Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Default Mark Cuban yells at K-Mart's Mom...

Mark Cuban getting into the spirit of mother's day a day early...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=4157481
    BEGIN
    The NBA is reviewing a postgame confrontation between Mark Cuban and the mother of Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin during which the Dallas Mavericks owner referred to Martin as a "thug" or a "punk," according to a report in The Denver Post.

Cuban told the Denver newspaper by e-mail that as he walked off the court after the Mavericks' Saturday night loss in Dallas, he saw Martin's mother, Lydia Moore, as a fan was yelling that the Nuggets were "thugs."

"That includes your son," Cuban said to Moore, according to his e-mail to The Post.

Martin's agent, Brian Dyke, had a different take on the incident, The Post reported. According to Dyke, an unprovoked Cuban told Moore, "Your son is a punk."

Either way, NBA spokesman Tim Frank told the paper the "situation on the floor postgame is being reviewed."
    END

Fun Stuff. What the NBA should really review is what drug Antoine Wright is taking that putting two hands up in the air in the NOT ME position signifies that you took a foul.

Default Re: Mark Cuban yells at K-Mart's Mom...

cant say i disagree with puban

Learning to shoot layups BirdNasty's Avatar

HAHAHA, great stuff. Cuban and his Mavs should stay home....This series is over. Sweep that court

Now if Kenyon Martin punches Mark Cuban out then what? Thats someone mom. You dont disrespect mothers. Cuban was wrong. His version doesnt even seem accurate. Kmart mom was yelling "Nuggets are thugs!". Huh? Shut up. Cuban was obviously pissed off when the game ended. Even shoved a camera man and you can see him mouthing off to someone off in the stands.

NBA sixth man of the year

He was right, but you don't say that to the guy's mom. That's pretty disrespectful. I know Cuban is an emotional, passionate owner, but he messed up there.

And for the record, yes, I do think Kenyon Martin is a "punk" and a bit of a "thug", but honestly, his team needs that. You need that to go deep in the playoffs. Just ask the Knicks when they had Anthony Mason and Charles Oakley. You need those guys. Cuban really doesn't have one right now and I'm sure he wouldn't be throwing those words out if someone like that played for his team.

Oakley is never called a thug tho on this site. How is Oakley not a punk nor a thug. But Kmart is. I'm lost. People embrace the days of the Bad Boys. Featuring dirty players. Yet when todays players mimick it they are punks and thugs? Why couldnt they be considered the same things you called Oakley and guys of his caliber back then. Lets keep in mind Oakley couldnt do what he did in todays game. He took would have to have some form of resistence given consequences, punishments.

Just curious.

Sidenote: The things that irked me about Kmart was much like Alonzo. This flexing of the bicep and mean muggin. Kmart would often catch an ally oop then throw punches at the ball as it bounced. Cant stand that. lol
    Last edited by GOBB; 05-11-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Now if Kenyon Martin punches Mark Cuban out then what? Thats someone mom. You dont disrespect mothers. Cuban was wrong. His version doesnt even seem accurate. Kmart mom was yelling "Nuggets are thugs!". Huh? Shut up. Cuban was obviously pissed off when the game ended. Even shoved a camera man and you can see him mouthing off to someone off in the stands.
    What you said. K-Mart's mom yelling WE THUGS WE THUGS and then Cuban makes a witty comment on it to her. WTF....sounds fishy...

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    What you said. K-Mart's mom yelling WE THUGS WE THUGS and then Cuban makes a witty comment on it to her. WTF....sounds fishy...
    Lol nah it's just a strange sentence

he (cuban) saw Martin's mother, Lydia Moore, at the same time some random fan was yelling that the Nuggets were "thugs"
    and that was when he said: "that includes your son"

... I didnt get it either at first..

Gotta show some respect to mothers. I think that was pretty fckn low by Cuban..

So was Martin's mom saying her son's team was playing "dirty" or thugz as in my sons team consists of Tupacs?

Edit: never mind it was another fan who said it. Yeah thats a weird sentence
    Last edited by Sanity; 05-11-2009 at 12:18 PM.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

I'm not a K-Mart fan...but if he smashed Cubans bloated face for that I'd consider it wholly justified. There are lines you don't cross...Cuban's pansy tantrum crossed one of the biggest ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    Lol nah it's just a strange sentence

and that was when he said: "that includes your son"

... I didnt get it either at first..

Gotta show some respect to mothers. I think that was pretty fckn low by Cuban..
    Damn good catch.

I would tear Cuban up. He think he is the ish when all he is, is a buff nerd.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Stay classy Cuban!

Still can't believe he wasn't fined for shoving the cameraman.

Banned

Cuban should get fined for pushing the cameraman doing his tirade.

I just thought the whole thing was a lot of fake anger on Dallas's part, because honestly, i would be pissed at Antoine Wright cause he went out of his way to make it look like he DID NOT FOUL (he also didn't tell the refs the team planned to foul, no one did) and then they got all upset, and then after the game all the hysterical bull**** they pulled, it was ridiculous.