Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Kansas vs. Kentucky: who ya got?

Quote Originally Posted by Csmooove23
    UK all day kansas just can't match up
    It's as if you've already expressed your one line opinion......

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

Those that are picking Kentucky, I'd really like to know why. Is it that illlustrious history of teams with a bunch of freshmen in their rotation winning national championships? Is it the unsuccessful nucleus returning from the previous season that likely features only one proven veteran? Is it the long track record of coaches winning it all in their first year at a school?

Quite simply, what are you guys basing that opinion on? You have a Top 10 team returning intact, the best point guard/center combo in college basketball- two guys that are a senior and junior, at that- and they're adding a big-time freshman of their own that fills the one weakness they had last year, the lack of a wing scorer.

I just don't understand this sentiment for Kentucky, even if Meeks returns.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    If it is early in the college season, I will take Kentucky. If it is later in the season, I will pick the Jayhawks.
    This doesn't make any sense, either. If Kentucky ends up winning it all- and they have so much talent I certainly wouldn't discount it, though it seems quite unlikely- it would be later in the season that they'd be peaking, with so many young guys.

Kansas is the team returning intact with veteran stars; they'll be ready to roll from Day One next season and would probably crush Kentucky if they played on a neutral court in November or early December.

Serious playground baller

I don't think it was mentioned either that jeff withey will be eligible, so that gives kansas even more frontcourt depth...

I am bias but Kansas has two of the top 10 players in the nation and Tyshawn Taylor gained valuable experience leading the USA this summer in winning the FIBA U19 tournament which we haven't won since 1991. Would be great to see UK and KU in the finals...........ROck CHalk

Raps, Jazz, and UCONN rosonviyavong's Avatar

Kansas baby

omg I didnt know that much about johnson omg he's super athletic thanks for the post i dont think College basketball understands what Kansas has this year....The best team don't always win but I tell ya THE JAYHAWKS will definitely be there come MARCH..........rock chalk

Quit typing like an 11-year old girl.

Unless, of course, you ARE an 11-year old girl. In which case....I'd still like you to quit typing like an 11-year old girl.

Local High School Star sixerfan3511's Avatar

i got Villanova

Hey game do yo got anything better to do than rip me? 11 year old girls nowadays type better than any of us so that is probably an upgrade. If you dont like drunk replies then go to a non drinking site....or just plain get a life you nerd.......

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

haha nerd...

Quote Originally Posted by jhawkin
    Hey game do yo got anything better to do than rip me? 11 year old girls nowadays type better than any of us so that is probably an upgrade. If you dont like drunk replies then go to a non drinking site....or just plain get a life you nerd.......
    I'm willing to bet few people post here drunk more often than me. You just can't tell.

Yes, I have plenty of better things to do, and I do them. Ripping your nonsensical typing took up about 15 seconds, or approximately 1/5760th of my day.

And from that you've extrapolated that I'm a)a nerd and b)need to get a life.

Terrific.

Saw a basketball once jphipps83's Avatar

Based solely on talent, you have to give the nod to UK. That being said, I think it'll be difficult with UK relying so heavily on freshmen, even if those freshmen are NBA caliber right now. Therefore, I think KU will end up going farther in the NCAA tournament based on experience and the ability to play together. Nobody knows for sure how UK will gel together, especially dealing with players that are jumping to the NBA after this season.

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

I'd like to see Kansas win, they are a true college team. I say this because the teams at the top are supposed to have good upperclassmen, and some talented sophomores and freshman, which they have. Kentucky on the other hand has a bunch of players collecting their paychecks to play under Calipari and WWWes and are probably more focused on leaving for the NBA more than their college season.

Made that high school varsity squad Batman's Avatar

which school has john wall?