Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 264
  1. #16
    Land of Ownst Juges8932's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,645

    Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

    Can the Rockets make the series interesting? Yes. Can they beat the Lakers? <10% chance. Will they beat them? No.

  2. #17
    Houston Texan SCREWstonRockets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Clutch City 2K9
    Posts
    4,000

    Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

    Rockets in 4. Kobe sucks, Pau is soft, Lamar is dumb, Phil looks like the KFC guy, Sasha is a wimp, Luke is Luke and Bynum is overrated. Am I missing anything? Oh yeah, they have Adam Morrison.

  3. #18
    Moderator All Net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    20,383

    Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    ???
    Yao 7'4"
    Scola 6' 10"
    If Scola is 6'10 then I'm 7'2.

  4. #19
    NBA sixth man of the year
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,577

    Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

    Let us see the match-ups...

    Brooks - Fisher (gonna be hard for Fish to guard a much faster PG with really fresh legs)

    Artest - Kobe (good match-up... when is the last time a superstar has gone up against arguably 2 of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA?)

    Battier - Ariza (not really a great match-up because both are defensive oriented)

    Scola - Odom (we all know Odom is going to have a very tough time guarding Scola because he's a very deceiving post scorer - all Scola needs to do is take Odom to his right and that's it)

    Yao - Gasol (best match-up... a game of finesse which will be beautiful to see)


    Rockets in 7

  5. #20
    Wait and See lilgodfather1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,196

    Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

    They could beat them, in fact I hope they do but I seriously doubt they will.

  6. #21
    What set you claim? KenneBell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the green like a crouton.
    Posts
    4,985

    Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

    Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    Let us see the match-ups...

    Brooks - Fisher (gonna be hard for Fish to guard a much faster PG with really fresh legs)

    Artest - Kobe (good match-up... when is the last time a superstar has gone up against arguably 2 of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA?)

    Battier - Ariza (not really a great match-up because both are defensive oriented)

    Scola - Odom (we all know Odom is going to have a very tough time guarding Scola because he's a very deceiving post scorer - all Scola needs to do is take Odom to his right and that's it)

    Yao - Gasol (best match-up... a game of finesse which will be beautiful to see)


    Rockets in 7
    Nice way to simply those matchups.

  7. #22
    College superstar Allstar24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    4,827

    Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

    ...no they won't. I don't even need to explain why. The Lakers always give one away so I'll say Lakers in 5.

  8. #23
    Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Land of 16 NBA Championships
    Posts
    11,113

    Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

    Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    If Scola is 6'10 then I'm 7'2.
    nba lists him at 6'9"...he is just as big as Odom.

  9. #24
    NBA Finals
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,849

    Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...


  10. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    free wop
    Posts
    4,634

    Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

    Here's how it goes. If Kobe is shutdown Rockets have a chance if not. LAkers.

  11. #26
    NBA sixth man of the year
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,577

    Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    ...no they won't. I don't even need to explain why. The Lakers always give one away so I'll say Lakers in 5.
    Yea This is the reason people hate Laker fans. Because you have idiots like yourself with the ability to get on the internet and use a keyboard. If only they required a license to post online. That way we could weed out the retards and the psychos.

  12. #27
    Houston Texan SCREWstonRockets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Clutch City 2K9
    Posts
    4,000

    Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    Here's how it goes. If Kobe is shutdown Rockets have a chance if not. LAkers.
    I rather have the Rockets shut down his teammates rather than Kobe himself. Lakers have a much better W/L record when he takes less than 20 shots.

  13. #28
    College superstar Allstar24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    4,827

    Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

    I don't need anybody's permission to say what I think. I think the Lakers will beat the Rockets in 5. That is MY opinion because I have confidence in my team.


  14. #29
    GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

    Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

    Houston probably won't win. They've got a lot of really underrated players, especially their big men (just because they're short doesn't mean they aren't effective; all of Houston's power forwards are tough as nails and really strong, just look at their per-40 numbers if you don't believe me), with Scola probably being the most underrated player in the entire western conference, but that's just not going to be enough. What Houston would need to be able to win would be an elite perimeter threat, maybe someone with a strong all-around game who can draw fouls, create off the dribble, and force Kobe to work on defense. Maybe someone who's nickname sounds a little bit like He-Man...

    LA in six, even though I'll be rooting for Houston to prove me wrong.

  15. #30
    NBA sixth man of the year
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,577

    Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

    So say "I don't think they will..." and not "no they won't" as if you're the authority in NBA games. Just face it that your opinion is skewed and twisted. That's the main reason nobody takes you seriously. Learn to make an unbiased opinion from time to time, and then people will start respecting you. Maybe people in RL too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •