Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Mark Cuban yells at K-Mart's Mom...

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Oakley is never called a thug tho on this site. How is Oakley not a punk nor a thug. But Kmart is. I'm lost. People embrace the days of the Bad Boys. Featuring dirty players. Yet when todays players mimick it they are punks and thugs? Why couldnt they be considered the same things you called Oakley and guys of his caliber back then. Lets keep in mind Oakley couldnt do what he did in todays game. He took would have to have some form of resistence given consequences, punishments.
    He's not called a thug on this site because he doesn't play in the NBA anymore, and most of the people that post here probably weren't old enough to know the Charles Oakley of the Knicks days.

But whether or not he is called a thug or a punk doesn't change the fact that he was. And so were guys like Rick Mahorn. And when I say "thug", I don't mean in the literal, street sense. He's not stealing old ladies' purses or robbing liquor stores. I mean on the court. But like I said, there's nothing wrong with that. That's his role. He plays exactly the way I'd want him to play if he were on my team.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    He's not called a thug on this site because he doesn't play in the NBA anymore, and most of the people that post here probably weren't old enough to know the Charles Oakley of the Knicks days.

But whether or not he is called a thug or a punk doesn't change the fact that he was. And so were guys like Rick Mahorn.
    Ok that makes sense.

You come out of your hole when Hou ties it up? j/k lol

Ok that makes sense.

You come out of your hole when Hou ties it up? j/k lol

Nah, they're still going to lose. I hope they don't, but I know better.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

real classy cuban!

Certified ISHiot.

That's pathetic, Cuban.. Like Gobb said, you need some guys with attitude like KMart to get anywhere in the playoffs. The Mavs really could use some "thugs" on their roster.

Damn Cuban… I've always been a fan of him but going a bit too far here… Leave Kenyon's mom out of it.

In other things, I cannot group K-Mart in the same class of guys like Mahorn, Oakley, Mason, X-man… they were some real ruff necks. K-mart is a different generation of "tough guy" but not a ruff neck like the olden days… Guys like Oak and Mahorn were enforcers.

I think K-mart get some of his "thug" label from being insubordinate… clashing with Karl and authority…

Certified ISHiot.

[QUOTE=Sonic R]Damn Cuban

[QUOTE=Sonic R]In other things, I cannot group K-Mart in the same class of guys like Mahorn, Oakley, Mason, X-man

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    I still don't understand why KMart is labeled by many as a "fake thug" whereas these other guys are considered real enforcers. What makes Kenyon fake and these other dudes real?
    Well, for one, Charles Oakely has been arrested on multiple occasions. Once for refusing to put on a shirt while dancing in a Miami night club.

I wouldn't really call Rick Mahorn a thug. He was more a bully-type. Anthony Mason got into some legal trouble, too. I'd group him in with Oakley.

I can't think off hand of anything Martin's gotten into off the court. I wouldn't call the guy a "fake thug". I think it's just that players in the league aren't as hard as those guys of the late 80s/early 90s were. A lot of that societal and such.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Well, you are right. Kenyon is a bit more skilled than those players (save for X-Man and maybe Mason). Guys like Oakley and Mahorn were out there specifically to be enforcers and be rough, and I don't think K-Mart is has that type of a role. You really can't have that Oakley/Mahorn-type in the NBA anymore, like GOBB said. Why else does Danny Fortson not have a job? The NBA phased his type out with the way the game is officiated now.

Those guys would smack K-Mart around, in my opinion. But players like K-Mart or Kendrick Perkins are about as close as you'll get to an "enforcer" these days.
    For sure.
    The pussification of the league essentially phased out the old ruff necks.
    Guys like K-mart and Perkins are the new generation of enforcers.

Danny Fortson shoutout. Man i forgot all about dude.

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    I still don't understand why KMart is labeled by many as a "fake thug" whereas these other guys are considered real enforcers. What makes Kenyon fake and these other dudes real?
    I never called K-mart a "fake thug"

not surprised, cuban just being himself.

Certified ISHiot.

[QUOTE=Sonic R]I never called K-mart a "fake thug"

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

Oakley is never called a thug tho on this site. How is Oakley not a punk nor a thug. But Kmart is. I'm lost. People embrace the days of the Bad Boys. Featuring dirty players. Yet when todays players mimick it they are punks and thugs? Why couldnt they be considered the same things you called Oakley and guys of his caliber back then. Lets keep in mind Oakley couldnt do what he did in todays game. He took would have to have some form of resistence given consequences, punishments.

Just curious.

Sidenote: The things that irked me about Kmart was much like Alonzo. This flexing of the bicep and mean muggin. Kmart would often catch an ally oop then throw punches at the ball as it bounced. Cant stand that. lol
    Oak is just a bad mother ****er. Oak would not look to fight some one weak or small he would go after the biggest badest mother on the court and kick their ass. Oak was the man. K-Mart is a wantabe and Cuban is a straight up punk ***** for going to the guys mother. Personally I would kick his ass and if K-Mart truly was a thug he would too.

P.S. whats up GOBB been a while.