your team.

Hey everyone, just got back from space.

There's no way Rockets can beat the Lakers. L.A. in four. Book it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Hey everyone, just got back from space.

There's no way Rockets can beat the Lakers. L.A. in four. Book it!!!!!

Whoever said that, was flat out tripping anyway. Ive never thought Houston was a slouch team that would just flat out get swept. But I sure as hell still dont see them winning the series altogether.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    Hmmm, two can play this game :).

-Scola's jumper was off, hesitated and passed up a few open looks leading to turnovers.
    -Von Wafer was frustrated by Vujacic, I'm sure he'll adjust in game 2 (our leading scorer from bench)
    -Shane Battier wasn't gunning from downtown.
    -Carl Landry had a subpar performance as well

Hmm, see it's not that hard to play this game. Just thought I'd let you know.

Now, I expect you to continue trolling away.

I think you make a good point, but it's a comparison that should be made at the team level, not inividual.

Lakers as a team played way below their usual standards.

As a team the Rockets played very well, closer to their best than to average..

That's how i see it at least.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    I think you make a good point, but it's a comparison that should be made at the team level, not inividual.

Lakers as a team played way below their usual standards.

As a team the Rockets played very well, closer to their best than to average..

That's how i see it at least.
    I completely agree with you, the Lakers played like sh!t. Lets remember though that they are playing one of the best defensive teams in the league. You can blame some of the bad play on rust, but obviously the Rockets worked yall's asses of as well.

This is all I want, credit where credit is due. I haven't read through any of this thread except the last two pages so please forgive me in advance if you have given credit already. I'm not really picking on you but it seems that some are just saying the Lakers were sluggish because of the long rest. The Rockets also had a 4 day rest as well, might not be a week, but that is pretty good time to knock you off your game.

Da Mavs

I completely agree with you, the Lakers played like sh!t. Lets remember though that they are playing one of the best defensive teams in the league. You can blame some of the bad play on rust, but obviously the Rockets worked yall's asses of as well.

This is all I want, credit where credit is due. I haven't read through any of this thread except the last two pages so please forgive me in advance if you have given credit already. I'm not really picking on you but it seems that some are just saying the Lakers were sluggish because of the long rest. The Rockets also had a 4 day rest as well, might not be a week, but that is pretty good time to knock you off your game.
    Yeah, I gave the Rockets credit for playin well in the Game 1 thread. I've been hearing trash talk backfire on me all day from friends since I'm livin in clutch city

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Yeah, I gave the Rockets credit for playin well in the Game 1 thread. I've been hearing trash talk backfire on me all day from friends since I'm livin in clutch city
    Lol, oh wow. I would hate that as a fan. I think personally I would just go hide in my cubicle. I hate getting an earfull after my team losses especially when there is high expectations of them.

Da Mavs

Lol, oh wow. I would hate that as a fan. I think personally I would just go hide in my cubicle. I hate getting an earfull after my team losses especially when there is high expectations of them.
    yeah at first i was like STFU!!! haha then i calmed down a bit and kind of accepted it as karma since I'm always teasing my friends that are rockets fans when they lose a game.

Saw a basketball once Downtown LA's Avatar

There are a lot of Brandon's on this site... two Laker Brandons and this one.

Learning to shoot layups

I was impressed by Hou last night. I don't get a cance to watch much NBA during the season, but they looked really solid. Yao's baseline turnaround is damn near unguardable. And he had some beautiful spin moves for dunks. If he plays like this every night, I think they could win it all. Artest played really well also, and he seems to bring a winning attitude to the team, sort of like Billups in Den. I liked their chemistry.

The one area where they are a little sketchy, is the bench. They don't seem to have many big bodies. That could be their downfall if Yao gets into foul trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by OnePeat
    I was impressed by Hou last night. I don't get a cance to watch much NBA during the season, but they looked really solid. Yao's baseline turnaround is damn near unguardable. And he had some beautiful spin moves for dunks. If he plays like this every night, I think they could win it all. Artest played really well also, and he seems to bring a winning attitude to the team, sort of like Billups in Den. I liked their chemistry.

The one area where they are a little sketchy, is the bench. They don't seem to have many big bodies. That could be their downfall if Yao gets into foul trouble.
    It really is unfortunate that Deke went down. Hopefully everything will be okay for these playoffs. :)