Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    owwwww

Default Re: LeBron James named NBA MVP today

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    hah, okay, lets not be outrageous now....Lebron was the obvious MVP this year, but the Lakers are NOT a 55 win team without Kobe. Thats just absurd.
    Pau had a MUCH better team assembled than this and he was in his absolute prime and he won 45-50 games while going 0-12 in the playoffs. But somehow with a less balanced and less talented team he'd lead them to 55 wins

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    If Lebron doesn't win this year, it will be a pretty big chokejob. He's got the best team, home court, the best team defense, an all-star and the best combination of shooters in the league. Cavs are easily the favorite, it would take a Nowitzki-esque choke from Lebron for them to lose.
    Lakers?????

If Lakers doesn't win this year it will be a pretty big chokejob

Okay, but even the Cleveland RESERVES took a full headed Sixers team to the LIMIT.

The RESERVES alone!

I dont think Cleveland, without Lebron gets enough credit.

Local High School Star

Pau had a MUCH better team assembled than this and he was in his absolute prime and he won 45-50 games while going 0-12 in the playoffs. But somehow with a less balanced and less talented team he'd lead them to 55 wins
    Much better? How? The second best player was James Posey. Who was a 6th man when he moved to contending teams.

Knicks 2010 Champs

Not one player on those Memphis teams is better than Lamar Odom. Fisher i probably one of the Top 5 defensive PGs in the NBA and a knockdown shooter. BTW, Pau IS in his absolute prime. We all know how much you love Kobe but let's get real. He has a lot of help. And he's in the perfect situation. If the Lakers don't win it all this year, it's because as I've always believed, Kobe's not good enough to be the best player on a championship team. Greatest second fiddle ever, though.

Knicks 2010 Champs

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Okay, but even the Cleveland RESERVES took a full headed Sixers team to the LIMIT.

The RESERVES alone!

I dont think Cleveland, without Lebron gets enough credit.
    In a meaningless regular season game? Whooopeeee. BTW, the Cavs lost that game.

owwwww

at the idiot who thinks Fisher can consistenly create and make his own shot on a respectable FG%. Odom is too inconsistent and Pau has always been the type of player who is going to be unable to take over games. He works well when he can pick his spots (that's why he shooting career high FG%) but he is not someone you can expect to get you points when needed. I remember seeing Pau get absolutely shut down in the playoffs during the Grizzly days.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    Does anyone think there is a double standard; how many first place votes did Kobe get in 2005-2006 compared to Wade getting first place votes this season?
    1st place votes :

Kobe in 05-06 : 22
    LeBron in 05-06 : 16

Kobe in 06-07 : 2

LeBron in 07-08 : 1

Wade this year : 7

C A V A L I E R S

Quote Originally Posted by BallersTalk
    Yeah, with Bron, Mo, Z, and Joe Smith resting, they lost by 1. Iggy and Miller each played 40+ minutes. I really don't even consider this game a loss. Szcerbiak almost had a triple-double with 21-8-8!

Why do people ALWAYS have to ruin every thread??? This is NOT ABOUT KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D*MN some of you have friggen one track minds. You guys REALLY make ISH a f*cked up place a LOT of the time lately.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Congrats to Lebron the Cavs and their fans.[/FONT]

owwwww

Not one player on those Memphis teams is better than Lamar Odom. Fisher i probably one of the Top 5 defensive PGs in the NBA and a knockdown shooter. BTW, Pau IS in his absolute prime. We all know how much you love Kobe but let's get real. He has a lot of help. And he's in the perfect situation. If the Lakers don't win it all this year, it's because as I've always believed, Kobe's not good enough to be the best player on a championship team. Greatest second fiddle ever, though.
    Dude, his memphis teams almost always had 5 or 6 guys average more than 10 ppg. They had Posey, Battier and many solid defenders and were rated as a top 5 defense during those days. at ANYONE who thinks Lakers would be a top 5 type of defense without Kobe.

They won 50 games with him averaging 17/8 on 48%. You are actually dumb enough to believe he carried that team?

The Sixers were fighting for a playoff standing, so it wasnt meaningless to them. They were actually trying! And they won by one point against the reserves, which i think is a testament to how good the Cavs are as a whole.

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

Not like this was a secret congrats to Bron

High School Varsity 6th Man

Are Laker/Kobe fans getting scared or something? Some of them trying to push their "Kobe has a worse team" agenda already. I have never in the history of this game seen a player as good as Kobe need so many excuses to be made by his fans.

he deserves it. now, go win a championship and move to new york. don't get behind schedule, lebron.