Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Superstar

Default Re: Discuss the Magic vs Lakers matchup

Bynum needs to have his best series yet. He needs to come out with energy and passion and cherish the challenge of taking on Howard. He really the key to this series. He has the body to guard Howard. Lakers frontline as a whole need to do a better job at rebounding the ball also.

This is going to be a great series. Lakers with homecourt is huge.I predict LA to win the first 2, then take 1 in Orl and finish it off at home in 6. Go Lakers. 4 more wins baby

Superstar

Default Re: Who will be the #1 X-factor in the NBA Finals?

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    Odom doesn't even need to be a scorer, just guard Rashard Lewis and Turkoglu. Of the people on the list, I think that Rafer is the most likely to have a better than usual series since, even though he's not that fast, he can still run circles around Fisher. Ariza could be a difference maker, too, since he seems like he can get up and down the court significantly faster than Turk.
    Rafer scares me. He always killed the Lakers when he was on Houston. Hopefully we see more of Farmar/Brown this series because Fisher cant stay with him

Superstar

One thing is for sure, LA better be ready to rebound better than they have been. You dont want a team who shoots so many threes to get many 2nd chance buckets.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTwisted
    Werent you the same person saying the Lakers will get killed by the Nuggets in 6 games and how Jones and JR Smith can guard Kobe? What happened with that, how did it work out?

Comparing Pietrus to Battier is very comical. Before talking nonsense why dont you go and get some basketball knowledge instead of reading books on how to be a hater.

Magic will win the series..Kobe will not have the same impact as Lebron. That is all U need to know.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Magic will win the series..Kobe will not have the same impact as Lebron. That is all U need to know.
    That's actually a great thing because that means Kobe's teammates will show up unlike LeBrons teammates

Kobe can not drive like lebron not even close, he is a glorified jump shooter. Kobe is about to take another knock to his legacy. Pietris will gaurd him similar to the way Battier did.
    Yeah just like you said Jones, Smith and martin could guard Kobe..

Pietrus doesn't have any hope of stopping Kobe either...and please don't compare Pietrus defensively to Battier. Makes you look even more foolish.

LAL in 5.

Does Kobe want to have the same impact as Lebron? Not if that means losing to ORL.

He won't need to, Kobe has guys like Gasol, Odom, Ariza who have played well...even Bynum could have a good series. He has gotten better as the playoffs have gone on.

Superstar

Kobe is going to have his best series in these playoffs. My ass Pietrus and Lee will bother him much. Kobe already went through perhaps the best two perimeter defenders in Battier and Artest..and Battier is a guy that spends hours studying Kobe's tendencies and analyzing his shot charts.

I think th gameplan will be let Howard go one-on-one and stay home with the shooters. Just gotta hope Bynum brings his testicles.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    Kobe is going to have his best series in these playoffs. My ass Pietrus and Lee will bother him much. Kobe already went through perhaps the best two perimeter defenders in Battier and Artest..and Battier is a guy that spends hours studying Kobe's tendencies and analyzing his shot charts.

I think th gameplan will be let Howard go one-on-one and stay home with the shooters. Just gotta hope Bynum brings his testicles.
    Agreed. Nobody guards Kobe better than Shane Battier does. Shane Battier always puts a hand in his face and is fundamentally the best perimeter defender in the league by a country mile.

Courtney Lee is a rookie, so I expect stage fright. Pietrus? He's a bone head type of player if you actually watch him play. He's like Lamar Odom, often times inconsistent but when he is consistent he's a heck of a player. Pietrus did a decent job checking LeBron, but as Reggie Miller said Kobe is a different beast.

I don't ever recall Pietrus ever shutting down Kobe when he was in the Warriors why is there talk now he'll shut him down now? Kobe is a slasher and an elite jump shooter. LeBron is primarily only a slasher, when he makes his jump shots he's the most unstoppable but that is one of his problems.

Also, Kobe has a lot more weapons than LeBron does. LeBron only has himself, Kobe has Pau Gasol, Trevor Ariza and Lamar Odom. If LeBron only had one teammate other person show up in the playoffs, The Cavs probably could've and should've won the series.

Daniel50
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I am very pumped up for this series

Superstar

Only things that sucks is that we have to wait until Thursday

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    One thing is for sure, LA better be ready to rebound better than they have been. You dont want a team who shoots so many threes to get many 2nd chance buckets.
    so who do you consider a more physical team... denver or orlando???

"Go Big or Go Home" miniharrison37's Avatar

Lakers all the way!!

I jumped on the Magic bandwagon as soon as they started against the LeBrons.

But,Lakers in 6

Who's dwight thank when they lose?