Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Shot

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMula
    lol u just make that up about lebron or you talking about jordan who doesn't play... clutch stat wise lebron is the worst at making game winners & kobe is averaging the most points in the fourth quarter, it was on espn yesterday
    Oh I'm making it up huh ? Guess again:

Best clutch stats in 07-08:
    http://82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

Best clutch stats in 08-09:
    http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM

Most game winning shots over the past 6 years:
    http://82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ruslan`
    Kobe is most clutch player in the league buddy

We shall C in Denve cause he will need to be for the Lakers to get at least 1.

Luchini from the sky TheAnchorman's Avatar

Default Re: Hedo, Ehlo, Hedo, Ehlo, Hedo, Ehlo, Helo, Ehdo, Ehhe, Lodo, Hedo, Ehlo

Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille O'Neal
    Couple of things.

The Horry 3 was game 4 of the 2002 WCF.

Fisher's .04 was vs. the Spurs and LA lost that series.
    You should read a paper or somethin'. LA won that series against the Spurs.

Banned

Default Re: Hedo, Ehlo, Hedo, Ehlo, Hedo, Ehlo, Helo, Ehdo, Ehhe, Lodo, Hedo, Ehlo

Why is the MJ comparison necesary? There's been probably hundreds of game-winning shots since THE shot, so why do certain people's minds automatically go to Jordan?

Let Lebron be Lebron. The man is writing his own legacy and so far it's been extraordinary and today was just another great one for the highlight reel. Anyone who claims it was just a regular contested jumpshot either hasn't seen it or is just hating. Big props to Lebron, everyone in the room here went crazy when that went in.
    Last edited by DonDadda59; 05-23-2009 at 12:32 AM.

Default Re: Hmm....I wonder who Jerry West wants to have the ball during the final seconds now?

Lebron is the only player to hit a gamewinner.

True story.

Delete this thread please. It belongs in the game thread. Thank you management.

Luchini from the sky TheAnchorman's Avatar

Default Re: Hmm....I wonder who Jerry West wants to have the ball during the final seconds now?

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

True story.
    Oh RLY?!? That's interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    people in this thread..honestly (SMH).

LeBron had ONE SECOND.

EVERYONE knew he was getting the ball.

he shot a turnaround three going away from the hoop.

but oh yeah, MJ's crossover FOUL LINE jumper was easier.

STFU, this is revisionist history at it's finest.

go to the park and tell me what is harder, a cross over foul line jumper with a 6'5" defender or a fade away three with one second to catch and release when you are going full speed in the opposite direction of the hoop with 6' 11" in your face?
    Bron didnt turn around, he caught and shot. He had enough space where Turk couldnt even challenge the shot. Reggie Miller, KING of clutch shots even made note that wasnt very good defense. And the TNT crew hinted Bron pushed off to get that seperation but thats neither here nor there.

Also where he shot the 3 is from dead center where alot of NBA players have success from. Even Manute Bol was knocking 3's down because they were dead center to the bucket so to speak.

Great shot, but lets not make up things as if it was some incredibly difficult shot. I just dont see how it tops MJ's shot...nor the animited display after nailing it. Even Ehlo as it went in body deflates and he falls to the floor (seen at a distance as MJ celebrates).

Too cold of a highlight. IF you want to rank Brons over MJ or say it was as good? Thats fine. Not here to argue back and forth for pages because we agree to disagree. But imo this was no MJ over Ehlo. And i say that without trying to discredit or downplay what just happened. I'm only awoke because I'm still in awe.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

True story.

To answer the OP's question...I'm pretty sure Jerry West would stick with his original choice (Kobe).

Anyway that was a great shot by LeBron...reminded me of Kobe's shot against Detroit in 04...but if the Cavs don't win this series, everyone will forget about it so the important thing for them now is to win the series.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    Oh I'm making it up huh ? Guess again:

Best clutch stats in 07-08:
    http://82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

Best clutch stats in 08-09:
    http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM

Most game winning shots over the past 6 years:
    http://82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

Looks like U just pwnd somebody ! LOL

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Why is this being compared to MJ over ehlo in the first place?.......

Completely different scenario, shot, and setting.

****ing worthless posters.

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating 3-pointer over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

That shot was big, big, big on the clutch scale. Their stellar season's legacy (arguably) hung in the balance and he delivered big time. Only time will tell if that shot has as much bearing on the playoffs as it appears to have right now.

=============================

Now, here is the thing that baffles me to no end. How does Anderson Verajao manage to stay upright when Lebron and Pavlovic both slam into him during the celebration?

=============================

Enjoy your evening Cavs fans. This is one we'll be telling the young'uns about years from now.

Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating 3-pointer over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

For this shot to be historical Cavs need to go on and win series and go on to win championship.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    I'm at my parents' for the holiday weekend. They went to bed, which is a problem because they have the only TV. It was too late to hit up a bar before the end, and I couldn't find any links, so i hit up the gamecast. I had to keep track of the biggest shot in Cavs history on a freakin GAMECAST.
    That blows mlh!

Come touch it, Dave Knuck the Ficks's Avatar

Default Should Orlando have guarded the inbounds pass?

First off, props to LeBron for making great shot. Hedo defended him very well but he was still able to pull it off.

But he's not even touching the ball if someone were standing more directly in front of Mo Williams. After Fisher's shot vs. the Spurs I thought this had become common knowledge.