Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Rubio Doesn't Want To Go To Memphis or OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    I don't think he'd declared for the draft if he weren't 100% sure of going to the NBA regardless of the team.
    Going to Memphis didn't go bad for Pau, right?
    is that sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    is that sarcasm?
    No.
    He went to a bad team where he had minutes and allowed him to grow as a player and be the team leader. Just what Ricky needs to reach his potential.

Unfortunately, he has all the leverage. He can just not show up and stay in Spain.

It's too bad for him that LA isn't even considering him. LA has already come and said they're taking Blake Griffin.

Maybe Sacramento can make a deal with Memphis for the pick.

This thread should be renamed "Rubio's Agent doesnt want him to go to Memphis or OKC" because I didnt see any quotes from Rubio in there.

I rule the local playground

I don't think he'd declared for the draft if he weren't 100% sure of going to the NBA regardless of the team.
    Going to Memphis didn't go bad for Pau, right?
    He wasted 7 years carrying the worst NBA market do playoffs only to get swept of them three times.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
    He wasted 7 years carrying the worst NBA market do playoffs only to get swept of them three times.
    But he got the minutes to develop. It his "first job" in the NBA, what he needs is room to improve, winning isn't important yet.

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    This thread should be renamed "Rubio's Agent doesnt want him to go to Memphis or OKC" because I didnt see any quotes from Rubio in there.
    This is ISH, what did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime
    He can't wait to sign as a FA. If he stays in Spain, his rights are simply retained by the team that drafted him.
    My bad. I was thinking of him withdrawing his name from the draft (he still can?). But even then he would be automatically eligible at some point.

I am Chris Wilcox

Doesn't bother me, I don't want Rubio anyway. I'd just pick him anyway and then trade him away for solid PF. Although, if Rubio's agent wants him in LA, then fine, the Clipps can pick Rubio and we (Grizzlies) will have Griffin.

Problem solved.

They should tell that little punk to just stay playing Euroball then. If he doesn't like that he could end up anywhere and if he doesn't like the draft process, to hell with him. Can't believe he's trying to come into the NBA with this kind of garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    They should tell that little punk to just stay playing Euroball then. If he doesn't like that he could end up anywhere and if he doesn't like the draft process, to hell with him. Can't believe he's trying to come into the NBA with this kind of garbage.
    It's just his agent.

It's a lie!!!

Rubio wants to go to Memphis...He wants to play with his national teammate Marc Gasol.

It's just his agent.
    He needs to fire his agent then. As long as his agent is spewing that stuff, I'm going to assume Rubio supports it.

BRINKER
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    He needs to fire his agent then. As long as his agent is spewing that stuff, I'm going to assume Rubio supports it.

it annoys me when fans see athletes as video game pieces and think that as a fan they are entitled to decide how a player should live his life.

Going to a new city in a new country is a career move. This is a kid's future career here and its no different than a business major deciding what to do out of college. Would you want Ricky Rubio telling you where you should or should not, could or could not accept a job offer? If not, then back off.
    Last edited by BRINKER; 05-21-2009 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BRINKER
    it annoys me when fans see athletes as video game pieces and think that as a fan they are entitled to decide how a player should live his life.

Going to a new city in a new country is a career move. This is a kid's future career here and its no different than a business major deciding what to do out of college. Would you want Ricky Rubio telling you where you should or should not, could or could not accept a job offer? If not, then back off.
    Being talked about comes along with being a public figure. If I didn't want people talking about me, I wouldn't be trying to play basketball for the NBA.

The thing about the NBA is that he really has no choice right now. The draft process is simple, you go wherever you're picked. Do you not realize this? What makes him so special that he gets to pick what city he goes to?

Why are you on an NBA forum if you're so against discussion on players and prospects? I'm not trying to say where he should go, I'm just saying he should have to be like everyone else and go where he is drafted without b*tching.
    Last edited by Undisputed; 05-21-2009 at 04:14 AM.