Best clutch stats in 07-08:
    http://82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

Best clutch stats in 08-09:
    http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM

Most game winning shots over the past 6 years:
    http://82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

LeClutch James.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Hedo, Ehlo, Hedo, Ehlo, Hedo, Ehlo, Helo, Ehdo, Ehhe, Lodo, Hedo, Ehlo

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    people in this thread..honestly (SMH).

LeBron had ONE SECOND.

EVERYONE knew he was getting the ball.

he shot a turnaround three going away from the hoop.

but oh yeah, MJ's crossover FOUL LINE jumper was easier.

STFU, this is revisionist history at it's finest.

go to the park and tell me what is harder, a cross over foul line jumper with a 6'5" defender or a fade away three with one second to catch and release when you are going full speed in the opposite direction of the hoop with 6' 11" in your face?
    Gotta love the agenda here. Somehow the 6'7" Russell becomes 6'5" and the 6'10" Turk becomes 6'11". Amazing. And that's not the Ehlo shot anyway.

I do agree that Lebron's was probably at least equally as difficult as the MJ on Ehlo shot (Jordan had to like triple clutch that shot and was moving sideways).

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Default Re: The Shot

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Incredible shot, though I love how Lebron23 and other Lebron fanboys are quick to tout it as one of the best ever...

Is it insecurity that forces you to place everything Lebron does on a scale? Just enjoy it FFS.
    With what was on the line (possibly going down 0-2 and heading on the road for 2 more games) If the Cavs win this series and LeBron leads his team to a title that shot will go down as "one of the best ever".

Cleveland is pretty much eliminated if LeBron doesn't sink that.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: The Shot

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    With what was on the line (possibly going down 0-2 and heading on the road for 2 more games) If the Cavs win this series and LeBron leads his team to a title that shot will go down as "one of the best ever".

Cleveland is pretty much eliminated if LeBron doesn't sink that.

I agree, I pretty much wrote the exact same thing in another thread !

Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating 3-pointer over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

Last edited by Mikaiel; 05-23-2009 at 12:51 AM.

I am your soldier!

Default Re: Should Orlando have guarded the inbounds pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Knuck the Ficks
    First off, props to LeBron for making great shot. Hedo defended him very well but he was still able to pull it off.

But he's not even touching the ball if someone were standing more directly in front of Mo Williams. After Fisher's shot vs. the Spurs I thought this had become common knowledge.
    Were they or weren't they guarding the inbounds?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Knuck the Ficks
    First off, props to LeBron for making great shot. Hedo defended him very well but he was still able to pull it off.

But he's not even touching the ball if someone were standing more directly in front of Mo Williams. After Fisher's shot vs. the Spurs I thought this had become common knowledge.
    The polay was a lob first so he cut that off and LJ adjusted and make a great shot.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

According to Lebron, the Magic had seen them use that play before against Indy and they defended it perfectly.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Default Re: Hedo, Ehlo, Hedo, Ehlo, Hedo, Ehlo, Helo, Ehdo, Ehhe, Lodo, Hedo, Ehlo

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    I do agree that Lebron's was probably at least equally as difficult as the MJ on Ehlo shot (Jordan had to like triple clutch that shot and was moving sideways).
    Well, I don't know. I do think MJ shot was a little harder. Michael had to create space, then dribble a little to get a better shot and shot at the FT line. I think the Jordan shot was contested better. Jordan seemed like he had to use his hangtime trick and then shoot the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCJXi...eature=related

Hindsight is 20/20. With that said, I would have guarded the inbounds pass in this situation even though I think it's a little overrated. With one second left, altering the pass can be the difference between a win and a loss. Of course, after we saw what happened, it would have been a great idea to double up on LeBron and not allow him to get the ball.

I am your soldier!

They should've doubled LeBron. You know it's going to him, and there's only 4 guys who could shoot in the scenario. One should've stayed on Bron's side between him and the ball, and the other between Bron and the hoop.

You know... I still feel sick to my stomach after seeing him make that shot.

That could've iced the series for the Magic.

C A V A L I E R S

Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating 3-pointer over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

I really can't believe these haters. Let us have one night. Please? You do realize you're hating on CLEVELAND, right? CLEVELAND. THE MOST UNLUCKY SPORTS CITY IN THE WORLD.
    Last edited by CLE[216]; 05-23-2009 at 01:00 AM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Well, I don't know. I do think MJ shot was a little harder. Michael had to create space, then dribble a little to get a better shot and shot at the FT line. I think the Jordan shot was contested better. Jordan seemed like he had to use his hangtime trick and then shoot the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCJXi...eature=related
    I'm talking about the shots themselves. Yes, Jordan had to do a lot more work to get the ball and lose his defenders and get to that spot on the floor to take the shot. Plus, like I said, he was fading sideways and had to triple cutch. So it's a harder PLAY, yes.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Crap... I just heard about this. WTF! I still think the Magic have a chance. If they can win the next two games at Orlando the series is theirs.

Put yr guns up

With 1 second left, I leave the inbounder alone and double their biggest threat. 1 second isn't enough for the inbounder to get a good shot off, and I feel pretty comfortable even if one of West/Pavlovic/Z (I think that's who was out there) get a good look.