Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 142

Thread: Poor Blake Griffin

  1. #16
    Saw a basketball once tdotraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: Poor Blake Griffin

    Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Zach Randolph, Baron Davis, and Mike Dunleavy are not.
    + 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000

    i feel bad for him, i wanted him to be drafted by okc, his hometown

  2. #17
    Stare bagelred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    26,893

    Default Re: Poor Blake Griffin

    If Clippers take Griffin, its poor Rubio!!!!!!!!

    For a guy who wanted to live and play in NY, an Italian guy, stuck in OKC or Memphis for 4 years!!!!!!


    It's like a bad sitcom.

  3. #18
    NBA lottery pick BlazersDozen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    5,164

    Default Re: Poor Blake Griffin

    I think the Clippers will trade down. Honestly, if they remain healthy and add depth, they are a decent team so I don't see why not trade down for more picks and a role player ala New England Patriots.

  4. #19
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease FULL CLIP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    818 SFV
    Posts
    250

    Default Re: Poor Blake Griffin

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    I think the Clippers will trade down. Honestly, if they remain healthy and add depth, they are a decent team so I don't see why not trade down for more picks and a role player ala New England Patriots.
    Clips need to go BPA.

  5. #20
    Stare bagelred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    26,893

    Default Re: Poor Blake Griffin

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    I think the Clippers will trade down. Honestly, if they remain healthy and add depth, they are a decent team so I don't see why not trade down for more picks and a role player ala New England Patriots.
    HUGE mistake.

    Forget the now. If you take Griffin, you've got Griffin, Thornton, and Gordon as a core going forward.

  6. #21
    NBA lottery pick BlazersDozen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    5,164

    Default Re: Poor Blake Griffin

    Thorton isn't that good.

    If you start rebuilding right now then you've basically signed Baron Davis to that HUGE contract for no reason. The whole point of him coming to L.A. other than Elton Brand was so he could win at home. Also, the Clippers already have a log jam of big men. Where will Griffin get minutes between Randolph, Kaman and Camby? All three expect to get 30-35 minutes per.

    The bench is good for the Clippers if they move Ricky Davis and add a solid back up small forward and replace R. Davis with a shooting guard who doesn't need the ball to be effective.

    And I'll reiterate, the Clippers can not fully rebuild with Baron Davis' fat contract eating up their cap room.

  7. #22
    Stare bagelred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    26,893

    Default Re: Poor Blake Griffin

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen

    And I'll reiterate, the Clippers can not fully rebuild with Baron Davis' fat contract eating up their cap room.
    So they'll trade him. There are plenty of teams who need a PG of Davis' ability. Someone will give you cap space for him......

  8. #23
    Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Coral Gables/Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,891

    Default Re: Poor Blake Griffin

    15-18 Million dollars in guranteed money(just to start), and So Cal vajay jay?

    Poor Blake Griffin?

  9. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    free wop
    Posts
    4,634

    Default Re: Poor Blake Griffin

    Quote Originally Posted by BFRESH44
    15-18 Million dollars in guranteed money, and So Cal vajay jay?

    Poor Blake Griffin?
    I know **** fans only think about winning but when your a 19 year old kid about to make millions of dollars and play in the nba LA would seem like a great place.

  10. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    free wop
    Posts
    4,634

    Default Re: Poor Blake Griffin

    Quote Originally Posted by theballerFKA Ace
    Thornton is pure garbage.
    No.

  11. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,395

    Default Re: Poor Blake Griffin

    Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH
    RUbio is Spanish, not Italian.
    But anyone from the Meditteranean with taste in culture and food will be in hell in Memphis or OKC.
    Nah he has his Spanish National Team teammate Marc Gasol in Memphis.

    Gasol enjoyed Memphis when he was here.

  12. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,395

    Default Re: Poor Blake Griffin

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    Thorton isn't that good.

    If you start rebuilding right now then you've basically signed Baron Davis to that HUGE contract for no reason. The whole point of him coming to L.A. other than Elton Brand was so he could win at home. Also, the Clippers already have a log jam of big men. Where will Griffin get minutes between Randolph, Kaman and Camby? All three expect to get 30-35 minutes per.

    The bench is good for the Clippers if they move Ricky Davis and add a solid back up small forward and replace R. Davis with a shooting guard who doesn't need the ball to be effective.

    And I'll reiterate, the Clippers can not fully rebuild with Baron Davis' fat contract eating up their cap room.
    +1.

    Ricky Davis has no role on the Clippers.

    Baron's contract will be very hard to move, hes still due $12 Million + for the next 4 seasons.

    ZBO is impossible to move, hes lockerroom and on the court cancer.

    Kaman could get dealt, there are still a few GM's who know how effective he is when healthy.

    Camby will get dealt, good veteran big man expirer.

  13. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,395

    Default Re: Poor Blake Griffin

    Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH
    No do.
    Marc Gasol obviously has no taste in food and culture.
    Memphis is awful on all fronts.
    Rubio never mentioned wanting to play in a huge market, I personally thought it would help better promote him to the masses.

    Rubio fits in Memphis, its not as high profile and he has his teammate Marc Gasol here to help him adjust to the NBA lifestyle.

  14. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    free wop
    Posts
    4,634

    Default Re: Poor Blake Griffin

    Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    +1.

    Ricky Davis has no role on the Clippers.

    Baron's contract will be very hard to move, hes still due $12 Million + for the next 4 seasons.

    ZBO is impossible to move, hes lockerroom and on the court cancer.

    Kaman could get dealt, there are still a few GM's who know how effective he is when healthy.

    Camby will get dealt, good veteran big man expirer.
    We'll see he's already been traded twice recently. And I highly doubt Camby will leave unless for a promising young player. Camby is needed to teach Deandre Jordan.

  15. #30
    Good college starter Darius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Handsome Man
    Posts
    3,164

    Default Re: Poor Blake Griffin

    It's a good day to be a Clipper fan (how often can you say that?).

    Landing the #1 pick was the only way out of tailspin and we did it.

    Gordon + Griffin might be a legit championship level core down the road if Griffin can achieve a young McDyess level.

    Thorton needs to be traded. Kaman needs to be traded.

    I'd love to have Kaman traded for Tayshaun Prince - we need a defender/facilitator at the 3 spot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •