Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast
    The real Jeff

Default Re: Can the Rockets beat the Lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by brandonman
    While I agree with you, The Rockets should have done many things differently to where those threes would not have even made a difference.

They had several chances to run off with that game. We missed several open looks as well.

I agree, People are getting ahead of thierselves, most of them are not Rockets fans, rather just Lakers Haters.

BUT...Yao may very well have a great series so I could see him w/ a double double every night, NOT SAYING HE WILL, But it is very possible, he is our go to guy.

Also, Scola was absent minded in Game 1, let him get rolling too, he will Impress as well.

Lastly, Be careful with that word "Definitely" its a huge word(Like Never & Always), and while its very unlikely for Artest to Shoot 50% thru-out, its NOT Definite that he wont
    Yao Ming's definitely capable of averaging 28 and 10, the only reason I don't think he'll keep up that production is because he only averaged like 10 shots in the 1st round. If the Blazers can keep the ball out of Yao's hands, then so can the Lakers.

Should be a good game tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by UCLA - Lakers
    Yao Ming's definitely capable of averaging 28 and 10, the only reason I don't think he'll keep up that production is because he only averaged like 10 shots in the 1st round. If the Blazers can keep the ball out of Yao's hands, then so can the Lakers.
    Should be a good game tomorrow.
    Agreed, Agreed, & Agreed!

Thats where we need Scola & Brooks to step up.

To Tomorrow

Saw a basketball once Gifted Hands's Avatar

Lakers are overrated, I think they still have the best chance to win the finals, but the rockets will not just lay down and die like the jazz, In fact i think whoever wins tomorrow wins the series.]

MP: Rockets in 4.

Quote Originally Posted by mbell75
    Ok, so you are expecting Von Wafer, Scola or one of the other Rocket scrubs to go off and play well and carry this team to a win if yao and Artest have off nights? Face it, you got lucky and caught the Lakers after a full week off and rusty as hell, it wasnt your "defense". Lakers were missing wide open shots, fumbling the ball, missing put backs, bricking free throws etc...Good luck if you think that will happen to them again.
    Well Wafer did average 17 points against the Lakers in the regular season, and Scola averaged 16 points against the Blazers, so I wonder who is underestimating who.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by UCLA - Lakers
    It was a combination of both. The Rockets played good defense, but the Lakers missed a lot of shots they usually hit. If Trevor Ariza or Derek Fisher had hit their 3's in the 4th quarter the outcome might have been different.

I'm worried about the Lakers, but people are getting ahead of themselves. I'm not convinced Yao Ming will put up 28 and 10 in the series and Ron Artest will definitely not shoot over 50% in every game.
    True, Derek Fisher is a great clutch shooter, especially when he's wide open. I'm still not sold though on Trevor Ariza being a knockdown 3pt shooter. He's definitely improved since the beginning of the year, but still, if you're an opposing team, you probably won't feel too worried about Ariza getting an open three here and there.

As long as the Rockets feed Yao the ball all game long like they did last night, he will put up big numbers. Whether they will or not is the question. One of their biggest problems is their tendency to go away from him for long periods of time. If they fall into that trap, the Lakers need to capitalize.

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

This is the series to watch this playoffs. I think the Lakers would have their hands full with these Rockets. They have no one who can stop Yao. Aaron Brooks is a clutch performer and is really showing people who doubted the trade of Rafer. 2 solid defenders who can guard Kobe ALL game. even if Kobe hits 30 but it took him 30 shots to do it, the Rockets will take it all day. I'm taking the Rockets in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifted Hands
    Rockets in 4.

wooo

Saw a basketball once

[QUOTE=brandonman]I understand we are not the Better team or the Team favored to win. If I were to bet, Id put money on the Lakers, but I don

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I see the Lakers coming out tonight flying and giving 110% this game is huge for them.

Could you imagine if the Rockets gained a 2-0 series lead with the series heading back to Houston? All hell would break loose.

I look forward to watching Fisher trying to contain Brooks.

Kobe Bryant:

"Last year we kind of had a cakewalk to the NBA finals, it feels good to be tested a little bit,

Quote Originally Posted by gemesis
    Really?

What is your point, just trying to tally up some posts?

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    wooo
    He is not even a Rockets Fan.

I dont see many Rockets Fans claiming anything.

We know who we are and what we are up against.

This is the Lakers Year before its the Rockets. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I see the Lakers coming out tonight flying and giving 110% this game is huge for them.

Could you imagine if the Rockets gained a 2-0 series lead with the series heading back to Houston? All hell would break loose.

I look forward to watching Fisher trying to contain Brooks.
    I agree, I see a complete meltdown by the Rockets tomight.

It may be a battle but I have a strong feeling the lakers will take this, and even if they dont, being down 2-0, IM STILL NOT GIVING THIS SERIES TO THE ROCKETS, just yet, maybe 3-0 or 3-1.

I have watched entirely too much Rockets Basketball over the last few seasons to think they wont blow ANOTHER 2-0 lead coming back to the Toyota Center.

Shane Battier:

Even though Bryant had an off-night shooting (14-of-31 for 32 points), Battier expects the guy he describes as

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandonman
    I agree, I see a complete meltdown by the Rockets tomight.

It may be a battle but I have a strong feeling the lakers will take this, and even if they dont, being down 2-0, IM STILL NOT GIVING THIS SERIES TO THE ROCKETS, just yet, maybe 3-0 or 3-1.

I have watched entirely too much Rockets Basketball over the last few seasons to think they wont blow ANOTHER 2-0 lead coming back to the Toyota Center.

I wouldn't say I see a meltdown for the Rockets tonight, But I have a feeling the Lakers are going to be spot on there game. I think this game is going to kinda give us an idea how the series is going to pan out.

I wouldn't give the series to the Rockets up 2-0 either if they win, but that would be HUGE.