Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    lol niko agreed
    i'm not unreasonable i think! Let's just not discuss that actually..

This whole thing irks me though. The Knicks, us the fans, we are ****ted on by our team, by our owner, the people he hires, and have basically had a season that wasn't a total disaster simply because the new GM seems to actually have a plan. That was our big win this year. Having a coherent plan between GM and Coach.

Winning the lottery would be a miracle and so great. I 99.9% doubt it, i doubt it more than the actual chance we have. But the thought is nice.

And yet, despite that we sucked and have nothign good for year upon year upon year someone comes with the theory that we are not allowed to have anything good happen because that would be the league cheating. If the league is going to cheat for us could they ****ing have started years ago when it would have really helped us?

So any other team's fans, lottery dreams are ok. Knicks, no - they would be cheating. That's ridiculous. What the **** is that? We aren't allowed to have something good happen?

The Knicks have a 10% chance of getting a Top 3 pick. So geez, it COULD actually happen. It's not a freakin' conspiracy. Knicks moving into a Top 3 spot are about the same odds of rolling a 10 on your first try if rolling two dice. IT'S POSSIBLE.

If everyone understood how the actual ping pong balls are selected, they would realize that fixing it would be virtually impossible. It's done with a 4 number code....read about it.

Banned

This whole thread basically reads "Ricky Rubio is white so he will suck". There is way too much racism allowed in this forum.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

I wouldn't mind if the Knicks win and draft Rubio only if the Clippers get the 2nd pick and take Blake Griffin

Banned

Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Michael Beasley, Chris Paul, Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Yao Ming all entered the draft as better TALENTS than Ricky Rubio. To make my point more clear if we can isolate these players NBA status/success and focus solely on the hype around each prospects talent entering the NBA draft? They ALL would rank over Ricky Rubio. Yet NONE of those players were given to the NY Knicks. So the NBA is going to give the NY Knicks franchise the #1 pick so they can take Ricky Rubio. When they passed over this MAJOR MARKET with BETTER TALENT. Makes sense.
    You think these guys are better talents than Ricky Rubio?

Its not just that I think they do it depending on where a team is at at a certain point like where the Knicks were this season and how close they are becoming to be competitive.

Almost as much sense as Tim Duncan going to the SPURS instead of Philadelphia or Boston. Why wouldn a dominant big man prospect not go to these cities rather a city that already HAD a top big man in Drob?
    Since 98' it has been tweaked.
    Boston not getting Duncan was a sign they needed to do something drastic or select Yi.

Why wouldnt the NBA rig the lottery for Boston and Chicago when Greg Oden and Kevin Durant were drafted? Thats twice the NBA didnt give Boston a bigtime prospect big man. You see how I am bytchslapping your silly argument?
    Because they wanted Oden in Portland, they already had an up and coming PF in Aldridge and the addition of Oden would give the Blazers a new Twin Towers.
    Not to mention Nike is based out of Oregon, and it gives them a much more accessible way to promote the Blazers.

Durant went to Seattle, and im sure they thought it would be great to re-invent the Blazers-Sonics rivalry with their 2 young stars.

Memphis is actually the team that was screwed the most because we had the worst record, the best chance in the Lottery, and yet the #1 and #2 picks went to the teams with the 5th & 7th worst records.Portland had statistically a .053 chance to get the #1 pick and any way of that happening would be a miracle but there is no way something that unlikely comes out on the 1st try.

If you want to predict the NYK want Ricky Rubio over any draft prospect? Fine. But do not tell me the NBA lottery is rigged for certain teams where numerous arguments say otherwise.
    Keep them coming.

NYK have never drafted within the top 3 where the cream of the crop talent is often projected to be. Why if the lottery is rigged? Makes zero sense. How is Derrick Rose any more marketable than OJ Mayo?
    Because Derrick Rose is more marketable because of his style of play, and because hes in a major market like Chicago which just happens to be his hometown.

Mayo was drafted by Minnesota then traded to the Memphis Grizzlies. Why didnt the NBA care about his future in marketability and promoting him? They could have rigged the draft so the NY Knicks would get OJ Mayo who was more popular than Derrick Rose. Again your argument makes no sense.
    Mayo isnt highly marketable at all, he lacks any ounce of personality, and im sure the NBA did not know that Minnesota would draft and trade Mayo.
    Im sure the NBA thought they could promote a Mayo-Jefferson duo if they ever became successful.

And when NYK dont win the lottery or end up with a top 3 pick. You'll have another bogus reason for it wont you? Of course. A conspiracy theorist always has a backup save face plan.
    Nope after the Draft everything will come full circle to me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    you know i thought you were trying to be tounge in cheek here but you honestly are just dumb. So, the Bulls, the Magic, other teams in history can somehow overcome the odds, but the Knicks, they cannot, because that would be cheating. You do know the odds of them in the top 2 are like 4%. FOUR PERCENT. That's not impossible. There have been far less likely scenarios which have occured. That makes no sense.
    Its not cheating, the NBA just organizes it in a way and yeah the Lottery was rigged for Orlando & Chicago to draft Howard & Rose.

The Knicks every year send a giant contingent. NY Papers hope for a #1 pick. NY Fans hope for the pick. And it doesn't happen. BUT, in this case, in a weaker draft, if it happens (after it just happend last year and the year before) a higher seed getting the #1 pick will be NY. Because NY can't win the lottery.
    I just have a gut feeling that this is the year, where else better in the NBA among lottery teams could they better promote a PG from Spain than in New York playing for the Knicks.

Just because you decided to follow what the Knicks did this year doesn't mean it's strange behavior. It just you picking things out of your ass to defend your theory.

The lottery process dictates any of the teams can win it. Some of them have a small chance comparitively. But its not getting hit by lightning or winning lotto small. It's just unlikely small.
    I've always followed the Knicks, they were once my favorite team.

I'm not sure if you are trying to be a troll, are just so dumb that the simple math eludes you, or just want there to be a conspiracy so badly that you ignore all facts. But I'm just at a total loss that after being totally ***** slapped to reality with facts you KEEP coming back again with the same argument.
    Keep them coming.

Im not trolling, I can literally make an argument for almost each #1,#2,#3 picks since 1998' to show you how the NBA organizes it in such a specific way.

You dont have to believe it, and I've said wait and see the Lottery this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Its not cheating, the NBA just organizes it in a way and yeah the Lottery was rigged for Orlando & Chicago to draft Howard & Rose.

I just have a gut feeling that this is the year, where else better in the NBA among lottery teams could they better promote a PG from Spain than in New York playing for the Knicks.

I've always followed the Knicks, they were once my favorite team.

Keep them coming.

Im not trolling, I can literally make an argument for almost each #1,#2,#3 picks since 1998' to show you how the NBA organizes it in such a specific way.

You dont have to believe it, and I've said wait and see the Lottery this evening.
    If you predict something unlikely, and it happens, it doesn't mean it's a conspiracy, it just means you got lucky. Are you like a retard? Something that has a 5% chance of happening is far from impossible.

And a lot of your theory seems to rest on the Knicks picking Rubio. I hate to break it to everyone, that was a blurb from the post that SI.com featured in rumors, ie - a reporter made some **** up and reported it as facts. If the knicks get the #1 pick they are picking BLAKE GRIFFIN, and no one else.

NBA lottery pick

Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Michael Beasley, Chris Paul, Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Yao Ming all entered the draft as better TALENTS than Ricky Rubio. To make my point more clear if we can isolate these players NBA status/success and focus solely on the hype around each prospects talent entering the NBA draft? They ALL would rank over Ricky Rubio. Yet NONE of those players were given to the NY Knicks. So the NBA is going to give the NY Knicks franchise the #1 pick so they can take Ricky Rubio. When they passed over this MAJOR MARKET with BETTER TALENT. Makes sense.

Almost as much sense as Tim Duncan going to the SPURS instead of Philadelphia or Boston. Why wouldnt a dominant big man prospect not go to these cities rather a city that already HAD a top big man in Drob?

Why wouldnt the NBA rig the lottery for Boston and Chicago when Greg Oden and Kevin Durant were drafted? Thats twice the NBA didnt give Boston a bigtime prospect big man. You see how I am bytchslapping your silly argument?

If you want to predict the NYK want Ricky Rubio over any draft prospect? Fine. But do not tell me the NBA lottery is rigged for certain teams where numerous arguments say otherwise.

NYK have never drafted within the top 3 where the cream of the crop talent is often projected to be. Why if the lottery is rigged? Makes zero sense. How is Derrick Rose any more marketable than OJ Mayo? Mayo was drafted by Minnesota then traded to the Memphis Grizzlies. Why didnt the NBA care about his future in marketability and promoting him? They could have rigged the draft so the NY Knicks would get OJ Mayo who was more popular than Derrick Rose. Again your argument makes no sense.

And when NYK dont win the lottery or end up with a top 3 pick. You'll have another bogus reason for it wont you? Of course. A conspiracy theorist always has a backup save face plan.
    why do you waste your time arguing with little kids ol'e chump?

Banned

If you predict something unlikely, and it happens, it doesn't mean it's a conspiracy, it just means you got lucky. Are you like a retard? Something that has a 5% chance of happening is far from impossible.
    But on the first try it goes against the 95% chance of it not happening.
    Thats good to believe miracles basically happen in terms of the Lottery but the Lottery shapes teams futures, and marketing giants pay close attention to it.

And a lot of your theory seems to rest on the Knicks picking Rubio. I hate to break it to everyone, that was a blurb from the post that SI.com featured in rumors, ie - a reporter made some **** up and reported it as facts. If the knicks get the #1 pick they are picking BLAKE GRIFFIN, and no one else.
    They'll take Rubio, history has proven that you take an Elite PG prospect over an Elite SF/PF prospect.
    Where would the Bulls be if they took Beasley over Rose?
    Now where would the Hawks be if they took Paul/Deron over Williams?

History does not lie, if you have a chance to land an Elite PG prospect you take them 10/10 times unless there is an Elite C prospect(Oden) or a Once in A Generation prospect(LeBron) at a position available.

I like their Forward core of DG,Chandler,Q-Rich,and Harrington thats solid but adding Griffin would cause the Knicks to have to move one of them in a trade or make Chandler & DG back-ups.

Maybe its because Im very high on Wilson Chandler but a good PG who can get him the ball could help turn Chandler into one of the top 5 SF's in the NBA.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH
    Ouch.
    The NBA literally hand delivered them a choice of Williams,Paul,or Felton because due to their record they couldn't get lower than the 3rd pick.

They take Marvin Williams.

Very good player and could possibly develop into a star in an upgraded role, but they would have been better sooner with the addition of Williams or Paul.

Not to take anything away from Mike Bibby, but a Chris Paul/Joe Johnson/Josh Smith core from Day 1 would have a better chance of reaching a NBA Finals than Bibby/JJ/Josh Smith.

But on the first try it goes against the 95% chance of it not happening.
    Thats good to believe miracles basically happen in terms of the Lottery but the Lottery shapes teams futures, and marketing giants pay close attention to it.

They'll take Rubio, history has proven that you take an Elite PG prospect over an Elite SF/PF prospect.
    Where would the Bulls be if they took Beasley over Rose?
    Now where would the Hawks be if they took Paul/Deron over Williams?

History does not lie, if you have a chance to land an Elite PG prospect you take them 10/10 times unless there is an Elite C prospect(Oden) or a Once in A Generation prospect(LeBron) at a position available.

I like their Forward core of DG,Chandler,Q-Rich,and Harrington thats solid but adding Griffin would cause the Knicks to have to move one of them in a trade or make Chandler & DG back-ups.

Maybe its because Im very high on Wilson Chandler but a good PG who can get him the ball could help turn Chandler into one of the top 5 SF's in the NBA.
    Dude if you think a 5% chance of something happening constitutes a miracle then you honestly are retarded and I really shouldn't bother anymore. 5%. Not .00005%. 5%. Did you see when Bagelred explained to you that's like rolling a 10 on the dice? Miracle?

The education system in this country is truly crap i tell you.

College superstar

If Blake goes to the Thunder as the #1 pick then yeah, it's rigged for the home town hero.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH
    I remember saying something during the Olympics like "...All the Americans, especially black Americans, talking sh!t on Rubio, would flip their opinion 180, if they were Told Ricky Rubio was from the South Bronx...."

That would be a miracle because we all know the Bronx had never produced any good athlete.

...With the Knicks drafting him, he'll be a hero to all the LAtin Kids in the BX, bushwick, Corona, etc.
    Latin kids, & white kids maybe.

The NBA literally hand delivered them a choice of Williams,Paul,or Felton because due to their record they couldn't get lower than the 3rd pick.

They take Marvin Williams.
    Yup, probably one of the strangest and dumbest choices in recent history. The Hawks needed a PG badly, they have 2 amazing ones to choose from, and they choose another swingman which they had plenty of. Now they still need a PG.

Never understand it.

Banned

Dude if you think a 5% chance of something happening constitutes a miracle then you honestly are retarded and I really shouldn't bother anymore. 5%. Not .00005%. 5%. Did you see when Bagelred explained to you that's like rolling a 10 on the dice? Miracle?

The education system in this country is truly crap i tell you.
    Thats not entirely the case.

How a team with a 5% chance gets the #1 pick and a team with a 9% chance to get the #2 pick gets the #2 pick.

That in my opinion is a miracle or such a highly unlikely occurence espescially in a Lottery of only 14 teams using pinballs.