Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
    Da Mavs

Default Re: Post-game discussion of Lakers-Magic NBA Finals Game 3

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Is Bynum suppose to be a a great center? 4 points in a finals game and one basket was an air ball that got called a goaltend. Sad, Dwight Howard is r*ping him. Pathetic.

Also, why does Aldridge abuse Gasol every time they play? LMAO enjoy Kobe's last few years in the league as the Lakers return to mediocracy.

Bynum has an offensive game. Greg Oden? Don't even make me start

Every single GM in the league would take Gasol over Aldridge. More versatile, better leader, better scorer, better passer, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Too bad Portland will never win a title with a jumpshooting PF and a bust for a Center who makes Dwight Howard look like Hakeem in the post
    Oh, and another thing. Portland kicked Orlando's ass in Orlando early in the season. It took Orlando a miracle come back and Steve Blake choking for them to barely win in Portland at the buzzer. LA struggling against them, they might be down 2-1 if it were for Lee missing a lay up.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    Where were these threads when Lebron was missing clutch FTs, turning the ball over at an unprecedented rate (7 in 10 minutes I think), going 3-13 in the last three quarters of the ELIMINATION game, shooting 40% on the road?
    Not sure about threads, but you were definitely making the posts to keep everyone well aware of LeBron's struggles. If you notice, I haven't made a thread, simply commented and, the comment that I did make began by praising Bryant as a great player and calling these threads a joke.

I don't remember you doing likewise when LeBron was having a difficult Game 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    Wouldn't generally care but Cavs/Lebron trolls (RBA, indianguy) really can't be pushing their petty little agenda right now.
    If you were consistent, you would agree with my posts, because I am making the same points that you did after LeBron struggled, except with much less hate and much more credit given to Bryant, in general.

If I am a troll, what the hell are you? We would have to create a new term.

Kobe is a great player who has had a pretty damned good playoff. He really struggled in the final three quarters tonight. In fact, he hasn't really played great in the last two games.

That doesn't mean he isn't a great player or that he is solely to blame for tonight's loss.

Do you disagree with these statements? I have no agenda. I can't stand Orlando.

ಠ_ಠ

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    The refs gave LA every chance to win in the 4th with calls and non-calls. Can Turkoglu buy a call this series? I can't believe the way they're letting Ariza play him. Ridiculous. Terrible call on that Howard foul on Kobe that should have been a jump ball, and terrible call when Kobe was trapped and lost it and they called a foul. This is why superstars dominate nowadays -- because you can't take the ball out of their hands; if you try, it's a foul. LOL @ LA's 19 offensive rebounds on the final possession.

I thought that was a bad shot by Kobe from deep on the final possession; I felt they should have gone for a quick two, and a three only if it was available, but he took a very tough, contested 3 early in the clock. Good win for the Magic, but they really had to make a statement today, and I don't feel they made it. Good to see that Piterus has a pulse again, though.
    Stop b*tching about the calls seriously.

How about the Howard dunk attempt that was easily an offensive foul. Or the Pietrus double dribble that was an EASY call

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Too bad Portland will never win a title with a jumpshooting PF and a bust for a Center who makes Dwight Howard look like Hakeem in the post

lol dont sleep on Portland. They have a very bright future. I liked the lakers chances asoon as Portland was eliminated out the playoffs

Banned

Default Brown and Sasha need to play over Watlon and Farmar

I don't know what Jackson was thinking playing Farmar over Brown. It's not like Brown was having a bad series. Farmar was pretty good tonight, I just think Brown would have done better possibly. Brown is a better defender in my opinion and much more athletic. Even if this isn't a problem.

Sasha should play over Walton for sure. Walton is a passer and honestly not much more. Can't really shoot. Sasha on the other hand can shoot, play defense and can get into players' heads like Pietrus. He did it to Von Wafer in the Rockets-Lakers series.

High School Varsity 6th Man justin43's Avatar

Is this just going to be a "Jump on Kobe for having a Bad game" thread or a post-game discussion thread?

Lakers had a free throw percentage of 61.5% while the Magic shot 75% at the lane. In addition, the Magic shot 62.5% from the field while the Lakers shot only 51.3% from the field. The Magic only won by four points(2 really since the game was over then, but Crawford continue the game). If I try to look at turnovers, both teams have 13 turnovers and 10 fast break points. The Lakers have the advantage at the paint 40 to 36.
    Last edited by justin43; 06-10-2009 at 12:44 AM.

Man...a lot of these people will go into a state of depression when the Lakers win their championship next week...so sad.

owwwww

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    The refs gave LA every chance to win in the 4th with calls and non-calls. Can Turkoglu buy a call this series? I can't believe the way they're letting Ariza play him. Ridiculous. Terrible call on that Howard foul on Kobe that should have been a jump ball, and terrible call when Kobe was trapped and lost it and they called a foul.
    What about all four shooting fouls that weren't called in the first quarter on Kobe?

Can't get them all and in realtime it did look like an obvious foul as there was a ton of contact on the body.

Da Mavs

Oh, and another thing. Portland kicked Orlando's ass in Orlando early in the season. It took Orlando a miracle come back and Steve Blake choking for them to barely win in Portland at the buzzer. LA struggling against them, they might be down 2-1 if it were for Lee missing a lay up.
    Lakers struggling

We won the OT, wasn't given to us.

Orlando shot lights out, that's expected on the first game back home, Kobe had a bad game and STILL WE WERE RIGHT THERE!

Cleveland kicked everyone's ass but Orlando kicked theirs? Making comparisons like that is so lame

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Kobe Bryant chokes in the NBA Finals again

You calling Brandon Roy a glitch every single time I play you...

I cant lie Roy is good. Its just that we dont really see many Blazer games unless they play the lakers. But in the game Roy couldnt do no wrong

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Oh, and another thing. Portland kicked Orlando's ass in Orlando early in the season. It took Orlando a miracle come back and Steve Blake choking for them to barely win in Portland at the buzzer.
    What the hell does that have to do with anything? The Cavs owned the Blazers in the regular season.

It means nothing in the playoffs.

Da Mavs

Default Re: Brown and Sasha need to play over Watlon and Farmar

Excuse me? Luke and Farmar did really well this game. Luke makes more plays than Sasha, he just jacks up crap shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    lakers will NOT lose 3 in a row ....i can bet on that
    It's very easy to talk out of our asses on a forum.we will just wait and see.