Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 377784858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1446

Thread: May 21: Nuggets @ Lakers, Game 2 (Round 3)

High School Varsity 6th Man justin43's Avatar

Default Re: May 21: Nuggets @ Lakers, Game 2 (Round 3)

[QUOTE=magi

And the #1 reason why the Nuggets won this game is because....

Linus Kleiza. I think thats how his name is spelled lol. But he was the spark they needed. And for some reason, the Lakers just didn't want to guard him.

I really don't like it when the piece of **** machine is in the game as well. He plays for like 5 mins and jacks up 4 bricks.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNugg21
    In addition, the Nene tied Gasol up at the same time Billups did. Easily could have been a Nene/Gasol jump, and advantage there is likely Nene. Plus, Jr's play, while very illegal, had basically no impact on the ensuing turnover by Ariza, unless I missed something.

Overall, tough game to watch. Yes, Lakers fans, the Refs were very much in your favor, particularly in the first half, but for some reason the Nuggets got the benefit of the whistle down the stretch.
    You've gotta be kidding me. Nuggets have been getting homecourt calls for 2 games now...I'm not mad because I'm assuming that'll even out with us somehow getting those calls in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by garubu
    NUggets bringin it home to denver 3-1
    Against the best road team in the NBA this season?

I think Fisher and Sasha combined to shoot 1 for 14 tonight.
    Why not let Farmar start for the remainder of the series, he is doing some good things out there and let Shannon play backup.

It's 1-1, but I have not been even marginally impressed with LA's offense and defense. They need to do something with Denver's athletic bigs, maybe start Powell at SF instead of Walton off the bench and let him hit those jumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    Yea that ball should go to kobe but he was being guarded pretty well by anthony.. And Kobe is going to have problems holding Melo off that ball.. Kobe was hot though.. I would have tried to get him the ball as well.. But sometimes it is hard.. Kobe has missed alot of big shots as well so please don't diss fisher..
    on one hand, yeah i understand. on the other hand, fish shouldnt have been in the game PERIOD 1-9, ouch. i would have been more comfortable with brown or farmer shooting the 3.

I kept having to rub my eyes this season in disbelief, especially in the second half... but it seems we're witnessing Carmelo Anthony turn into a decent defensive player. He had some great stops against Dirk and actually guarded Kobe fairly well tonight.

The real Jeff

if derek fisher doesn't break out of his slump, then you have to consider starting jordan farmar or shannon brown. i wouldn't mind seeing jordan farmar @ pg. the lakers need people who can create off of the dribble against denver, and jordan's one of the only lakers aside from kobe who can consistently get into the lane.

NBA sixth man of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Watching Post game interview Phil Sounds genuinely concerned about this series..basically saying if his team doesn't raise its level of Play they are gonna be in trouble in Denver.

Dunking on everybody in the park GMW's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by asu77golf
    I kept having to rub my eyes this season in disbelief, especially in the second half... but it seems we're witnessing Carmelo Anthony turn into a decent defensive player. He had some great stops against Dirk and actually guarded Kobe fairly well tonight.
    Melo is really establishing himself as a top 5 player in these playoffs, he's playing excellent on both sides of the floor.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Twiens
    You've gotta be kidding me. Nuggets have been getting homecourt calls for 2 games now...I'm not mad because I'm assuming that'll even out with us somehow getting those calls in Denver.
    "Homecourt calls" What the hell is that? You call a spade a spade, LA's not as much of a physical team as Denver is. They're gonna get more calls, since the play in the paint.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mbell75
    That got demolished by Houston

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNugg21
    In addition, the Nene tied Gasol up at the same time Billups did. Easily could have been a Nene/Gasol jump, and advantage there is likely Nene. Plus, Jr's play, while very illegal, had basically no impact on the ensuing turnover by Ariza, unless I missed something.

Overall, tough game to watch. Yes, Lakers fans, the Refs were very much in your favor, particularly in the first half, but for some reason the Nuggets got the benefit of the whistle down the stretch. The Lakers also have only themselves to blame, as missed freethrows killed them as bad as they killed the Nuggets in game 1, and they made poor decisions down the stretch.

I find it interesting that between Melo and Kobe, whoever shot worse has won the game. Go figure.

GOLD NUGG YOU NAILED IT.. Whoever gets the calls down the stretch will win.. Kobe was untouchable the other night the lakers win.. Denver got the calls at the end they win.. NBA AT ITS BEST...

NBA sixth man of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GMW
    Melo is really establishing himself as a top 5 player in these playoffs, he's playing excellent on both sides of the floor.

In the Playoffs he is definately top 5.. Top 3 actually Lebron, Kobe, Melo,Dirk,Howard,Rondo,Wade,Lewis

In Billups We Trust Mile High Crew's Avatar

Originally Posted by mbell75
    Yeah and your talking about the Nuggets ONE OF THE BEST if not THE BEST home team in playoff basketball this year.