Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    rank sentamentalist

Default Re: Marvel/DC Team Tournament Round 1

To add a kink: Perhaps each team gets 24 hours prior to the match to build up weaponry and formulate a strategy against the opposition?

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    To add a kink: Perhaps each team gets 24 hours prior to the match to build up weaponry and formulate a strategy against the opposition?
    That will be next round. This round is more of a FFA. I'm going out. If sizz doesn't write something when I'm back I'll write something for him.

Quote Originally Posted by vapid
    Lets start with the first match up:

1. Dirtbag/Lakers31's Team: "Take over the world and GTFO of the way" Votes:
    1.Deathstroke
    2.Cyborg Superman
    3.Apocalypse
    4. Darkseid
    5. Atrocitus
    6. Amazo
    7. Mr. Sinister
    8. Bishop

vs.

Sizzle's Team: Votes:

1. Captain Marvel
    2. Wonder Woman
    3. Dr. Strange
    4. Silver Surfer
    5.Green Arrow
    6. Namor
    7. Rachel Grey
    8. Mr. Fantastic
    Here's how Sizz's team should win (my vote is just one vote too):

Sizz's team has 5 marvel characters, including 3 Illuminati. Namor and Mr. Fantastic know the power that Strange wields and will protect him at all costs, knowing he is probably their greatest weapon. Silver Surfer has had dealings with richards and Namor and will probably respect Mr. Fantastic's directions knowing that he has fended off Galactus. Rachel Summers will link everyone's minds. Even if Fantastic doesn't know the importance of telepathy, surely Wonder Woman will through her experiences with Martian Manhunter. Ollie and Captain Marvel are both not leaders. Ollie knows hes outclassed here, and Captain Marvel is basically a kid so they will both follow WW's directions, WW directs them to protect Rachel first.

On the other side, Dirtbag's team are mostly all evil guys, half are plotters, and half are all-out attackers. Before Sinister, Darkseid and Apoc can get a decent plan going Atrocitus, Cyborg Superman and Amazo have rushed out to attack Sizz's team. Bishop realizes he's with a bunch of a$$holes and resists Sinister's mind control for a while before finally giving in. Deathstroke slinks into the shadows, wishing he was in the city instead outside in the open field. By the time Sinister can manage a telepathic link the three first attackers have already engaged the enemy. Atrocitus can not be reached because his rage overwhelms all other emotions. Rachel I believe is also more powerful than Sinister so Sinister is not able to penetrate her defensive shields.

Atrocitus heads for what looks like the weakest target, the floating girl with no weapons. (he also hates red-heads.) However, he is met by Namor who tackles him into the nearby lake. Cyborg Superman is met by Silver Surfer and Captain Marvel, and is having a tough time handling both at the same time. Amazo meanwhile has Wonder Woman on the ropes as Ollie and Mr. Fantastic try to slow him down.

Sinister and Apoc realize things might go sour if they don't help out, and they tell Darkseid and Deathstroke to join them as they help out their fellow villains. Bishop also tags along, but is still managing to slow his own movements, rather losing then helping out his hated enemies. The two DC villains don't enjoy being bossed around, but realize the direness of the situation.

Meanwhile, SS and Marvel are standing tall, having defeated Cyborg Superman with a powerful tag team. However, before SS can give Billy a warning, Billy is obliterated by an Omega Beam to the back by Darkseid. The Surfer turns to attack Darkseid but realizes WW needs help and goes to aid WW, just saving her from being skewered by her own sword. SS blasts Amazo a few miles away while his back is turned. Amazo is not that hurt, but is out for the moment.

SS, WW, and Green Arrow turn their eyes toward the immediate threat of Darkseid, Deathstroke, Sinister, a struggling Bishop and Apocalypse. Four (and a half) extremely formidable foes indeed. However, we can't forget Sizz's most powerful member, Dr. Strange. Chanting this whole time, he throws a spell that disintegrates Sinister, who Rachel has advised as the brains of the villains' operation. Bishop is instantly free, and begins to attack Apocalypse, hoping to garner the favor of the other side. Rachel is now more free to go on the offensive, and hurls Deathstroke a thousand yards away, but not before Deathstroke throws a shuriken into strange's casting hands, causing Strange to break concentration.

Apocalypse shrugs bishop away and heads over to finish off Strange but is met by Wonder Woman, who is able to stall him but knows she is overmatched. Meanwhile, SS is busy fighting Darkseid to a standstill. Suddenly, the lake turns to red blood and Atrocitus' hand emerges...but only his dismembered hand, clutched by Namor, who casually tosses it aside, claiming that "NO ONE BEATS ME IN THE WATER." (Strange rolls his eyes.) Namor joins in the fight against the more well known opponent, Apocalypse, turning the tide of the battle.

Amazo has returned and has helped Darkseid destroy SS, but Darkseid and Amazo are both hurt, and are now up against Namor, Rachel, a wounded WW and Strange, and Ollie (who has managed to stay alive). Darkseid fires another Omega Beam to strange, but Strange is quicker, completing his spell first and Obliterating Darkseid. However, Strange can't deflect the whole blast and is taken out of the battle. Now the rest of Sizz's team is battling Amazo, who is a tough opponent. Amazo lays WW down and is about to overpower Namor, before suddenly Amazo's head is stricken clean off! Ollie had picked up WW's sword and lopped off Amazo's head, ending the battle.

Sizz's team wins mainly due to better teamwork and Strange being the most powerful guy in the matchup.

Its so hard to choose a winner haha. Will pick a bit later on.

Quote Originally Posted by vapid
    Here's how Sizz's team should win (my vote is just one vote too):

Sizz's team has 5 marvel characters, including 3 Illuminati. Namor and Mr. Fantastic know the power that Strange wields and will protect him at all costs, knowing he is probably their greatest weapon. Silver Surfer has had dealings with richards and Namor and will probably respect Mr. Fantastic's directions knowing that he has fended off Galactus. Rachel Summers will link everyone's minds. Even if Fantastic doesn't know the importance of telepathy, surely Wonder Woman will through her experiences with Martian Manhunter. Ollie and Captain Marvel are both not leaders. Ollie knows hes outclassed here, and Captain Marvel is basically a kid so they will both follow WW's directions, WW directs them to protect Rachel first.

On the other side, Dirtbag's team are mostly all evil guys, half are plotters, and half are all-out attackers. Before Sinister, Darkseid and Apoc can get a decent plan going Atrocitus, Cyborg Superman and Amazo have rushed out to attack Sizz's team. Bishop realizes he's with a bunch of a$$holes and resists Sinister's mind control for a while before finally giving in. Deathstroke slinks into the shadows, wishing he was in the city instead outside in the open field. By the time Sinister can manage a telepathic link the three first attackers have already engaged the enemy. Atrocitus can not be reached because his rage overwhelms all other emotions. Rachel I believe is also more powerful than Sinister so Sinister is not able to penetrate her defensive shields.

Atrocitus heads for what looks like the weakest target, the floating girl with no weapons. (he also hates red-heads.) However, he is met by Namor who tackles him into the nearby lake. Cyborg Superman is met by Silver Surfer and Captain Marvel, and is having a tough time handling both at the same time. Amazo meanwhile has Wonder Woman on the ropes as Ollie and Mr. Fantastic try to slow him down.

Sinister and Apoc realize things might go sour if they don't help out, and they tell Darkseid and Deathstroke to join them as they help out their fellow villains. Bishop also tags along, but is still managing to slow his own movements, rather losing then helping out his hated enemies. The two DC villains don't enjoy being bossed around, but realize the direness of the situation.

Meanwhile, SS and Marvel are standing tall, having defeated Cyborg Superman with a powerful tag team. However, before SS can give Billy a warning, Billy is obliterated by an Omega Beam to the back by Darkseid. The Surfer turns to attack Darkseid but realizes WW needs help and goes to aid WW, just saving her from being skewered by her own sword. SS blasts Amazo a few miles away while his back is turned. Amazo is not that hurt, but is out for the moment.

