Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Default Re: Yao Ming out for rest of playoffs with left foot hairline fracture!

Quote Originally Posted by BallersTalk
    I think he thinks a hairline fracture is a bad haircut.
    I've had a stress fracture before, and been able to play basketball on it for weeks, before actually finding out what it was, it is painful, but you can certainly play through it, in fact the pain decreases once you've warmed up, and although it'll hurt a lot after the game, there's plenty of painkillers he could be given.

Quote Originally Posted by macforever
    I'm pissed how this team get injured every goddamn time. I really believe a healthy rockets team with Yao and t-mac could beat the Lakers easily
    whatever make u feel better bro

Da Mavs

Bad news...we can only wonder how much longer Yao can take all these injuries.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

This **** is ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    I've had a stress fracture before, and been able to play basketball on it for weeks, before actually finding out what it was, it is painful, but you can certainly play through it, in fact the pain decreases once you've warmed up, and although it'll hurt a lot after the game, there's plenty of painkillers he could be given.
    Uh, wouldn't continually playing on a stress fracture for weeks just endanger yourself of getting an even more serious fracture later on? I think that's what the Rockets are trying to avoid Yao getting, to give his all out against the Lakers only to injure himself next season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta

are you a 7'5, 300 pound mant with a multi-million dollar contract who would like to continue his career and not end it in this series ?

Well it could get worse, but if it did they could sit him down then and he'd still be ready to go by next season. It's the type of thing that gets progressively worse, but isn't suddenly going to turn into an ultra serious injury.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

sucks for houston. I bet chamillionare is pissed. Im pissed. Yao needs to drink more friggen milk or something.

This is terrible for Yao, who is a great player and person.

I can't help but think that the Lakers got the easy road though. Yao gave EVERYTHING to the Portland series, which made an easy second round for LA, especially after this.

I called it at the beginning of the playoffs. Against Portland, either the Rockets wouldn't advance, or Yao would break down the round after. He was a ****ing warrior against Oden and Przybilla.

Kobe is the assassin KobeRules24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JordanL
    This is terrible for Yao, who is a great player and person.

I can't help but think that the Lakers got the easy road though. Yao gave EVERYTHING to the Portland series, which made an easy second round for LA, especially after this.

I called it at the beginning of the playoffs. Against Portland, either the Rockets wouldn't advance, or Yao would break down the round after. He was a ****ing warrior against Oden and Przybilla.
    They weren't beating the Lakers with or without him but i really feel bad for Yao, the guy has worked so hard only to get injured time and time again

High School Varsity 6th Man justin43's Avatar

As a basketball fan, this is sad to see a star leave on either team. This series was already in the Laker's favor. Now, it is not looking bright for the Houston Rockets.

College superstar

The rockets have such awful luck with injuries, they have barely had the chance to really shine this year. I hope Yao AND T-MAC can make a full recovery for next season.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Well, it's usually one season ending injury a season, but this season it was T-mac first, then Mutombo's career and now Yao. Honest the basketball Gods most be pretty ****ing pissed at the Rockets, because this is getting ridiculous. There's only so much you can take and still have hope.

I feel so bad for Yao, to finally stay healthy for the season and make the second round, only to lose it all to that same left foot. I can see it in his face in the game right now, Rockets are playing great, and he just can't seem to crack a smile.

I'm not even that unset about this, because I've seen it too often before, I just feel sorry for the players. Yao, McGrady and the whole team, they have all seen this too often as well, and it really is mentally tiring. We just can't seem to make it out of a season without some kind of major injury.

National High School Star

Default Re: Yao out for the season?

****ing Kobe, ruined Yao's career!

Local High School Star Johnni Gade's Avatar

What a shame :\