Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 46869394959697 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1446

Thread: May 21: Nuggets @ Lakers, Game 2 (Round 3)

  1. #1426
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    1,815

    Default Re: May 21: Nuggets @ Lakers, Game 2 (Round 3)

    Quote Originally Posted by cotdt
    Not really, it's not the Nuggets that beat the Lakers, it's the Lakers who beat themselves.
    Go away with that crap. Give credit where credit is due. The Nuggets won that game. the Lakers played a solid game but they fell short, the Nuggets made the big plays when they needed them. Nothing wrong admitting our team got beat staright up.

    Great post from John Ireland on his blog today.

    May 22, 2009 12:00 AM
    Dead Even
    Posted by John_Ireland

    I've watched a lot of playoff basketball, and I can't remember a time I've watched a series that has been as close as this one after two games. I mean, this is freakishly close.

    Consider this:

    --The series is tied 1-1.

    --The overall combined score of both games is Denver 209, and the Lakers 208.

    --After two games, Carmelo Anthony has scored 73 points, and Kobe Bryant 72.

    Game one was close, coming down to the final buzzer. Then, after both teams made adjustments, game two was even closer than game one. This almost never happens, but check this out:

    --The Lakers had 43 rebounds (13 offensive), while the Nuggets had 42 rebounds (14 offensive).

    --The Lakers had 21 assists, while the Nuggets had 20.

    --The Lakers had 13 turnovers, while the Nuggets had 14.

    --Denver made 29 free throws, while the Lakers made 27. Each team missed eight free throws.

    --Denver made seven three-pointers, while the Lakers made six.

    --Denver shot 44% from the field, while the Lakers shot 45%.

    --Each team had exactly nine steals.

    The bottom line is that this is one of those series in which every possession could be the one that decides the game. The team that executes down the stretch and hits big shots will win, and every mistake could cost a team the game. Free throws will be critical.

    Enjoy it while it lasts, it doesn't come along very often.
    http://cbslocalblogs.prospero.com/n/...g=KCBS_Ireland

  2. #1427
    Another title in LA :) mbell75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,247

    Default Re: May 21: Nuggets @ Lakers, Game 2 (Round 3)

    Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Try looking at the teams the past 5 years. They mean absolutely nothing.

    Oh really? Then why is it that Phil Jackson coached teams are 42-0 in a series when winning game one? Hes coached two COMPLETELY different teams in different conferences. Why is it the Nuggets are 0-8 and Karl coached teams are 0-9 in a series when losing game 1? Some things just stay consistent over the years...like the Lakers owning the Nuggets

  3. #1428
    FACT w00terz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,832

    Default Re: May 21: Nuggets @ Lakers, Game 2 (Round 3)

    Quote Originally Posted by cotdt
    Not really, it's not the Nuggets that beat the Lakers, it's the Lakers who beat themselves.



  4. #1429
    I usually hit open layups
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    167

    Default Re: May 21: Nuggets @ Lakers, Game 2 (Round 3)

    Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Nah, Lakers played a decent game, Denver just made the important plays down the stretch. This wasn't like any of the Rockets losses, this was when the other team was just more talented and better on that night.
    Is not this the scariest part? Lakers are supposed to be the more talented team and if they are not then what's left, team chemistry?

  5. #1430
    7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    12,669

    Default Re: May 21: Nuggets @ Lakers, Game 2 (Round 3)

    Quote Originally Posted by mbell75
    Oh really? Then why is it that Phil Jackson coached teams are 42-0 in a series when winning game one? Hes coached two COMPLETELY different teams in different conferences. Why is it the Nuggets are 0-8 and Karl coached teams are 0-9 in a series when losing game 1? Some things just stay consistent over the years...like the Lakers owning the Nuggets
    Who has homecourt advantage again?

    Oh yeah.

  6. #1431
    Another title in LA :) mbell75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,247

    Default Re: May 21: Nuggets @ Lakers, Game 2 (Round 3)

    Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Who has homecourt advantage again?

    Oh yeah.
    Who has been the best road team all year and took homecourt right back in game 3 of the last series? Oh yea...You Nugget homers who think the Lakers cant win in Denver are in for a huge surprise lol

  7. #1432
    nashisbest
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

    Default Re: May 21: Nuggets @ Lakers, Game 2 (Round 3)

    billups passing the ball to himself using kobe's back AND hitting the layup was one of the best plays i've ever seen

  8. #1433
    7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    12,669

    Default Re: May 21: Nuggets @ Lakers, Game 2 (Round 3)

    Quote Originally Posted by mbell75
    Who has been the best road team all year and took homecourt right back in game 3 of the last series? Oh yea...You Nugget homers who think the Lakers cant win in Denver are in for a huge surprise lol
    Who's 2-3 on the road this post season with all the losses being blowouts? Ah, that's right. And those atmospheres aren't close to Denver's, literally and figuratively.

    You Lakers idiots, not homers, will be heartbroken. Unbelievable how everyone still thinks Denver will crack at some point.

    It's cool though.

    Any intelligent laker fans want to talk? I'm tired of this kid stalking my posts.

  9. #1434
    FACT w00terz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,832

    Default Re: May 21: Nuggets @ Lakers, Game 2 (Round 3)

    Game 3 is going to be intense. I think either team has a good shot at taking it, we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what happens. Can't wait.

  10. #1435
    7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    12,669

    Default Re: May 21: Nuggets @ Lakers, Game 2 (Round 3)

    Nuggets by 59, book it.

  11. #1436
    there, there tsforthrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,318

    Default Re: May 21: Nuggets @ Lakers, Game 2 (Round 3)

    Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Nuggets by 59, book it.



    3-1 Denver going back to LA

    Nuggets in six

    Phil first series loss winning game 1

    George first series win losing game 1

    BOOK IT.

  12. #1437
    Doodle nbastatus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    6,695

    Default Re: May 21: Nuggets @ Lakers, Game 2 (Round 3)

    Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Who's 2-3 on the road this post season with all the losses being blowouts? Ah, that's right. And those atmospheres aren't close to Denver's, literally and figuratively.

    You Lakers idiots, not homers, will be heartbroken. Unbelievable how everyone still thinks Denver will crack at some point.

    It's cool though.

    Any intelligent laker fans want to talk? I'm tired of this kid stalking my posts.
    im not an intelligent laker fan nor im a homer.
    you can talk to me!

  13. #1438
    7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    12,669

    Default Re: May 21: Nuggets @ Lakers, Game 2 (Round 3)

    Quote Originally Posted by tsforthrees



    3-1 Denver going back to LA

    Nuggets in six

    Phil first series loss winning game 1

    George first series win losing game 1

    BOOK IT.
    How awesome would that be. I see that coming too. End of an era...

  14. #1439
    2015 NoGunzJustSkillz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    13,152

    Default Re: May 21: Nuggets @ Lakers, Game 2 (Round 3)

    Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    How awesome would that be. I see that coming too. End of an era...
    and the begining of a new one?

  15. #1440
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,623

    Default Re: May 21: Nuggets @ Lakers, Game 2 (Round 3)

    damn the series is this close statistic wise without JR smith showing up yet and billups having mediocre shooting nights?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •