Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Poor Blake Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    What could the Heat give the Clippers, though?
    Haslem and Wright for Kaman.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    He would of gotten 35+ mins, guarantee starting spot with both teams. Zbo is locked for another 2 years, so his early development will be hinder as a backup role. As a NBA fan, you won't see him running for ROY...
    We'll see about that don't be a bitter ******* just congratulate Clipper fans. Seriously who else even has a shot at ROY?

Since when is Griffin a good defender? Beasley was better defensively in college.

Furthermore, he's a terrible FT shooter and Beasley is a better scorer.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore FULL CLIP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    The difference is that Beasley can work on his defense and rebounding.

Griffin will never be as talented an offensive player as Beasley, even if he practices all day, every day, for the rest of his life.
    Beasley will never be as big or strong as Griffin. Skills can be taught, physical stature cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    We'll see about that don't be a bitter ******* just congratulate Clipper fans. Seriously who else even has a shot at ROY?
    I'm not bitter, Kings only had a 25% chance at landing him. I hope the Clips can somehow trade Randolph's nasty contract because I want to see how Blake pans out ASAP.

C A V A L I E R S

Do you honestly think he cares who drafts him? He's getting paid to play basketball for a living.

BRINKER
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by FULL CLIP
    Beasley will never be as big or strong as Griffin. Skills can be taught, physical stature cannot.

plus beasley's a dumsky and a slouch. probably will never realize half his potential.

I gaurantee you at least 2/3 of GM's in the league would take Griffin right now over Beasley if given the choice. Not that GM's by and large know what they're doing, but still i think that most would get that one right at least.

Beasley 6'8, 245lbs.
    Griffin 6'9, 251lbs.

Same age as well, though Beasley has one year more experience.

I just don't see anything that Griffin does better then Beasley apart from rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    I hope the Clips can somehow trade Randolph's nasty contract because I want to see how Blake pans out ASAP.

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Beasley 6'8, 245lbs.
    Griffin 6'9, 251lbs.

Same age as well, though Beasley has one year more experience.
    beasely is like 6'7, but if they are around the same size (like you say) then why does Griff simply smash anything inbetween him and the hoop (in a 2-3 foot radius) while beasely had to settle for hooks and layups in the same situations.

Either

A. Griff is a considerably larger and stronger
    B. Griff is a more explosive athlete
    C. Both A and B

Beasely is a better perimeter player for sure (by leaps and bounds), but when everything is said and done Griff will be the better player in the paint (which is what most 4's are paid for, working in the paint). Most 4's don't need Beasley's skillset. It's sorta like having a bear that can tap dance. It's cool and welcome, but having a bear do bear stuff would probably be the best.

beasely is like 6'7, but if they are around the same size (like you say) then why does Griff simply smash anything inbetween him and the hoop (in a 2-3 foot radius) while beasely had to settle for hooks and layups in the same situations.

Either

A. Griff is a considerably larger and stronger
    B. Griff is a more explosive athlete
    C. Both A and B

Beasely is a better perimeter player for sure (by leaps and bounds), but when everything is said and done Griff will be the better player in the paint (which is what most 4's are paid for, working in the paint). Most 4's don't need Beasley's skillset. It's sorta like having a bear that can tap dance. It's cool and welcome, but having a bear do bear stuff would probably be the best.
    I guess that's why Dwight is criticized for his lack of outside game. Same goes for a lot of bigmen. The need that 15 foot jumpshot they can nail consistently. Griffin isn't Shaq, and he won't overpower opponents in the NBA immediately.

BRINKER
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I guess that's why Dwight is criticized for his lack of outside game.

he's only "criticized" for it because he's built up to be and expected to be a dominant elite superstar. hype and status aside, im quite certain even without a jumper in his arsenal, every team in the league would welcome him into their lineup, and over michael beasley at that.

I guess that's why Dwight is criticized for his lack of outside game. Same goes for a lot of bigmen. The need that 15 foot jumpshot they can nail consistently. Griffin isn't Shaq, and he won't overpower opponents in the NBA immediately.
    True, but as you can see Dwight is very productive with his limited skillset. All Dwight has to do is play defense. When you're as athletic and big as somebody like Dwight you'll get most of your points off of tip-ins, putbacks, lobs, etc.... Dwight doesn't need to hit a jumper, he just needs to rebound and be a decent FT shooter. Beasely is three times as skilled as dwight, but he'll probably never have the impact dwight has in the league.

I'm not saying Blake=Superman, but he's a powerful freak of nature at the 4. He's physically ready for the league and will be one of the more athletic players once he joins. Dude can finish with the best of them and does a good job rebounding and playing "big". As long as griffin can rebound well in the NBA then he's well worth the no.1 pick.

Too bad he has to be a reserve for Zach Randolph...