Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
    owwwww

Default Re: LeBron James named NBA MVP today

If Lebron doesn't win this year, it will be a pretty big chokejob. He's got the best team, home court, the best team defense, an all-star and the best combination of shooters in the league. Cavs are easily the favorite, it would take a Nowitzki-esque choke from Lebron for them to lose.

C A V A L I E R S

Default Re: LeBron James to be named NBA MVP today

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    In bold thats the weakest argument ever. Something a kid would say.

Of course you find it hard to believe. You're a Cavs fan.
    Only LeBron knows what he's going to do. I'm just pointing certain things out, reasons why I believe he will stay. Sure, he could sell his gigantic house, pack up his things and leave the Cavs forever. But it seems like he's too in love with Akron to ever leave the area.

Anyway, congratulations LeBron! Now break the curse!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    If Lebron doesn't win this year, it will be a pretty big chokejob. He's got the best team, home court, the best team defense, an all-star and the best combination of shooters in the league. Cavs are easily the favorite, it would take a Nowitzki-esque choke from Lebron for them to lose.
    The Lakers zone will be his undoing...

Knicks 2010 Champs

The Lakers are easily the favorite. LeBron is the best player in the NBA. But the Lakers have the best team. Take out Kobe from the Lakers and that team could still steamroll the West and win 55 regular season games.

I gotta tell you guys, the idea of CAVS vs LA in the finals is completely insane to me. I REALLY hope it goes down like that.

LeBron had one 3rd place vote. WTF ?

Knicks 2010 Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    LeBron had one 3rd place vote. WTF ?
    Probably that idiot Mark Jackson. Or Jemele Hill? Does she get a vote?

Player, Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Total

LeBron James, Cleveland 109 11 1 - - 1,172
    Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers 2 56 52 8 2 698
    Dwyane Wade, Miami 7 50 41 17 4 680
    Dwight Howard, Orlando 1 3 17 63 23 328
    Chris Paul, New Orleans 2 1 9 23 51 192
    Chauncey Billups, Denver - - - 6 15 33
    Paul Pierce, Boston - - 1 2 10 21
    Tony Parker, San Antonio - - - 1 6 9
    Brandon Roy, Portland - - - 1 4 7
    Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas - - - - 3 3
    Tim Duncan, San Antonio - - - - 2 2
    Yao Ming, Houston - - - - 1 1

Banned

Default Re: LeBron James to be named NBA MVP today

Quote Originally Posted by SRZ66
    wow, i want to know the 12 idiots who didnt vote 1st for him. he honeslty covered every conceivable critera requirement for mvp this year. there isnt a single valid argument that any other player deserved it an yet almost 10% of the voters didnt think so?
    The Culprits:

owwwww

Quote Originally Posted by BallersTalk
    The Lakers are easily the favorite. LeBron is the best player in the NBA. But the Lakers have the best team. Take out Kobe from the Lakers and that team could still steamroll the West and win 55 regular season games.
    at Lakers winning 55 without Kobe. Who is going to score on the perimeter for them? Who is creating shots for Pau, Fisher, Ariza, Vujacic and the rest of the bench? There is a reason all the guys that come to LA shot 5-10% higher.

I've seen the Lakers play once without Kobe this season, when he fouled out against the Bobcats and I've never seen a team unravel that quickly. It was painful to see how awful Pau and Bynum were when the help defender could help on them instead of keeping an eye on Kobe. IMO the team wins 35-40 wins in the West.

The Time Haters strike again.

An Icon Forever

Does anyone think there is a double standard; how many first place votes did Kobe get in 2005-2006 compared to Wade getting first place votes this season?

hah, okay, lets not be outrageous now....Lebron was the obvious MVP this year, but the Lakers are NOT a 55 win team without Kobe. Thats just absurd.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    The Time Haters strike again.
    Oh the Horror, what can I say about your avatar that hasn't already been said about Afghanistan- bombed out and depleted

Knicks 2010 Champs

at Lakers winning 55 without Kobe. Who is going to score on the perimeter for them? Who is creating shots for Pau, Fisher, Ariza, Vujacic and the rest of the bench? There is a reason all the guys that come to LA shot 5-10% higher.

I've seen the Lakers play once without Kobe this season, when he fouled out against the Bobcats and I've never seen a team unravel that quickly. It was painful to see how awful Pau and Bynum were when the help defender could help on them instead of keeping an eye on Kobe. IMO the team wins 35-40 wins in the West.
    Have you watched the Lakers? They're probably the only team with that many players on offense with the ability to create. Odom, Pau, Fisher...None of them need help creating shots. And they can create shots for their teammates. I've seen on several occasions where the Lakers built/extended leads while Kobe was on the bench. Phil's brilliant triangle helps Kobe more than it does the other players because it gives him room to operate without the defense being able to focus in on him. If you want to see the real Kobe without all this help (even though he did have a lot of help anyway at the time), look no further than '04-'05. That's the real Kobe. 34 wins.