SS, WW, and Green Arrow turn their eyes toward the immediate threat of Darkseid, Deathstroke, Sinister, a struggling Bishop and Apocalypse. Four (and a half) extremely formidable foes indeed. However, we can't forget Sizz's most powerful member, Dr. Strange. Chanting this whole time, he throws a spell that disintegrates Sinister, who Rachel has advised as the brains of the villains' operation. Bishop is instantly free, and begins to attack Apocalypse, hoping to garner the favor of the other side. Rachel is now more free to go on the offensive, and hurls Deathstroke a thousand yards away, but not before Deathstroke throws a shuriken into strange's casting hands, causing Strange to break concentration.

Apocalypse shrugs bishop away and heads over to finish off Strange but is met by Wonder Woman, who is able to stall him but knows she is overmatched. Meanwhile, SS is busy fighting Darkseid to a standstill. Suddenly, the lake turns to red blood and Atrocitus' hand emerges...but only his dismembered hand, clutched by Namor, who casually tosses it aside, claiming that "NO ONE BEATS ME IN THE WATER." (Strange rolls his eyes.) Namor joins in the fight against the more well known opponent, Apocalypse, turning the tide of the battle.

Amazo has returned and has helped Darkseid destroy SS, but Darkseid and Amazo are both hurt, and are now up against Namor, Rachel, a wounded WW and Strange, and Ollie (who has managed to stay alive). Darkseid fires another Omega Beam to strange, but Strange is quicker, completing his spell first and Obliterating Darkseid. However, Strange can't deflect the whole blast and is taken out of the battle. Now the rest of Sizz's team is battling Amazo, who is a tough opponent. Amazo lays WW down and is about to overpower Namor, before suddenly Amazo's head is stricken clean off! Ollie had picked up WW's sword and lopped off Amazo's head, ending the battle.

Sizz's team wins mainly due to better teamwork and Strange being the most powerful guy in the matchup.
    BOO! go back and read Lakers13's description of how it would go down and come back with a better answer!

Bump. We need more votes.

rank sentamentalist

I hope to get to this tomorrow night.

Blu Ray

I'm waiting for someone to do my collage, then I'll do my write up.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Can Dirtbag/Lakers31 team lose? Darkseid, Apocalypse, Mr Sinister trio would take out half these teams. That teams just stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    Can Dirtbag/Lakers31 team lose? Darkseid, Apocalypse, Mr Sinister trio would take out half these teams. That teams just stacked.
    QFT

Banned

I vote for the team with Batman, GOAT superhero

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    Strange > Darkseid
    Surfer > Apoc
    Marvel > Sinister

Just sayin

rank sentamentalist

1. Dirtbag/Lakers31's Team: "Take over the world and GTFO of the way" Votes:
    1.Deathstroke
    2.Cyborg Superman
    3.Apocalypse
    4. Darkseid
    5. Atrocitus
    6. Amazo
    7. Mr. Sinister
    8. Bishop

vs.

Sizzle's Team: Votes:

1. Captain Marvel
    2. Wonder Woman
    3. Dr. Strange
    4. Silver Surfer
    5.Green Arrow
    6. Namor
    7. Rachel Grey
    8. Mr. Fantastic
    Okie dokie, let's get right too this. I'll just stick to an evaluation of the two teams, as opposed to going into storymode. With that said, great work fellas (Lakers13 and Vap). Nice storytelling and well written.

First off, this is a fantastic match. Two of the most powerful teams to be certain. While there's no way in hell Amazo is going to beat both Surfer and Strange at the same time, he's still plenty powerful. He'd give either one of them a match. Darkseid, Cyborg, and Apoc are the other big daddies on DB/L, countered by Surfer, Strange, Marvel and WW. Which quadro-trump is better? That's incredibly difficult to say. Here's how I stack them up in tiers.

Strange

Amazo
    Darkseid
    Surfer

Apoc
    Cyborg
    WW
    Marvel

As impressive as Apoc can be, he also gets dogged quite a bit. Who can forget the infamous table dodge? Strange is so powerful though... it's an incredibly tough call, and about as close to a draw as you can get with regards to a top four. I think I'd have to give a small edge to DB/L, if only barely. Seid's Omega beams have been stopped by very few, but WW's bracelets are included in those very few. Quite important methinks, and a bit of a balancer to DB/L's power advantage.

The backfields of both teams are pretty damn even too. But in this case, sizzle has the very clear advantage. Reed's genius intellect is very clearly top dog between the two bottom fours - and while he's not as useful as he would be with some time to prepare, he's still quick enough on his feat to come up with... something. Lame judgment I know, but this is frickin' Reed we're talking about. He always comes up with something. Rachel and Sinister would most likely duke it out, but I'd have to give the edge to Marvel Girl.

Sizzle's backfield has more of an advantage than DB/L's front four, but then the front four is always more important. And if that was all that mattered, I'd give the win to DB/L. But it's not.

Cohesion wise, this match isn't even close. Sizzle's team is filled with hard-working heroes who do their job and know their role. DB/L's team is filled with egotistical villains seeking personal glory or revenge, and nothing more. Plus Bishop, who is sorta badass, but still wouldn't be all too pleased to work with the likes of Seid and Apoc. Reed is a great leader, and Strange can take the lead as well. Namor and WW are right there. The team meshes quite well, and while it might not be overrun with direct connections between characters, it's got enough to boast an advantage over the opposition.

and I really think that's where the match ceases to be an issue. One team is going to execute much better than the other, and with power being more or less equal, that's what the match will boil down to.

Winner: Sizzle

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    Okie dokie, let's get right too this. I'll just stick to an evaluation of the two teams, as opposed to going into storymode. With that said, great work fellas (Lakers13 and Vap). Nice storytelling and well written.

First off, this is a fantastic match. Two of the most powerful teams to be certain. While there's no way in hell Amazo is going to beat both Surfer and Strange at the same time, he's still plenty powerful. He'd give either one of them a match. Darkseid, Cyborg, and Apoc are the other big daddies on DB/L, countered by Surfer, Strange, Marvel and WW. Which quadro-trump is better? That's incredibly difficult to say. Here's how I stack them up in tiers.

Strange

Amazo
    Darkseid
    Surfer

Apoc
    Cyborg
    WW
    Marvel

As impressive as Apoc can be, he also gets dogged quite a bit. Who can forget the infamous table dodge? Strange is so powerful though... it's an incredibly tough call, and about as close to a draw as you can get with regards to a top four. I think I'd have to give a small edge to DB/L, if only barely. Seid's Omega beams have been stopped by very few, but WW's bracelets are included in those very few. Quite important methinks, and a bit of a balancer to DB/L's power advantage.

The backfields of both teams are pretty damn even too. But in this case, sizzle has the very clear advantage. Reed's genius intellect is very clearly top dog between the two bottom fours - and while he's not as useful as he would be with some time to prepare, he's still quick enough on his feat to come up with... something. Lame judgment I know, but this is frickin' Reed we're talking about. He always comes up with something. Rachel and Sinister would most likely duke it out, but I'd have to give the edge to Marvel Girl.

Sizzle's backfield has more of an advantage than DB/L's front four, but then the front four is always more important. And if that was all that mattered, I'd give the win to DB/L. But it's not.

Cohesion wise, this match isn't even close. Sizzle's team is filled with hard-working heroes who do their job and know their role. DB/L's team is filled with egotistical villains seeking personal glory or revenge, and nothing more. Plus Bishop, who is sorta badass, but still wouldn't be all too pleased to work with the likes of Seid and Apoc. Reed is a great leader, and Strange can take the lead as well. Namor and WW are right there. The team meshes quite well, and while it might not be overrun with direct connections between characters, it's got enough to boast an advantage over the opposition.

and I really think that's where the match ceases to be an issue. One team is going to execute much better than the other, and with power being more or less equal, that's what the match will boil down to.

Winner: Sizzle
    Boo to your assessment but I will defend to my death your right to make it.

Thanks Ridonks. Current vote count:

Sizzle's team: 2.5

Dirtbag/Lakers team: 2

I think the teamwork aspect really is important in this match, as donks also pointed out. Sizz's team has the ability to protect strange long enough for Strange to cause some serious damage.