Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Default Re: Can the Rockets beat the Lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by mbell75

yea, ok homer. Yao and Artest both shot over 50% and if you think they are going to shoot that well the rest of this series, you are in for a rude awakening. They both played pretty much as well as they can. Yao had 28, Artest had 21 on very good shooting nights. If you think Yao is going to put up 35-40 and Artest is going for 30+, you are dreaming.

Your two best players played the best they will in this series and your role players stepped up too. Lakers couldnt hit the side of a barn, especially from three where they were 2-17. That basically all has to happen 3 more times for the same results and I am sorry but it wont.
    wow is this game 1 of round 1 again? talk about deja vu....

Why is it okay for someone to talk trash about a particular team, yet when a person wants to defend their own team, it makes them a "homer?"

So essentially, a laker fan making valid points is written off in comparsion to a non-fan making a valid point? Only the non-fan can be correct in this scenario, but the fan, is bias, or a HOMER or whatever the fu*k because hes a fan?

Some of you are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Why is it okay for someone to talk trash about a particular team, yet when a person wants to defend their own team, it makes them a "homer?"

So essentially, a laker fan making valid points is written off in comparsion to a non-fan making a valid point? Only the non-fan can be correct in this scenario, but the fan, is bias, or a HOMER or whatever the fu*k because hes a fan?

Some of you are idiots.
    Examples?

The real Jeff

Yes, the Rockets can absolutely beat the Lakers.

I've been worried about the Lakers since mid-season. They started out the year playing inspired basketball and right after the Boston/Cleveland road trip they lost their enthusiasm. We don't have a reliable defense, our bench is inconsistent, and some nights we play 8 guys and other nights we play 11 guys.

A couple other things I'm worried about:

- Derek Fisher is beginning to show his age. That should be expected, the problem is that Jordan Farmar's game has disappeared and we're relying on Shannon Brown, who has next to no experience.

- Who's going to start, Andrew Bynum or Lamar Odom? I know Phil wants to work Andrew back into the mix, but he's not 100% healthy and I don't think he understands how important the playoffs are. His defense left a lot to be desired last night.

I'm not convinced they have the mental toughness to win an NBA Championship. I hope they prove me wrong.

Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    It was a prediction bro, Lakers played like crap in game 1 and Houston deserved the win. I judge my prediction on what I saw from Houston this year but they came in and surprised. Lakers will still win this series IMO but Houston have proven to be a damn good team and now it will be tough. Houston took advantage of L.A's long layoff very well.

props to your team.
    Its all good. I know.

Its good to finally chat with a Lakers Fan who is not an idiot.

Props Brother

[QUOTE=brandonman]I understand we are not the Better team or the Team favored to win. If I were to bet, Id put money on the Lakers, but I don

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror

Some of you are idiots.
    Check your fellow Laker Fan mbell....He seems quite confused.

Saw a basketball once

I am a laker fan, with the way the rockets play last night. It is pure sure the the rockets will win the series!

lol at laker fans for thinking they were going to sweep the rockets in the first couple pages of this thread

Local High School Star

[QUOTE=brandonman]
    Maybe the Lakers could not hit the side of a barn because the Rockets played this thing....what

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    They've been solid on d all year long. Yao pretty much turned Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum into jump shooters. I don't think I saw Bynum get one easy bucket close to the rim. All his points were off jump shots. Sure he hit a couple but you'll live with that if you're Houston. Pau Gasol was hitting that little jump hook with ease against Utah's front line. When his inside game is on, it gives him more confidence in his jumper. Yao wasn't letting him get position for that little jump hook so he was forced into becoming a jump shooter. Those easy drives to the rim Lamar Odom was getting against Utah was not there against Houston. The Rockets have two guys that can make things difficult for Kobe and they did a great job last night.

Oh and I think Cleveland put to rest tonight the idea that a long layoff was the reason the Lakers lost. They had a much longer layoff and they came out and handled business.
    REPPED, GREAT POST!

The real Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    They've been solid on d all year long. Yao pretty much turned Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum into jump shooters. I don't think I saw Bynum get one easy bucket close to the rim. All his points were off jump shots. Sure he hit a couple but you'll live with that if you're Houston. Pau Gasol was hitting that little jump hook with ease against Utah's front line. When his inside game is on, it gives him more confidence in his jumper. Yao wasn't letting him get position for that little jump hook so he was forced into becoming a jump shooter. Those easy drives to the rim Lamar Odom was getting against Utah was not there against Houston. The Rockets have two guys that can make things difficult for Kobe and they did a great job last night.

Oh and I think Cleveland put to rest tonight the idea that a long layoff was the reason the Lakers lost. They had a much longer layoff and they came out and handled business.
    It was a combination of both. The Rockets played good defense, but the Lakers missed a lot of shots they usually hit. If Trevor Ariza or Derek Fisher had hit their 3's in the 4th quarter the outcome might have been different.

I'm worried about the Lakers, but people are getting ahead of themselves. I'm not convinced Yao Ming will put up 28 and 10 in the series and Ron Artest will definitely not shoot over 50% in every game.

Saw a basketball once

Lakers is done for the season thats for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by UCLA - Lakers
    It was a combination of both. The Rockets played good defense, but the Lakers missed a lot of shots they usually hit. If Trevor Ariza or Derek Fisher had hit their 3's in the 4th quarter the outcome might have been different.
    I'm worried about the Lakers, but people are getting ahead of themselves. I'm not convinced Yao Ming will put up 28 and 10 in the series and Ron Artest will definitely not shoot over 50% in every game.
    While I agree with you, The Rockets should have done many things differently to where those threes would not have even made a difference.

They had several chances to run off with that game. We missed several open looks as well.

I agree, People are getting ahead of thierselves, most of them are not Rockets fans, rather just Lakers Haters.

BUT...Yao may very well have a great series so I could see him w/ a double double every night, NOT SAYING HE WILL, But it is very possible, he is our go to guy.

Also, Scola was absent minded in Game 1, let him get rolling too, he will Impress as well.

Lastly, Be careful with that word "Definitely" its a huge word(Like Never & Always), and while its very unlikely for Artest to Shoot 50% thru-out, its NOT Definite that he wont

Quote Originally Posted by conrad
    Lakers is done for the season thats for sure!!